List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said a couple days ago, we're all losing our minds right now because we've analysed everything to within an inch of its life and either forgotten and don't quite know how valuable a player someone like Baker is. Once the season starts and people see what he can do (and how our pick 12 fares) people will simmer down.

Baker said to SENWA yesterday that his mind was elsewhere for the better part of this year and now for the first time in years he's actually looking forward to a pre-season.

What we did in the trade period was to try and steady the 60/70 point losses and try to be at least half decently competitive again for more games. I loved our Gather Round performance against the Swans. We took it to them for three and a bit quarters before quality won over in the end. Just do that most weeks and Ill be happy.

It's all built for Warner next year. And if we lose out on him? We take the picks to the draft. It is what it is.

I think a lot of pundits on here were upset with trade week because as usual, they have their favourite player to draft, Smilie or Draper or whoever, and they saw their dream player go out the window. All in all, I think everything will work out just fine, and if we can get back into the 1st round for another draft pick, it'll be a win-win situation.

The original discussion was the Tigers would leap frog us in their rebuild after this draft and trade period.

My view was they won't until they balance the list.

Agreed we pretty much have our talls and are already getting games into them plus other mids. And we are much more balanced age wise to hopefully run the kms in games we need to. Apply the pressure needed.
We have our tall forwards. Gov won't last much longer and hopefully HEdwards keeps improving and can stay on the field.rucks suck Midfield is a weak point too
Not overly balanced

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stock’s media release reads very condescending to me.

At least own your mistakes. 3 for 12 and 14 was a poor deal however you spin it.

It may have been the best offer at the time, in that case we needed to change our approach. We could have moved 3 into future picks or a combination of current and futures.

Hopefully the player we pick at 12 is a star and we all move on.

We have a heap of players that age on our list already. Unfortunately a few were injured, and the rest just treading water in the cesspool that is our WAFL team

Maybe if we get some new leaders around the place, a fresh look and an improvement in standards, some of the young players on our list languiishing in the Beagles can actually progress enough to get into the 22 and show what they have
We dont. In 21-25 age range this year who played AFL

WCE - Chesser, Hough, Brockman, L.Edwards. H.Edwards, Jamieson, B.Williams
Hawks - Ward, Dambrosio, Serong, Butler, Ramsden, Macdonald, Ginnivan, Mitchell, Newcombe, Day, Maginness, Moore

Hawks 21-25 year olds were miles ahead to say the least.

Just looking at the DGB delisting . Pick 6 2020 .

That whole draft year for everyone was a shocker . I looked back at the picks and Essondon had 3 top 10 picks . How are they doing ? We got Tim Kelly
It wasn't as disastrous a trade as everyone thinks looking at draft numbers on its own .
Happy Mastenator pointed out pick 3 averages 120 games. Pick 12 averages 90 . So the way I see it if we get 30 games out of Baker we are in front of the pick 3 split .

Finals huh? Gotta love the positivity!
If you are an Eagles supporter why be a pessimistic Kent there are too many of them on this forum.
Too many people seem to post too either get likes or just have no fecking idea!
NO! Bender; I’m not talking about you!
Nor you Astro, just an observation.
We have been dealt the hand we have been dealt.
Let’s concentrate on making a hand good enough to win the deal.
We’ve all vented! It’s over!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are an Eagles supporter why be a pessimistic Kent there are too many of them on this forum.
Likes don’t mean anything

When he stops ignoring that trade options can and do accelerate rebuilds he won't cop it so much.

And also doesn't brag on the Lions site he likes to come on here and stir Eagles supporters.
You don't know what's being traded tho. We've been linked to plenty of the last couple of years that haven't eventuated and when we do trade guys in ppl go nuts that we've paid too much.

Jokes on you, I post to get likes AND have no fecking idea.

Culley, Burgiel & Witherden gone. Pissed off about the first two. This club is really not making good decisions at the moment and during a rebuild it's deeply disturbing.
We're trying to move forward. Burgiel looked lacklustre when he could get on the pitch. Culley was limited but tried.

Burgers and Jai unlucky for mine. I wish them well and hope they find another footy home.

I don’t think unlucky, possibly Jai with the ACL recovery factored in - but feel like the club had seen and knew enough regardless to let them go.

I hope the same goes for Rotham & Edwards soon. I also hope some land with other clubs - for them, and also so they can go weaken another list a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back