List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I just counted 14, 22 and under, and didn’t include those turning 23 in the next couple of months.

Don’t know if Richmond are delisting any.

Don’t know if you’re delisting any of your kids. Been a bit of discussion here about Culley being one.
Hi troll, Asterix can help you out with your numbers.

Here is an updated end of 2025 age by position chart. I have made some assumptions that L Edwards and Rotham are delisted and we will need another to go to take 5 picks and the contenders in danger are Culley, Burgiel and Witherden.

View attachment 2146695

Our glaring weakness is that only 24% of our list is in their prime years of 23 to 27. We are OL at the 28 and 29 mark but apart from Ryan, the other 5 are solid role players
So that is 18 under 22s by the end of next year (not 14) not counting the upcoming draft.

Now, you may not rate our under 22s but that is different to the argument you are running with as the basis of your argument that Richmond is ahead is the strength of this years draft hand and number of kids they will bring in.

If your argument you run with becomes you don’t rate our youth well you can hardly argue that Richmond are ahead on the rebuild when we don’t know who they are using their picks on this year or what they become.

Hey, you do you and keep potting our rebuild all while demonstrating your ignorance of our list and probably Richmond’s.

It’s been mentioned sporadically in this thread but I do wonder if it’s worth revisiting Isiah Winder. Had a really good season for Souths and maybe his delisting last year was the reality check he needed

As far as I know he’s retained a connection with the club - think he’s living with 1 or 2 of our blokes and he was at our indigenous round game with other past players

Don’t think he’d be our worst option
Winder is a good run and carry player. He will certainly play better under the new coach than Simmo's "kick mark" style.
His injuries history is the only concern but has been reported as non-issue

I agree, but what tends to happen is when you start getting some top class players, other players start stepping up. So I think out of the rest, if we get some good talent in, some of these guys will step up. Remember Hunter? Looked fringey, probably won't make it. Judd comes in, Cuzz and Kerr hit that 80-100 game mark, Cox steps up, all of a sudden Hunts is the best swing man in the AFL. Embley was also touch and go if he'd make it.

So what your saying is when we draft our next Cox, Cousins, Judd and Kerr, all our other players will look better?

Sign me up!

Almost want to pick him up to save the embarrassment if he comes on.

Massively talented, just don't think his head was right when he was with us and sounds like he's pretty focused now.

Can see the cats taking him and him being absolutely amazing for them.

With Nic Martin and Lawson Humphries taking turns in giving us reminders of what we overlooked with the generous help of the commentary teams, I don’t think I could handle another one running around out there

With Nic Martin and Lawson Humphries taking turns in giving us reminders of what we overlooked with the generous help of the commentary teams, I don’t think I could handle another one running around out there

Far less worried about the bolded.

Lots of players can play loose back in teams handing out floggings and look good.

Almost fell out of my chair when some scrubber named him at HBF for best team of the prelim finals. Was playing on Zac Bailey from what I can see, who had a lazy 19 and 2.

I agree.

I’m not across Richmond’s youth to know if any have serious injuries that might impact their ability to play at the highest level.

I know you guys have two or three, and two of them were recent first round picks, in Hewett & Chesser, and I don’t know what’s going on with Long.

When I say both teams are in the same place, I mean the rebuilding phase.

So far you’ve drafted 2 top 10 draftees in the last 3 years, and 4 over all first round picks, with another to come this year.

In the same period, Richmond have drafted 2 first round draftees, 1 in the top 10.

They’re about to draft 2 more top 10 kids, and have a total of 7 first round draft picks this year.

Shueygod might be focused on how many 22 and under kids are on your list, but in terms of how many both teams are getting games in to, both teams are remarkably similar.
In the last game of the season Richmond had only 2 players currently 21 or under playing compared to10 for West Coast

Could give Murray Newman another chance.

Bodes well etc

Do you have the list spots for 5? Last I saw, Keys or WCE_phil was saying you currently have 3 list spots for the draft, picks 12, 26 and 73, and 73 is currently earmarked for your academy kid.

Depends on how deep we cut

We currently have 37 players contracted for next year so leaves 7 spots to be filled (6 main list and 1 rookie list)

Five players are awaiting their fate as to whether they are recontracted. If we only sign 2 and take no one as a DFA we can draft 5 new players

Here is an updated end of 2025 age by position chart. I have made some assumptions that L Edwards and Rotham are delisted and we will need another to go to take 5 picks and the contenders in danger are Culley, Burgiel and Witherden.

View attachment 2146695

Our glaring weakness is that only 24% of our list is in their prime years of 23 to 27. We are OL at the 28 and 29 mark but apart from Ryan, the other 5 are solid role players

Our glaring weakness is only having one good aging KPD, no decent rucks and only 1 gun young mid............ please stop putting these up, its depressing.

Why would it be balanced? They're at the bottom of the ladder? Doesn't need to be balanced.
In a couple of seasons when and if these young guys come on they'll be going ok
We've got a good draft hand next year but we'll probably use the bulk of it on Warner.and if we don't it's not the best year to have all those picks with it being so compromised
We're in the fortunate position in that we've got our KPF stocks sorted current and future but our midfield list a barren wasteland if hewitt and hall don't come on

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The original discussion was the Tigers would leap frog us in their rebuild after this draft and trade period.

My view was they won't until they balance the list.

Agreed we pretty much have our talls and are already getting games into them plus other mids. And we are much more balanced age wise to hopefully run the kms in games we need to. Apply the pressure needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi troll, Asterix can help you out with your numbers.

So that is 18 under 22s by the end of next year (not 14) not counting the upcoming draft.

Now, you may not rate our under 22s but that is different to the argument you are running with as the basis of your argument that Richmond is ahead is the strength of this years draft hand and number of kids they will bring in.

If your argument you run with becomes you don’t rate our youth well you can hardly argue that Richmond are ahead on the rebuild when we don’t know who they are using their picks on this year or what they become.

Hey, you do you and keep potting our rebuild all while demonstrating your ignorance of our list and probably Richmond’s.
14 was on Richmond’s list. Figured that was pretty clear.

The original discussion was the Tigers would leap frog us in their rebuild after this draft and trade period.

My view was they won't until they balance the list.

Agreed we pretty much have our talls and are already getting games into them plus other mids. And we are much more balanced age wise to hopefully run the kms in games we need to. Apply the pressure needed.
Minimal chance.

The potential draftees are nearly always better than what happens in the first 3 years.

Look at the BnFs ect and you will see, it’s not all about where they were taken. AA the same.

Jack Williams name doesn’t get thrown up but looks a genuine star. Dewar, Long, Maric that most other teams supporters wouldn’t know because they weren’t top 10 picks. We’ve all seen enough of what they can do. Now let’s hope 3-4 take that next leap and it’s very possible.

We have the Waterman and Allen’s for the next 6-7 years and they simple don’t and might not find them.

I agree.

I’m not across Richmond’s youth to know if any have serious injuries that might impact their ability to play at the highest level.

I know you guys have two or three, and two of them were recent first round picks, in Hewett & Chesser, and I don’t know what’s going on with Long.

When I say both teams are in the same place, I mean the rebuilding phase.

So far you’ve drafted 2 top 10 draftees in the last 3 years, and 4 over all first round picks, with another to come this year.

In the same period, Richmond have drafted 2 first round draftees, 1 in the top 10.

They’re about to draft 2 more top 10 kids, and have a total of 7 first round draft picks this year.

Shueygod might be focused on how many 22 and under kids are on your list, but in terms of how many both teams are getting games in to, both teams are remarkably similar.
Backtracking so hard 😂

“In terms of how many both teams are getting games into, they are remarkably similar”.

Let’s compare the games for the under 22 players then.

Ginbey (23)
Hough (23)
Reid (20)
Maric (19)
Chesser (18)
Williams (18)
Brockman (10)
Long (7)
Dewar (7)
Johnston (6)
Hall (3)
Culley (3)
Bazzo (1)
Barnett (1)
Rawlison (1)
160 total games in 2024

Vs

Campbell (21)
Brown (18)
Banks (15)
Sonsie (14)
Mcauliffe (9)
Green (6)
Smith (4)
Gibcus (2)
Clarke (1)
90 total games in 2024

Last edited:
Dunno about that. Only one club to compete with and we will have more cap space to lure him. I wouldn't be letting him walk to Freo without a fight, but we need to set our limit, particularly as there's some WA talent coming through next year.
Ya for sure, I just mean have that worked out before trade period when we start negotiating with Sydney.

Ok gaiz, as requested, here is my list of Top 5 Favourite Richmond Moments.

1. Jack Riewoldt kicking 10 vs West Coast.
  2. D.Rioli kicking GOTY vs West Coast
  3. When Vickory KO'd Cox right in the melon on a cold rainy night at Subi.
  4. When Benny C returned to Subi and torched his old club West Coast
  5. Matt Clarke's 2024 trade period.

Plz tell me what your favourite moments were, and anything else I've missed in the comments section below.
To be added in 12 months.
- Richmond getting priority picks for being so bad in 2025 after trading out all their good players for draft picks. While West Coast can't even get a Third Round priority pick despite four shit seasons in a row.

Hoping for the final delistings to be revealed tomorrow.
I don't think this happening today...
Jennifer Love Hewitt I Give Up GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back