List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
The absolute worst part about this whole debacle for me is that for a good 5 years the supporters could see what needs/needed to be done regarding our list yet the club have been completely blind for some mind blowing reason.

From not trading players at their peak to giving aging players contracts they didn’t deserve, to the credits crew that we all knew was not going to fix anything, to not hitting the draft and getting youth in for the rebuild that was clearly needed as we were about to fall off the cliff. The list goes on

The supporters knew all of this and were calling out for it years ago!!

That has to be the most brutal part of it all for me and has made me completely resent the club and verging on the point of hatred for a club I have loved since I was a kid.

Today was just icing on the shit sandwich cake
Unfortunately that's exactly how I feel. Hatred for my club. 37 years. Gone.

I dispise this organisation. They are not my club anymore.

And Pykey was saying we’re going to pull all the levers …….. is seems, except this one.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pyke just allows words to come out of his mouth. I don't think his brain is involved at the stage of talking. Or what's scarier, his brain is involved, and he's a Turkey. I think we've got a lemon with pyke, unfortunately. He may need to be Ken Judged and moved on quickly.

While I agree with the points about the PSD, Freo's offer is irrelevant if Baker only wants to go to West Coast. They should have stared Richmond down.

Yeah okay, so if Freo are offering pick 11 and the Eagles pick 26, why on earth wouldn’t Richmond just go ahead and trade him to Freo? They’ve done right by him in trading to his home state and done well for their club by getting a first round pick. Just because WCE was Baker’s preferred destination doesn’t mean that Richmond would take a much worse deal to accommodate him.

What did he say…

Hello.

I'm Dumb Puke. And this is a recorded message regarding the current financial status of our club.

I bad want money now. Me sick.

Please send funds via Crypto.

Kind regards.

Dom

dial tone

Ive calmed down a little bit.

All you can do is laugh.

Laughing And Crying Pedro Pascal GIF by Golden Globes

For the first time ever I genuinely do not feel any type of excitement for the players we've brought in.

I feel nothing but emptiness and rage at the absolute stupidity of destroying a somewhat promising rebuild over a bloke who can't kick for sh*t and has no set position.

We've learnt nothing from the Tim Kelly trade and have made the same mistake again.

Mini and Clarke have got what they wanted, so unless there are finals in the next 2 years, their heads should and will roll along with Pykes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t understand the fascination with getting Warner? People pinning their hopes on a dude that goes missing when the going gets tough and needs to get his hands dirty aka another Tim Kelly.

He’s no messiah and he alone won’t even move the needle at our club, heck Judd and Ablett at their prime wouldn’t even do much at our shambles of a club right now, we need plenty of talented players not just one flashy cherry on top dude.

I’d be livid if we sold the farm for him
Warner is a gun. One of the most damaging mids in the comp, good age and is from WA.

The ‘downhill skier’ accusation that occasionally gets rolled out on here is nonsense. He is one of Sydney’s only players to show up in their GF defeats and almost single handedly (along with Heeney) dug them out of a late season slump with a couple of elite performances late in games when they were getting beaten and ‘the going was tough’. Better player than TK ever was.

Last edited:
How deep is the rot? Does the rot extend to the board? Where are they in this doggy doo? It's scary to think the same people are going to oversee the reid trade soon.

I think Xaviour Ellis put it best - "it does absolutely nothing to raise the club's ceiling, all it does is give a temporary lift to the floor".

I think this is the most despondent i have felt as an eagles supporter. Not just because of this terrible trade, but because of what it says about the competence of the people who have been brought in to take over the running of the club. They are obviously as useless as the people they replaced.

And not only that, it says that we are not willing to do what it takes to be successfull. We will take success if it comes on a silver platter with no price tag attached. But if we have to disappoint a player by not getting a trade done because the price wasn't right, or upset other clubs by taking very aggressive positions at the trade table and make a few enemies we are just not willing to do that. Even though multiple other clubs have acted in less than good faith with us. We would rather be honourable losers with the high moral ground than get our hands dirty.

Nothing will change until the club starts losing money and royalty cheques to the WAFC start shrinking. If they can do just well enough to get bums in seats at Optus, then that is all they care about. That is all they aim for.

If Don Pyke doesn't care that 90% plus of the clubs supporters are enraged by how awful this deal is then we picked the wrong bloke to be CEO. Not only does he not care, but judging from that interview he is laughing at us and certain that he knows better.

It is a big IF ... but you're right. Reid (3rd season) and Warner

The other big IF is Kelly and Yeo - if they're still performing at a top level, we could be a very competitive side in 2026, assuming everyone else is also fit and firing.

Our midfield and forward line will look pretty good.

Our backline currently looks like our weakest line in 2026
It's not really about being competitive. Essendon and St Kilda are competitive. Do they have lists that can win a flag? Nup.

You have to try and get top end talent. Find said talent, the rest will come - outside the first round, rookie draft, trade, etc. You only get a handful of top 5 picks. Don't piss them up the wall.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back