Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it can be inconvenient I am not going to bag people who wish to get tested

My concern is really about what they then do ie continue on as if the test protects everyone else

My concern is that those that genuinely need to be tested first, should have "right of way".

I can appreciate others wanting to be tested maybe from Wednesday onwards, but Monday and Tuesday should have been reserved for those that ticked multiple criteria like flu-like symptoms and being in the hot zones at those particular times.

Im sure there are some that should be tested that are thinking they dont have the strength to wait in line for up to 10 hours.

Starting to get a little concerning. I've been optimistic that we'll be able to get on top of this but it looks like it's becoming more difficult with the amount of close contacts. The next few days are going to be huge, fingers crossed it's just SA Health being extremely over-cautious.

You might have missed it but Mistylake is ALL about his personal interest. 😜
More, well thought out and implemented policy 👍.
Lazy arse, thrown together on the run and politically motivated garbage policy 👎.

All your disagreements with me are you serving your own self interests to.

Imprisoning people in their own country is very (Soviet Union Cold War) and unnecessary, when I can easily quarantine when coming back so there’s no reason to disallow it.
I see Scott Morrison (and I’m sure he’s got an entourage with him) has flitted off to Japan yesterday and will quarantine on returning so it is possible.

Lazy arse, thrown together on the run and politically motivated garbage policy 👎.

Imprisoning people in their own country is very (Soviet Union Cold War) and unnecessary, when I can easily quarantine when coming back so there’s no reason to disallow it.
I see Scott Morrison (and I’m sure he’s got an entourage with him) has flitted off to Japan yesterday and will quarantine on returning so it is possible.
It is necessary

People are selfish. People think it won't happen to them or if it does then a quick dash to the shop is OK unless they don't breathe on people

People think its OK to keep working or more likely they feel they can't not work due to week to week living

You might be able to afford to quarantine but most wont

You might even be the "I don't have it so **** this quarantine shit"

You can't make a million laws/rules for a million scenarios so you make 1 for all of them

Isnt that the same attitude as the worker working while sick.

There is a rule in place (forthe greater good of society), but I won't obey it because it conflicts with my personal interest.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Say I live in Tweed Heads NSW right on the river. ThEn there’s a case of Covid in Coolangatta, QLD. Someone right on the river.
Because they are in different states one area is sent to quarantine the other is not. They are a few hundred meters apart.
Meanwhile an SA resident from Mt Gambier flies to Tasmania to do cradle Mt hike. Just because you’re from SA and there’s been a small cluster in the Northern suburbs now you’re getting hunted down by police and locked up for 14 days even though you have been no closer to an Adelaide infection than a few hundred kilometres. I call this lazy arse policy and I’m unable to agree with it.

People who were quarantining in the hotel, are now being transferred to another hotel and are being told they have to restart the 14 days again.

That seems absolutely obscene to me, surely moving them to another locations increases the risk of spreading it?

Considering approximately 10% of arrivals are positive, there are more than likely positive cases where you are currently. But you are separated which is the point of being locked in rooms.
How is this Peppers place different just because someone has taken it home with them. It’s ****ing stupid.

Say I live in Tweed Heads NSW right on the river. ThEn there’s a case of Covid in Coolangatta, QLD. Someone right on the river.
Because they are in different states one area is sent to quarantine the other is not. They are a few hundred meters apart.
Meanwhile an SA resident from Mt Gambier flies to Tasmania to do cradle Mt hike. Just because you’re from SA and there’s been a small cluster in the Northern suburbs now you’re getting hunted down by police and locked up for 14 days even though you have been no closer to an Adelaide infection than a few hundred kilometres. I call this lazy arse policy and I’m unable to agree with it.
If it is a rule, especially for the greater good, you obey it.

End of.

Not justify a reason why you don't need to.

This attitude is no different to the person who caused this.

It is necessary

People are selfish. People think it won't happen to them or if it does then a quick dash to the shop is OK unless they don't breathe on people

People think its OK to keep working or more likely they feel they can't not work due to week to week living

You might even be the "I don't have it so fu** this quarantine sh*t"

You can't make a million laws/rules for a million scenarios so you make 1 for all of them

You don’t need a million rules. I’m just suggesting 1 new rule, that you can travel overseas but on return you must quarantine and submit to testing. Before flying, during quarantine and for a few weeks after like AFL hub players.
And post a bond of $5K that you Quarantine properly. If you can’t afford it don’t travel.

Meanwhile it’s ok for a cleaner to toddle off to work at a known infection control site then get sick and continue to work because they need a few dollars.

Some here are actually condoning the second and poo pooing the first.

It is necessary

You might even be the "I don't have it so fu** this quarantine sh*t"

There is not 1 rule Scott Morrison is using his ownrule. You missed my point.

You don’t need a million rules. I’m just suggesting 1 new rule, that you can travel overseas but on return you must quarantine and submit to testing. Before flying, during quarantine and for a few weeks after like AFL hub players.
And post a bond of $5K that you Quarantine properly. If you can’t afford it don’t travel.

Meanwhile it’s ok for a cleaner to toddle off to work at a known infection control site then get sick and continue to work because they need a few dollars.

Some here are actually condoning the second and poo pooing the first.
And that 1 rule just so happens to be the one that benefits you

For the greater good my arse

Yeah because everyone has experienced a global pandemic before. 😳

my disagreements with you are completely to do with how selfish you are, and how cavalier you are with others lives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The MediHotel worker was asymptomatic, not sure if that has been saud in the media. Hence they continued working. So were most of contacts who spread out among the community.

Which is good as the risk of further infection seems to be lower from asymptomatic person than one who us physically sick.

It really is just luck they did a COVID test (as a matter of procedure) on the 80 year old who presented at the RAH ED.

The testing results seem to be proving this as well, ie none ( so far) people testing positive from the mass testing. The cases coming through are from targeted testing.

Week or so and this will be sorted.

There is not 1 rule Scott Morrison is using his ownrule. You missed my point.
It's not a Scott Morrison rule at all

Political and business can still fly out. Flying out to for a quickie just won't cut it

If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. You can apply online but you must meet at least one of the following:

• your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
  • your travel is for your business/employer
  • you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
  • you are travelling outside Australia for three months or longer
  • you are travelling on compassionate or humanitarian grounds
  • your travel is in the national interest.

And that 1 rule just so happens to be the one that benefits you

For the greater good my arse
There is already rules where you can travel OS but the exemptions are few. Prime minister doing business is an exemption.
There is compassionate reasons to but I fall outside the criteria due to timing of flight cancellations. It doesn’t diminish my or my Fiancé’s feelings and needs for compassionate reunification.
There is a growing list of countries that are allowing couples to travel to each other at their cost. Not just married couples but couples just caught out by timing sometimes missing flights by hours and now separated for 9 months now.
Travel with quarantine is possible. The prime minister is doing it now all I want to see is an adjustment to some of the definitions of relationship. There are millions of long distance relationships throughout the world with online introductions making this commonplace now.

There is already rules where you can travel OS but the exemptions are few. Prime minister doing business is an exemption.
There is compassionate reasons to but I fall outside the criteria due to timing of flight cancellations. It doesn’t diminish my or my Fiancé’s feelings and needs for compassionate reunification.
There is a growing list of countries that are allowing couples to travel to each other at their cost. Not just married couples but couples just caught out by timing sometimes missing flights by hours and now separated for 9 months now.
Travel with quarantine is possible. The prime minister is doing it now all I want to see is an adjustment to some of the definitions of relationship. There are millions of long distance relationships throughout the world with online introductions making this commonplace now.
Reunification?

You used Morrison for a what about me post

There are many things I could take a shot at Morrison for but this isn't it

[*]you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
[

One thing people have not thought about with the future of OS travel is the cost of Travel Insurance.

COVID will now be included in this (insure against treatment for COVID while travelling) and premiums will be quite high. Especially if travelling to the US and even Europe.

This will be with us for a few years. Vaccines will suppress it, but let's get real, the world will not be free of COVID for a decade plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
The MediHotel worker was asymptomatic, not sure if that has been saud in the media. Hence they continued working. So were most of contacts who spread out among the community.

Which is good as the risk of further infection seems to be lower from asymptomatic person than one who us physically sick.

It really is just luck they did a COVID test (as a matter of procedure) on the 80 year old who presented at the RAH ED.

The testing results seem to be proving this as well, ie none ( so far) people testing positive from the mass testing. The cases coming through are from targeted testing.

Week or so and this will be sorted.

My wife told me at 4pm yesterday that there was 14 suspected cases that they were awaiting positive tests for, so who knows how many more there could be that have been identified through testing yesterday.

I think that Marshall is shit scared to completely lock down the state because it's so close to Christmas, but if things aren't improving by the end of the week he'll have no choice.

He's definitely earning his money at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back