List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite players in our last premiership side.

JK pick 4
Le cras pick 40 something
Shuey pick 18
Gov rookie draft
Yeo traded of a 2nd originally drafted with a 2nd
Barrass pick 38 was it?

Masten pick 3.......not even in the elite category playing g defensive wing.

So anyone seeing a pattern there?

Did I miss anyone?

Yeah but don't you know most of those were just luck?

Only top 5 picks are good decisions, even if they suck

Or something like that....

Are we picking up Carrol , DGB and Clurey . I wouldnt be opposed .

Carroll > No brainer

DGB > Longshot but i don't hate the idea given the possable LOL'age.

Prior > Sensible KPD choice (is he even in the discussion? Might as well add in E.Phillips as well if we're just doing rando's)

Clurey > It's not totally stupid, at least ticks the KPD depth box, albeit with an elder statesman.

I don't mind this years names for SSP candidacy so far. Normally there's much spuddier names. Tom Joyce, overweight Jarrod Pickett.

Whoda thunk that "the better your draft picks, the higher chance you have of drafting a good player" would get such pushback?

Doubt it would have if we didn't flush Pick 3 down the toilet and ended up with Pick 12.

More the melting down as if moving from pick 3 to 12 has ended our rebuild and that we're destined for the next five wooden spoons. Plenty are going on about the even draft and clubs trading down or even out of this draft, and we have improved our squad without a shadow of a doubt.

As to whether the improvement in our squad was worth the downgrade, fair enough, that's a worthy discussion.

Elite players in our last premiership side.

JK pick 4
Le cras pick 40 something
Shuey pick 18
Gov rookie draft
Yeo traded of a 2nd originally drafted with a 2nd
Barrass pick 38 was it?

Masten pick 3.......not even in the elite category playing g defensive wing.

So anyone seeing a pattern there?

Did I miss anyone?
Hurn and jetta

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoda thunk that "the better your draft picks, the higher chance you have of drafting a good player" would get such pushback?

Doubt it would have if we didn't flush Pick 3 down the toilet and ended up with Pick 12.

Hardly anyone is saying they are all that happy with trade. Some are probably just sick of the constant sooking and thinking it'll doom our club for eternity. And others can also see there may have been some reasoning behind it (whether you agree or not)

But, "even if it turns out for the best, it's still a shit call" deserves all the pushback in the world

Hurn was pick 10. Good call I knew I was missing someone.

Jetta we swapped for Sinclair.....who was a late draftee.
Jetta was pick 14 when drafted .

Sydney got some great footy out of him but he struggled to keep motivation.

The change of environment and role rejuvenated him.

We need to make sure Harley doesn't come out of contract.

If by the end of 2025, he doesn't sign on (we offer to trade him in the 2025 trade period). That way we should get the best return.

Trading him at the end of 2026 would be problematic, and would open the door to Geelong shenanigans.
With what we did in this year's trade period?

If we haven't signed an extension for Harley by May then it's a very good chance he's leaving. And who would blame him. No one here🙄

To be fair Pie man traded the F3 in 2023 to get Hall. Would’ve been nicely placed
Whilst not Matthew Clarke levels of stupidity I’ve posted on numerous occasions that was a shocking trade completed before his time. Freijah and any of Ough/Barrat/Johnson and perhaps Boxshall would have been fantastic.

In saying that, our R3 pick probably would’ve ended up at Carlton or Richmond as a sweetener anyway.

Hurn was pick 10. Good call I knew I was missing someone.

Jetta we swapped for Sinclair.....who was a late draftee.

So we had three top 10 picks in the last premiership side. JK 4, Hurn 10 and Masten 3 who was lucky to be there.

Sheed was 11.

Missing were Gaff pick 4 and Nic pick 2.
Hurn was pick 13. Funny what sticks in the memory.

With what we did in this year's trade period?

If we haven't signed an extension for Harley by May then it's a very good chance he's leaving. And who would blame him. No one here🙄

Really? Why.

In picks we traded out 3 and 68

Got in F1, F2nd, F3rd, Baker and Owies.

Traded out Barrass and F4th and replace him with pick 12 plus F3rd.

Where is that so terrible a player would leave?

If Harley read the outright negativity, bed wetting whining on here he wouldn't be blamed for packing his bags and leaving now.

The poor bugger us attitude shown by some on here is at sickening levels never seen in the history of the club.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back