List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlton supporter ringing up Trade Radio absolutely spewing about the deal from a Carlton perspective

Made me feel a little better
It's interesting, because whilst eagles no doubt blew it big time the narrative from some that Carlton killed it is not so true.

Pick 12, F1, F2 and owies is a lot to get up 9 spots.
Lot of pressure on them to nail this pick now.

The Warner narrative doesn't make any sense. I don't see how it's related to this deal.

I can kind of understand it. We had pick 3 heading Swans way for Warner. He has unfinished business at Swans and contracted cheaply for another year so now we attempt to maximise that pick to acquire a combination of young talent and established support knowing we will also load up on future picks to get Warner next year.

We still get our top line mid, but in a roundabout way, and add a few more pieces around him so hopefully he can shine brightly early on, as opposed to what happened with TK where he rocked up and everyone else was injured and/or over the hill.

How exactly does this trade improve (or even change) our position to get Warner next year ?
We didn't get any picks for next year.
Was thinking the exact same thing. Some journo's are absolute morons and don't think before they write something up as fact.

I would've thought that if we had Reid and a top #3 kid from this year it would sway Warner more to pick us over Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting, because whilst eagles no doubt blew it big time the narrative from some that Carlton killed it is not so true.

Pick 12, F1, F2 and owies is a lot to get up 9 spots.
Lot of pressure on them to nail this pick now.
They may pick FOS given the Sam Walsh connection. And given that he seems the most flaky of the top few draftees based on form, I think that has the highest chance of blowing up in their faces.

The Warner narrative doesn't make any sense. I don't see how it's related to this deal.
3 would have been part of a deal including Warner and 19, which goes to Richmond for Baker.

Four picks inside 30 was our strategy.

We just walked away from that strategy to make Baker feel OK about leaving his old club.

Is this modern wokism worming its way into trade period? We now have to consider the feelings of the poor, poor player who is leaving the club he was drafted by and walking to get a lucrative contract?

So much for asking players to develop a hard edge when the club acts like marshmallows with opposition clubs.

Modern wokism?? What do you mean by that?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

How exactly does this trade improve (or even change) our position to get Warner next year ?
We didn't get any picks for next year.

I assume the thought process is after Hawks traded out pick 14 and grabbed 2 x R1 next year, we decided we couldn't get what we wanted this year from them and made the call for short term pain/long term gain by splitting the pick with Carlton and getting Baker. Now we go back to the Hawks and get their picks from next year for Barrass and we use them for Warner next year.

They put a promise they shouldn’t have made to Liam Baker above everything else.

No wonder the club is pathetic and seen as a joke and a prey to be devoured and torn apart by everyone.

Correct, all they had to say was we will do our best to get you to our club as long as it fits into our rebuild plan.

I'm over it now. Just remember it is just a game. It is a privilege to be living life. Putting things into perspective and all

It’s a draft pick at the end of the day. I try hard not to fixate on picks and the like for this reason… A bad (very) deal yes… but we’ll see what comes of the rest of post season. Still energised by the prospect next year, new coach, a few new players, hopeful further improvement into young ones and we’ll see what happens :)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back