List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

You think Richmond have no interest in Owies when they are losing Baker, Rioli and Bolton?
His manager came out and said only WC and 1 other club (definitely not Richmond or Norf. Maybe GC?) have an offer in front of him.

Why couldn't he say he was only heading west? Like some of the top draftees, like you said, saying they won't come here.

There must be some red flags on Owies. Why would a 30 goal a year player have no interest from 16 out of 18 clubs?

The long term future looks grim

I can’t see Harley staying

We have no top end young mids bar from Harley

Gov has 1-2 years left and after that we’ve got Harry Edwards and Rhett Bazzo as our best young backs

We’ve got the worst rucks in the competition

We’ve got no genuine wingers

No ball users

No good HBF’s

I just can’t believe we’ve had three consecutive years of top 3 three picks and committed two horrific pick splits in two of them.

You don’t trade out those types of picks, you stockpile young top end talent.

Just insane to think about how badly we’ve squandered this trade period.

Gotta realise if the Barrass trade doesn't go thru , that's OK we stood our ground that's a win for today .

If this occurs I guarantee Barrass' next insta post will be him wheeling out of recovery in NZ with Cam Green.

Even if significant numbers of the draft cohort were showing a strong reluctance to move interstate, effectively limiting our drafting options, it doesn't lower the value pick 3 to every other club.

If the club wanted to move back into that "sweet spot", there so much more value that pick could have been traded for.

That's what doesn't make sense to so many here.

I think that may be my que to leave. I have given what information I can and I'll pop back in with updates when I can or after the draft. Enjoy your melts.

It's a very even draft down to live pick 15 (obviously Ashcroft and Kako are taken by then)
Enjoy the after party! I hear Don is breaking out the champagnes to celebrate a successful trade period

BEND OVER EAGLES WHAT A MAJOR FAILURE THIS HAS BEEN:

The trade in detail​

Carlton​

Receives: Picks 3, 63 and 68
Gives up: Matt Owies, picks 12, 14 and 73

West Coast​

Receives: Liam Baker, Matt Owies, picks 12 and 73
Gives up: Picks 3, 63 and 68

Richmond​

Receives: Pick 14
Gives up: Liam Baker
HANG ON WE GAVE UP 63+68 AS WELL ?????
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
ARRRGHHHHHH I'M MEEEEELTING AGAIN

I guess, and I will take the hit here, showing respect to players and clubs might encourage players like Harley etc and good players from Victoria to want to play for us.
Thus ensuring we start getting better prospects in the future?,??
We've been doing this nice guy shtick for a while now. So far it's gotten us nobody of note.
Geelong, known BODEs every year get some of the top talent nominating them.
Someone don't think us being nice works.
Two things do, prospect of success and money.
In competitive sports environment nice guys finish last and we're currently the shining example of that.
Which leaves attracting players with additional dollars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't give up draftee names. Just remember i'm not involved in whom the club rates in the draft and where. I'm just giving the info I can.

I put a lot of time into those draftee interviews and there were a few very serious red flags.

This is starting to shit me more and more. Every years its getting to a point where more and more players are not wanting to leave their state (IF that is what you are implying).

I guess, and I will take the hit here, showing respect to players and clubs might encourage players like Harley etc and good players from Victoria to want to play for us.
Thus ensuring we start getting better prospects in the future?,??
You can’t polish a horrible, stinking turd no matter how much spin you put on it.

Look, I don't love the trade, I don't like the trade.

But let's not overstate it.

It's a 9 pick downgrade for a very good player (Baker), and another best 22 player in the right age bracket.
I rate Baker as a player, but he will not be around when we are competing for another flag. With pick 3 could still get a 250 gamer.

Owies must have some red flags on him. Why would a 30+ goal kicker only have 2 clubs show interest in him?

I think that may be my que to leave. I have given what information I can and I'll pop back in with updates when I can or after the draft. Enjoy your melts.

It's a very even draft down to live pick 15 (obviously Ashcroft, Lombard & Kako are taken by then)

Don’t forget to salt the earth on your way out.

It's a very even draft down to live pick 15 (obviously Ashcroft, Lombard & Kako are taken by then)
Hey Phil, we all appreciate your time to come in and drop some comments. Please don't take this as an attack on you personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back