List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I think those guys do have potential. But we genuinely need to inject serious A grade talent. We need to have had found more than one guaranteed inside mid star after three years of rebuilding.

Realistically only three of those guys have shown they are guaranteed high quality AFL players. Hewett and Long are unfortunately big ifs with their injury.

Long not, but agree on Hewett - really hope his foot injuries are behind him now. I think with the young group we’ve got and timing of the rebuild, we have to continue to develop them really well, get them on the park and then when the time is right and there’s an upswing in the works get sone bigger fish wherever there is the need via trade / FA. I agree with you a bit that although there’s more talent than sone might think, it’s far from ‘it’ from a list perspective just yet

I wonder whether Max Knobel is on our radar seeing our list is so devoid of decent and/or durable ruckmen.

Shown as uncontracted on AFL website list.
Was reported a little bit ago he is likely to get a 1 year deal at Freo again.

You’d think we would have asked the question

Another rumor is we are interested in Ethan Phillips?
I dont know any thing about him but the Hawks fans seem to think he's pretty good and only cut cause they are brimming with backman now. Wonder who would get the nod out of him and DGB

View attachment 2151022
How good could he be if they went out and chased KPDs? And used a lot of draft capitol to do it?
Not saying he wouldn't be good depth tho.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be happy with either of DGB or Phillips. Less interested in Clurey.

KPD can sometimes take something different to unlock - look at Collins at GC post Freo for example.
Same. Clurey is a band aid alright but rather get a band aid but also one that has scope to being a long time solution. Heck I rather see Jamo given that opportunity over Clurrey

Long not, but agree on Hewett - really hope his foot injuries are behind him now. I think with the young group we’ve got and timing of the rebuild, we have to continue to develop them really well, get them on the park and then when the time is right and there’s an upswing in the works get sone bigger fish wherever there is the need via trade / FA. I agree with you a bit that although there’s more talent than sone might think, it’s far from ‘it’ from a list perspective just yet
The lack of info on Hewett is worrying. It has been total silence. If he was going to be ready to go and good as new for pre season training then i would imagine that they would tripping over themselves to tell us that good news.

Happy You Can Do It GIF by Hello All
Going Crazy Donald Duck GIF

It's all about the base.
Thanks Luigi!

The lack of info on Hewett is worrying. It has been total silence. If he was going to be ready to go and good as new for pre season training then i would imagine that they would tripping over themselves to tell us that good news.
I thought Pyke came out recently and said Hewett should be good for day 1 preseason training.

That's about as much info as we can expect at this point in the year. Whether it eventuates is another matter though

Pyke did say he will be ready for pre season only 2 weeks ago.

I wonder whether Max Knobel is on our radar seeing our list is so devoid of decent and/or durable ruckmen.

Shown as uncontracted on AFL website list.
Hasn’t re-signed with Freo, I personally think they will try and shift him to the rookie list which means we can take him in the rookie draft if tigers and Norf don’t.

We should be offering 3 years on good (for him) money with an undertaking to take him at 3. Thank **** Clarke can’t trade that with Carlton for pick 11 and 29.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how AFL contracts work.
Do they get conventional sick leave, long service leave, annual leave like the rest of us?
I wonder how it's all structured.

The same as back and front ended contracts, for tax purposes it's obviously a bit of a minefield. I wonder how they mitigate that.

Hmm.

Carlton fans have cut a decent highlights package of him.

He's a bit of an odd unit. Strange gait. Penetrating kick. Doesn't seem slow for mine, which is also handy.

I like the idea personally, don't think there's much moneyball mid depth out there and Carroll still has plenty of upside.

If it came down to SSP signings and we only had room for 1 selection, i'd prefer Carroll > DGB > Clurey at this point.

Just feels like Carroll is more likely to make it and be more handy than the other two.

Why are you even mentioning DGB ?
He is too slow and soft for AFL level footy

TT being the board's hive mind choice I can't wait for him to be available at our pick only for us to ignore him and go for the local in Allan.

The Poo vs Ginbey all over again.

Animated GIF

I would be ropeable if this happens this year.
We decide to take a tall defender in the second round. All 3 of James Barrat, Noah Mraz and Harry O'Farrall make it to our pick. How do we rank them?
1. Barrat
2. Mraz
3. O'Farrell

Charlie Nicholls would prefer over all of them.

Yeah, they haven't bottomed out. They've been able to keep trading in good players. Do you think you can do that from bottom 4? With bunch of kids who have never experienced success?
We just got in a few decent players, id call Baker a bit better than decent too.
The gap between the top 8 and where we are now isnt that significant. A more balanced best 22 with more roles properly filled with more mature bodies will make up some of the difference.
We can attract any WA player that wants to come home, we have Harley and we have salary cap space, along with just in general being the bigger and better club here.
Freo have the better short term prospects sure, but we will still be able to attract players dont worry about that

Dgb isn't even that tall, I don't get the want to bring him in. Smaller KPDs need to be good to make the cut and he is 4 years in the system and looks a very long way back.

Id prefer we draft a KPD with one Of our picks and roll with what we have.

Carroll I don't mind the idea of giving him a 1 year prove it deal.

I don't know enough about Phillips to comment.

Dgb isn't even that tall, I don't get the want to bring him in. Smaller KPDs need to be good to make the cut and he is 4 years in the system and looks a very long way back.
It's a free hit and we have a good track record of developing talls, especially in defense.

May as well invite him to train on.

If fatty McGovern can turn it around, maybe DGB can?

It's a free hit and we have a good track record of developing talls, especially in defense.

May as well invite him to train on.

If fatty McGovern can turn it around, maybe DGB can?
sure train on. heck he can play for weagles for a year even.
but im against a list spot before this happens (ie. next week)

also on jack carroll, its probably doubtful eagles are interested. you'd think otherwise it would have been a pretty easy inclusion in the mega trade.

That’s one take, but could be heaps of reasons. Even if he is flying he might feel the want to take the pressure off by chipping away at his work until fully ready again with not too much attention

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but I think Pyke said something two weeks ago.

He did. Said he's good to go for preseason.

Obviously will need to be monitored to ensure it doesn't flare up again but said he's ticked all the boxes so far and will hit preseason on day 1 fully ready to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back