List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Just out of interest, WAFL 2022 League stats

Steely Green
Over 8 league games, avg 11.3K, 6.75H, 4.13T (inc best of 31D and 7T)

Elijah Hewitt
Over 9 league games, avg 8K, 5.55H, 2.11T (best of 18D, 0T and a goal)

Now I'm not a WAFL watcher and I know Green is 4cm shorter, but that's a fair difference!!!
Stats lie! Stats don’t replace brilliance!

Big Brian says “wow”
TWCxJh6.jpg

I'm not allowed to post anything draft related other than who I would potentially like West Coast to draft. Sorry guys.
That’s okay, I’ll chime in with the late mail, Dark Sharts edition.

- Word has it that Essendon is shopping around its pick 4. It’s looking to get two picks inside the top 10 to try and secure both Gunston and Bock. This one may go down to the wire.

- Eagles are still looking for ways to improve their draft hand. So much so, they are looking to offload future picks to move up the board in the preseason draft. I’m told Winder is our target.

- The Suns have serious salary cap issues. They are looking to tempt Kurt Multimer out of retirement. Unfortunately, Kurt has put a high price on his head, around $1 million per season, at this stage. Looks unlikely.

- The Cats have a new sponsor for season 2023. Phallosan Forte - penis thickening crème. Seems appropriate, as they have and always will be a bunch of CHODES to me.

Was flying back to Melbourne from Perth today and happened to spot Steven Bandy on the flight over.
likely just over for draft stuffs tomorrow.

I just don't think we'll take Hewitt with our first two picks. So have to pray he gets to 20.

Loads of mock drafts have us taking Ginbey and Allan, I can handle one but both is hard to stomach. I'd prefer Allan over Ginbey, paired with a Clark or Mackenzie at 8.

Hotton seems to been a mid teens pick to late 20s now. I'd take him in a heartbeat with either pick in the 20s.

Just because no one is talking about it who if anyone should we pick with our 5th pick, Tregenza for me big unit to replace Darling in a few years can’t see Jack Williams becoming much

I just don't think we'll take Hewitt with our first two picks. So have to pray he gets to 20.

Loads of mock drafts have us taking Ginbey and Allan, I can handle one but both is hard to stomach. I'd prefer Allan over Ginbey, paired with a Clark or Mackenzie at 8.

Hotton seems to been a mid teens pick to late 20s now. I'd take him in a heartbeat with either pick in the 20s.
Mock drafts might give a very slight hint at what other clubs may pick but means nothing when it comes to our picks. It will be 4 WA players if we listen to mock drafts.

In the absence of Keys I went down for a trundle this morning to check out the draft prospects. Just a few random notes I took down...

• A lot of running work again, clearly a focus even in the heat.
  • Jones looked on and was hitting targets left and right. Set for a huge 2023.
  • Keeler went up against Barnett in the ruck contests and I'd say that Barnett has the inside running at the moment.
  • Mackenzie looked a class above the other midfielders bar Humphrey. Just knew how to find the footy and wouldn't miss a target all session. Wardlaw was very quiet and seemed to be taking direction from Ginbey. Doesn't bode well for his captaincy credentials, maybe he doesn't want the gig?
  • Won't say too much about it in case I was just reading too much into it, but Tsatas looked as though he'd enjoyed the Christmas break a bit too much. A few of the coaches pulled him aside and they were having quite an animated conversation before Tsatas was sent to do laps for the rest of the session. Good news for Sheezel, I suppose.
  • Hewett kicked on his right foot for 80% of the session, I reckon. Nice to see players working on their non-preferred so readily.
  • Hotton looked like he was doing a great job 'coaching' the younger forwards in between the drills. Jefferson in particular seemed to be following him around.
  • Gee Phillipou has some skills. He mainly jogged laps before spending the last half hour or so on set shots - curled a few beauties from behind the boundary line at the end for a bit of fun. Hardly saw him miss a kick.
  • What interested me the most was that Allan split his time between the defenders and the forwards, could be seeing a swingman role in 2023. He was his usual dominant self down back in some match simulation drills before going head-to-head with Ginbey in a forward role.
  • Busslinger is very fast - Ashcroft was in most of the drills with him and couldn't keep up.
  • Ashcroft is pale as buggery and still doesn't really have the body shape you'd expect of an AFL player.
  • There was a big bloke who pulled up next to me and I could have sworn it was Suma, but I'm sure I was wrong...
  • Clark was the player picked to kick the goal at the end today and nailed it. Celebrations were huge.
  • No sign of Hollands, Fletcher or Cowan. Couldn't tell you why.

Will upload pics later if I have time. Let me know if you have any questions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d take Allen in front of Hewitt?? Seriously?? A possibility in front of a proven midfielder!! Big Brian says “wow”
Im definitely not the only one saying this, while everyone who knows a lot more than any of us are talking up Allens stocks and Ginbey for that matter also, Hewetts value seems to be dropping by the day. You cant go calling him a proven midfeilder either, his form this year was anything but. Far prefer to take a bit of a punt of a relatively unknown that has shown a few glimpses with far superior athletic abilities.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd go through Twomey's previous Phantom Drafts and look at who they had going to us:

2021: He said that Erasmus or Johnson would go to us, that didn't happen.
2017: He said that Allen would go to us in the first round, that didn't happen.
2016: He said that Jarrod Berry would go to us, that didn't happen.

The last time he was correct was 2014 with Liam Duggan.

You’d take Allen in front of Hewitt?? Seriously?? A possibility in front of a proven midfielder!! Big Brian says “wow”
From what is being said 18 clubs would probably take Allen in front of Hewett ATM.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

No offence mate but to win premierships you need “superstars”. Players that can do the extraordinary. I’m not saying that Hewitt is that man but he has all the ammo.his stocks may be falling but this is not the ASX.rumours abound ; but we don’t draft on rumours. As already quoted by others Allen was unheard of until he ran fast somewhere.He may well turn out to be a great footballer as he has the physical attributes and the bloodlines but there are people on BF who say they’ve watched a lot of him and they weren’t impressed! Hewitt can mark on your shoulders can Allen? Hewitt kick’s equally left and right, can Allen? Hewitt can goal from outside 50 , can Allen? Hewitt looks hard at it and it doesn’t appear Allen is( not my words). Allen may be taller, may be faster but gee guys I want a footballer not an athlete!

No offence mate but to win premierships you need “superstars”. Players that can do the extraordinary. I’m not saying that Hewitt is that man but he has all the ammo.his stocks may be falling but this is not the ASX.rumours abound ; but we don’t draft on rumours. As already quoted by others Allen was unheard of until he ran fast somewhere.He may well turn out to be a great footballer as he has the physical attributes and the bloodlines but there are people on BF who say they’ve watched a lot of him and they weren’t impressed! Hewitt can mark on your shoulders can Allen? Hewitt kick’s equally left and right, can Allen? Hewitt can goal from outside 50 , can Allen? Hewitt looks hard at it and it doesn’t appear Allen is( not my words). Allen may be taller, may be faster but gee guys I want a footballer not an athlete!
I think the “attitude problems” actually lean me more to wanting Hewett. If any of it is true it still only sounds like he’s a bit of a w***er at worst yet still competitive and hard working, not a throw the toys out, refuse to train type.

We need a few more on field assholes in the side. All well and good to be a good bloke off field but let’s get some aggression and arrogance back on it

Just thought I'd go through Twomey's previous Phantom Drafts and look at who they had going to us:

2017 - oh I wish he had been right and I expect we would have taken Kelly at our Oscar pick and still got Liam

2016 - I was a Berry fan and hence my disappointment with Venables

Once you get into double figures, it gets blurry

His latter picks have been pretty good I thought, just doesn't do well o0n the early picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back