List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
You responded to Obeanie saying go the Hail Mary, you do know what that means I assume and you are just baiting Obeanie into a conversation (I.e., trolling him in the way he regularly accuses)? Or are you just brizsplaining that which is obvious to all again?

I think the Hail Mary would otherwise be an apt description to west coast selecting Hotton as Obeanie has suggested and to which you responded.
I really didn't take much notice of the Hail Mary part of his post.

I just thought it more than a little incredulous that Obeanie1 was suggesting a kid who had been spoken about more than a few times as a probable flight risk.

Trying to catch up on 8 or 9 pages, I've been skim reading a bit.

New here but my 2 cents worth. Not overly happy with the Baker trade thought we should have got something else back in the late 20s.

Though do think Baker and Graham will add a lot next year. Owies, unsure where he goes and think he will be in front of Long which I don’t see as beneficial to a rebuilding club. Hopefully he just gives pressure on Cripps, Long and Ryan to perform.

Overall not that happy with the trade period but carry on.

Main reason I am on here what to sound out our biggest issue and that is with our backline, very paper thin.

What options do we have?

One from left field, Oscar Allen to start at CHB next year with Edwards FB. This will allow McGovern to play the third tall.

Yes it robs us of a key position forward but I can’t see Waterman going backwards, Jack Williams was one of the highlights this year with his emergence and we have Archer Reid. From the small sample I have seen he seems a player.

I think Allen would provide a hardend and experienced body down back and will allow McGovern to play that third tall and direct Edwards and Allen.

It will also allow Allen to captain the team in a more prominent position.

Thoughts?

New here but my 2 cents worth. Not overly happy with the Baker trade thought we should have got something else back in the late 20s.

Though do think Baker and Graham will add a lot next year. Owies, unsure where he goes and think he will be in front of Long which I don’t see as beneficial to a rebuilding club. Hopefully he just gives pressure on Cripps, Long and Ryan to perform.

Main reason I am on here what to sound out our biggest issue and that is with our backline, very paper thin.

What options do we have?

One from left field, Oscar Allen to start at CHB next year with Edwards FB. This will allow McGovern to play the third tall.

Yes it robs us of a key position forward but I can’t see Waterman going backwards, Jack Williams was one of the highlights this year with his emergence and we have Archer Reid. From the small sample I have seen he seems a player.

I think Allen would provide a hardend and experienced body down back and will allow McGovern to play that third tall and direct Edwards and Allen.

Thoughts?
Don't necessarily disagree but we're robbing our forward line of a 50+ goal kicker.

Would like to see Archer Reid get a chance though. Reckon he can be an absolute beast.

What options do we have?

Thoughts?
Hopefully the backline won't be such a prominent position going forward.

With Barrass gone I think we need to look left field. We have no one else that could possibly step up.

Agree we lose a key forward but we may have a key backman within the squad already.

Probably thinking this as I a very bullish on Williams

Moulin Rouge?
Clarke:
7264130e-9dac-4d7f-b5ea-5def42f62c81_text.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we’re one top 10 pick short which is this this year

Unless I missed the memo that said you get more than one top 10 pick for finishing bottom 3

And we didn’t miss out on Sheezel - North don’t do that trade of pick 1 unless they were getting pick 2. They knew GWS would take Cadman so they’d still get Sheezel

We’d have taken Cadman which is why GWS wanted to get in front of us

If Hewett can get over his foot issues and build on the promise he showed in 2023 then that pick split will be fine

Wrong, Brady Rawlings confirmed North were going to take Aaron Cadman at 1 if that trade didn’t go through.

The amount of copium from our fans to make excuses for that pick split needs to stop.

I’m a big fan of Hewett as well, let’s hope he can get fit but that foot issue may very well be a long term chronic thing unfortunately

I'd rather not think of that.
As others have said, there are other players that have had that operation and be able to play normally afterwards.
There's no way to know until he gets back into full training and tests it out.
Let's just hope for the best!

Last edited:
My thoughts :

Yes - In tiers.

Taura - consolation prize for missing out on TT.
Hynes - a reach I would be happy to take, a Robin partner for our Batman HR9.
Berry - exquisite skills, very smart, but can he morph into a mid at the next level, or are we happy with a HFF?????

Allen - a typical WC pick, can we convert a HBF into a genuine mid? .... track record says NO... wingman at best.
Lindsay - not as tidy by foot as advertised IMO and coming off a popped knee. RO'B would have said YES.

No - Red flags.

Hotton :babybottle::babybottle::babybottle: and a ACL, massive flight risk, so probably pass.

Maybe - So tempting.

This is a hard one ..... heart says F yeah ......... head says ... no... he will head home asap after his first contract...pity.

Murphy Reid :babybottle::babybottle::babybottle: is the real fly in the ointment for me, in this whole process, he is a massive flight risk, BUT, he is a very talented kid :star::star::star:, that deserves to be in the top 6 category for mine.... think - a Trent Cotchin clone.

What If - It happens every year.

I think there are two players that could slide for a variety of reasons:

A player from the Eastern Rangers.
A player from the Dandenong Stingrays.

If either did slide, I would pounce.

Complete shock name-riser.

Oliver Hannaford.

What I expect and am bracing for being called out :

Player Registration - 1224455667 - Bo Allen - Peel Thunder - Halls Head Junior Football Club.

My Hard On Pick :eggplant: .

Tobie Travaglia....... sadly :cry: ain't happening.
Gee I'd cartwheel if Langford slid to our pick. Surely not. Smillie wouldn't be bad either

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back