List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to think this has already been raised by us. Hawthorn don't have to play the game but if they screw us out of a low pick for Brockman and then play hardball for Barrass, it will be to their detriment at some point.

They bloody conned us with Brockman, WAFL list clogger it seems and they knew it already.

The dumbest part is, Hawks will know this

Feel like the whole thing was done to take away the Hawks leverage of us needing a pick for Baker. But now they'll know we have no picks and are desperate to trade TB

Just plain stupidity all round
Then we just keep him to his contract.
They really need an elite player like him that will make all the difference in September.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Yes there is but the reality is still that not many top draft picks become great players. You can't bank on top 3 you are getting a gun. Junior footy is much different to mens footy.
There's no guarantees in life but going back to the last 10 picks 3s, they are Walter, Sheezel, Callaghan, Phillips, Jackson, Rankine, Dow, McCluggage, Mills, Brayshaw. Pick 12 (and our pick will fall after this once bids come in) are Gothard, Fletcher, Sinn, Bruhn, Pickett, Butters, Fogarty, Simpkin, Curnow, Ellis. Couple of gems in there, but there's a difference.

Average games for a pick 3 is 138, for a pick 12 it's 91.

Im not mad at Baker and Owies. They’re the age bracket we are lacking in, and their inclusion in the side protects some of the kids for that little bit longer.. it’s the fact we traded out our long term future and showed the other 17 clubs we aren’t serious about rebuilding that annoys me. We could have picked both up for far cheaper and retained p3.

Imagine walking Baker and picking up Owies as a DFA. Would that not tell Hawthorn to buck up the futures for Barrass?

We’ve gone from having a few clubs by the balls picks wise to fondling them for their pleasure.

Then we just keep him to his contract.
They really need an elite player like him that will make all the difference in September.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Barrass will still be a contracted top shelf KPD next trade period.

Hold him to his contract and tell him to take it up with Hawthorn who left him high and dry.

• Baker is top 6 player at Richmond, the trade is connected to Graham and we were never going to walk anyone to PSD
  • Owies has kicked goals, so must be good
  • only had 3 and 26 to work with
  • Looking at Dev
  • some things happening next yr
  • 12 is no where near as good as 3
  • understands why supporters are asking questions
  • sounded jovial
  • Barrass trade is a cluster
Not having the PSD as an option destroys all leverage.

Geelong who are a good and successful club, unlike a failed club like us, are not afraid to both threaten and USE the PSD.

They want to win not be nice losers 😩.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They bloody conned us with Brockman, WAFL list clogger it seems and they knew it already.
We paid a pick in the 40s for him. If they thought he was any good they would have made us pay more or not given him to us at all. Not every low pick is Jamie Cripps.

Copping it from a Nth mate, you know you are on your knees when Nth supporters are laughing at you.

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor
I'm coping it from everyone, the worst are people that don't know much about football. Even they know it's a bad deal...

I get the commitment to Baker thing, despite feeling icky about the cost. It's not as though the Tigers pushed him out. He is their VC and they were fighting to keep him. Fremantle were also balls deep into him.

That's three clubs having a real go for Baker. He's not going to select us if we don't commit to him and the deal. We are a ****ing basket case of a club. Been a horrendous three years. We're lucky Baker considered us at all, to be honest.

The price is the price and Im not arguing that point right now but we don't get Baker without pushing our chips in on him and selling him a vision better than the Tigers and Freos one. He will improve our list, he will be the conduit between coach and playing group and hopefully he makes us competitive enough that Harley chooses to stay beyond his three year term.

I suspect the club knows if it doesn't invest in established players to make us more competitive right now that we might lose HR9 as he will be fed up being the only one cracking in.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back