List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree on JK and Yeo to a lesser extent.

Shuey not so much, missed most of the 1st year with family bereavement.

Was almost a new recruit in 2011, playing a full year in 11 and going at 17 disposals per game plus average of 1 goal a game (better than Harley at 18 and .5).

2012 was similar and he was doing Reid like breaks from Ruck contests - mind you had NN/Cox feeding him as opposed to Bailey/Williams/Flynn.

5 A graders gets you into contention, we have 1 under 25 yr old who you would say is a monty to make this category.

Unfortunately the AFL teams apart from GC, have got smarter in the last decade, with the JK/Yeo bargains pretty much gone and replaced by clubs overpaying for players (like the Baker lunacy).

Being the Bombers or Saints isn't my aspiration, so we simply shouldn't be giving away early picks in this rebuild, with DFA's our only other option in a year or 2 onwards.
We have at least 3 A Graders in Allen, Waterman and Reid.

Trade in Warner and that's 4.

Hope we get another 1 or two from Hewett, Ginbey 2024/25 R1

We have at least 3 A Graders in Allen, Waterman and Reid.

Trade in Warner and that's 4.

Hope we get another 1 or two from Hewett, Ginbey 2024/25 R1
Archer Reid may qualify !
And everyone seems to have forgotten our little gem in Harvey Johnston.I just rewatched a little highlight clip of him.He was 183cm and 79kg when drafted. He’s skilled and not afraid. Another full preseason and he could be very good!He looked so small on the field but I think he will be b22 without a doubt in the next year or two.
BFers get so wound up in their own little fantasies they sometimes forget what’s right under their noses.
100 pages probably went without all our “experts” mentioning Hutch in our midfield angst but smarter people realise he’s the bomb.
Johnston hasn’t been mentioned since 1923 but he will be in our future.
Archer Reid will be in our future.203cm guy who thrives on his pressure let alone his spectacular pack marking.
We are 10 years from finals? Yea right!!!

This is my opinion of Jamieson.

He was chosen at #49 in the 2019 draft as the best WA based ruck prospect behind Luke Jackson. Obviously there was daylight between him and Jackson.

Made his debut in 2022 when there were not enough players to make up a team and half a dozen WAFL players played.

Since then he has played the odd game or few games.

It seems to have been decided a couple of seasons ago that he wasn’t going to make the grade as a ruckman because of his slight frame. He just got pushed out of the way by the AFL monster ruckmen too easily so the attempt was made to make him into a KPD. This was done so as not to burn a pick and because he is a good bloke and gave his all when he played. I was surprised that he landed his current contract.

He played a few games in that role this year. IMO he wasn’t great. ‘Like a duck out of water’ and ‘having his pants pulled down’ are two expressions that come to mind. He did the odd good thing which was a surprise because it came amongst so much that wasn’t up to standard. To add to his woes he is injured most of the time.

I think he is a very long shot of making the grade as an AFL player and should be delisted. Better than average WAFL player but not an AFL player. There is no comparison between him and Waterman who has clearly been an AFL level player for some years but had an exceptional breakout year which was probably at a higher level than anyone thought he was capable of. Jamieson is coming from a far lower base than Waterman.
Was 19 though in that draft while everyone else was 18.
Same as a bunch of our mid range picks who never even played well in the WAFL.
Athletic but no footballer in there.

Phillips.

I called it buoys. Bow down to me. I am your Queen 👑

You'd have to go him over DGB, easily.

Phillips won the VFL defender of the year award and a bunch of other accolades from memory. He's an absolute intercept pig. He was legit one of the best VFL players in the comp over a 2 year stretch, eclipsing anything DGB has managed to produce at either level.

Our what?

Queen Elizabeth GIF

Last edited:
Archer Reid may qualify !
And everyone seems to have forgotten our little gem in Harvey Johnston.I just rewatched a little highlight clip of him.He was 183cm and 79kg when drafted. He’s skilled and not afraid. Another full preseason and he could be very good!He looked so small on the field but I think he will be b22 without a doubt in the next year or two.
BFers get so wound up in their own little fantasies they sometimes forget what’s right under their noses.
100 pages probably went without all our “experts” mentioning Hutch in our midfield angst but smarter people realise he’s the bomb.
Johnston hasn’t been mentioned since 1923 but he will be in our future.
Archer Reid will be in our future.203cm guy who thrives on his pressure let alone his spectacular pack marking.
We are 10 years from finals? Yea right!!!
I can't remember the game but the game where he had 9-10 disposals in a quarter towards the end of the year I thought his disposal and intelligence in making the right choice of disposal was sublime, definitely something there to work with.

Hope he hits offseason hard and gets that blue tick soon.

I can't remember the game but the game where he had 9-10 disposals in a quarter towards the end of the year I thought his disposal and intelligence in making the right choice of disposal was sublime, definitely something there to work with.

Hope he hits offseason hard.
He’s a huge talent. Logan Morris was the sugar hit option, Archer is the long game but he has the skill set to be an absolute weapon with his marking, tank and skills for a man that size. Fantastic selection by the club, he’ll compete with Walter as the best KPP from the 2023 draft.

He’s a huge talent. Logan Morris was the sugar hit option, Archer is the long game but he has the skill set to be an absolute weapon with his marking, tank and skills for a man that size. Fantastic selection by the club, he’ll compete with Walter as the best KPP from the 2023 draft.
Hopefully we can get some games into him without becoming land of the giants again

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry, I was talking about whopper but definitely see what you see in archer.

Hopefully we can get some games into him without becoming land of the giants again

With Darling gone and the tank on Waterman and Archer I can see enough room for both as well as Oscar and Jilliams with Flynn as the primary ruck. The exception being in wet conditions.

Really want to keep Archer out of rucking for a few years, we were negligent in allowing Oscar to ruck too early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I definitely agree, and would love to see A.Reid develop into a KPD in the short term while we have Allen Waterman and Jilliams up forward. The old Richmond model usually only 2 KPFs and lots of quick mid/fwds who apply great pressure.

With Darling gone and the tank on Waterman and Archer I can see enough room for both as well as Oscar and Jilliams with Flynn as the primary ruck. The exception being in wet conditions.

Really want to keep Archer out of rucking for a few years, we were negligent in allowing Oscar to ruck too early.
Too many talls in the forward line there

I wonder how AFL contracts work.
Do they get conventional sick leave, long service leave, annual leave like the rest of us?
I wonder how it's all structured.

The same as back and front ended contracts, for tax purposes it's obviously a bit of a minefield. I wonder how they mitigate that.

Hmm.
I don't know about leave etc. but professional athletes do have access to income averaging so they can pay tax on their average income over a period of five years rather than the income they earn in a specific year.

I don't know about leave etc. but professional athletes do have access to income averaging so they can pay tax on their average income over a period of five years rather than the income they earn in a specific year.

I've been told as a high income earner, Mutimer preferred this method.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back