List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
I’d be stoked if we got him. Looks a DeGoey/Stringer type player who can be damaging in the midfield and forward. Just needs to improve his finishing in front of goal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Danger and Dusty have built some of the most damaging and match defining careers of all time with the same style. You don’t need good disposal if you’re capable of turning a game on its head out of the middle and launching consecutive inside 50s from centre bounces.

As long as we surround him with the right players that make up for his disposal. Culley, Chesser and Humphrey would actually be a good mix of attributes. Would not be upset with him at all

Honestly I don’t understand Hewett sliding.

You watch the WA v Vic Metro game, and Hewett was arguably the best player on the ground.

It’s not like he doesn’t have talent.

Just like the Vic Country v Vic Metro game. Oliver Hollands was arguably the best player on the ground.

Both players should be top 10 prospects.

So at your second pick you really should be taking Hewett as far as I’m concerned.

After Hewett, I rate Lachie Cowan, Brayden George and Olli Hotton as potentially some of the best players on board.

Agreed,
Supposed behavior issues is the reason for sliding I guess.
As has been stated before we will definitely need to use our pick 12 on him (he won’t last till 20).

Also like the look of Cowan, hoping we can somehow orchestrate a way of getting him tomorrow night.

My dream draft is Hewitt makes it to our 3rd pick, and you have to eat your chode.

I'll take it.

Worked last time

friends mom GIF

Listen Dark Sharks, your good wife with all her equestrian knowledge should have warned you, that you don't creep up prodding and poking fun at the Old Horse.

I may well be a decrepit old grey stallion now, but here is what I do to cheeky Kents that poke fun of me.

View attachment 1561943

I just assumed DS batted for the other team with all the sass 💁‍♀️
😝

Heard very few mention of Humphrey on here, other than old horse Monocle not rating his kicking. Guessing that's because nobody thinks he'll be available.

Personally I'd be stoked if he made it to pick 8 and Rohan pulled something random and selected him despite us not being linked to him previously. All comes down to what Hawthorn do i think, and Suns with Ginbey.

Humphrey got some campaigner about him, and despite not being a pure midfielder (he spends a bit of time as an explosive forward) he's still impactful and I'd be confident in his selection, particularly if we add another pure mid with one of our other picks.
If we do have the opportunity to go with Humphrey we should pair him with Hollands along with Hewett (should he be available).
Would be a great balance to build from. An inside mid, two explosive mids capable of kicking goals and the balanced inside/outside mid.

Finding it hard to get an idea of what kind of draft hand people want, because there is no real consensus on what a player will become. Because when you say genuine mid for some people that disqualifies Ginbey because he's a HB new to the inside role, Mackenzie because he's benefited from Ashcroft, Poe because he's a knob, Hewitt because he had a disappointing carnival and discipline issues also 12 is too early, Allan is all about upside versus risk so fine to use a later pick on him only he wont be there because other clubs are willing to take the risk, Jefferson because he's light on, low work rate, his reading of play and aerial marking is more suited to a KD. Then others because they've stagnated and have a questionable scope for improvement or flight risks, but most say Eagles dont have history of those issues.
So are people happy with best available talent who ever they think that is? But also to secure Ruck and KP futures, an A grade mid, and then versatile types with pace? sounds pretty easy.
Other way around.

Thoughts on Steely Green?

Apart from having the coolest name in the draft, the kid has a laser kick, plays taller than he seems plus seems to have a great footy brain.
Would be very good HF and pitch hitting in the midfield, hitting Allen on the chest!!!

Thoughts on Steely Green?

Apart from having the coolest name in the draft, the kid has a laser kick, plays taller than he seems plus seems to have a great footy brain.
Would be very good HF and pitch hitting in the midfield, hitting Allen on the chest!!!

No thanks unless it’s on the rookie list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Added to the long list of things this club needs...

A creative half forward would actually be another important one. Gee Venables could've potentially played that role but he ded, then Rioli gets blazed 420 and leaves, then Ainsworth retires..

Good box to tick. Someone who's hands you want the ball in delivering inside 50.

Well thats Jones.

Or Clarke. Id be rapt with Clarke at 23 TBH.

Or Hotton / Burgeil.

I'm calling it now because I find this scenario ridiculous.

If we still have one of Clarke/Phillipou/Mackenzie/Tsatas on the board at our first pick, we're not taking Ginbey. I can not see it happening.

If one of those four are on the board and we pass and take Ginbey, I'll change my username to whatever you all deem is appropriate.
If that happens and you change your name, my vote is for ‘yeo check out me eat my own chode’

who says no, amirite?

This makes me nervous “while the Bombers are considered a chance to trade into the top 20 if Hewett is still available and their current draft hand remains.”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I just don’t see a way that Hewett makes it to our 2nd round pick, some club will trade up for him or GWS / Sydney will take a chance

We need to not try be the smartest in the room and just take him at 13, he is great value at that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back