List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
just think, if he doesn't flip one of our firsts for some magic beans this year, next year he'll have 4 first rounders in his control. i fear we haven't seen anything yet.

How will we have 4?

Ciao Eagle Fans, in my opinion in that trade deadline that was a huge win definitely a B+. With Liam Baker on your side you can use him even as a midfielder alongside with Kelly and H. Reid as when Baker has played in the middle he has been very good.

Full 3 Qts Baker Midfield Against Adelaide Crows
23 disposals 1 goal and 7 Marks

Baker when moved up to HF against Crows Last Qt (4th)
1 disposal 1 mark.
Shows how impactful he is when put in the right position. Speaking about Matt Owies can be a really dangerous HF and snag some goals and hopefully get over 10-12 touches with 2 goals.

Best of luck Eagles fans and hope you can snag someone in the draft👍

Like I said a couple days ago, we're all losing our minds right now because we've analysed everything to within an inch of its life and either forgotten and don't quite know how valuable a player someone like Baker is. Once the season starts and people see what he can do (and how our pick 12 fares) people will simmer down.

Baker said to SENWA yesterday that his mind was elsewhere for the better part of this year and now for the first time in years he's actually looking forward to a pre-season.

What we did in the trade period was to try and steady the 60/70 point losses and try to be at least half decently competitive again for more games. I loved our Gather Round performance against the Swans. We took it to them for three and a bit quarters before quality won over in the end. Just do that most weeks and Ill be happy.

It's all built for Warner next year. And if we lose out on him? We take the picks to the draft. It is what it is.

If Witherden is as clued in as they make out then might be worth looking into coaching if he can't make it as a player.

Yeah, I’ve posted previously that if he was delisted I’d like to see him offered a role as a playing assistant coach for the Beagles

Helps out the WAFl side and starts a career in coaching if that’s what he wants to do. It’s not a dissimilar pathway to how McQualter started as a coach at around the same age as Witherden is now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This some bullshit.....

Mad The Rock GIF

Our new list manager works for Richmond so expect them to pick him up as a DFA at no cost.

I really hope someone gives Culley ago.

AFL media states you have interest in Grainger Barrass. Seems like a top dude, the down fall I can see is in his DNA.

DGB just didn’t seem to be able to build a tank and see out 4 qtrs. This lead to frustration in game and silly errors. When confident he has decent foot skills.

It’s been mentioned sporadically in this thread but I do wonder if it’s worth revisiting Isiah Winder. Had a really good season for Souths and maybe his delisting last year was the reality check he needed

As far as I know he’s retained a connection with the club - think he’s living with 1 or 2 of our blokes and he was at our indigenous round game with other past players

Don’t think he’d be our worst option
Would we play him out of position in the forward line again?

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walls was on radio yesterday and was asked about Allan. He said he rated him, and thought he'd be on the cusp of being available at Freo's pick. But he then said he thought he was best as a high half back, and that Freo had plenty of that type. So reading between the lines, I'd say there's no chance Freo trade up for him, probably not drafting him even if he gets through.

Walls playing poker, Yeahnah we don’t want Allen .. Ok we believe you ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This some bullshit.....

Mad The Rock GIF

Why is there a random table in the middle of the locker room?

I don't want to cast dispersions, but I'm starting to think that all this "professional wrestling" might not be real.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back