Autopsy Crows vs Hawks - Tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives: getting the win while not playing well, ben strattons form,( was given b.o.g, from the Hawks coaching panel), not getting any injuries, responding when the game was there to be one, gunston finally showing some form this year, and Hill ability to take the opposition on with pace.
Negatives: not playing four quarters, buddy goalless, Birchalls continued inability to shake the defensive tag, Goo making too many decision making errors for a player of his experience and class, not the player he was this time last year.

FgXCkIy.gif

I can't believe the sooking that's going on with this contest.. He flew for a mark .. he had no where else to go ... eyes on the ball ..had hands on the ball which slipped down below Otten's chest and he was just following it with his arms and though he had it .. instead he had Otten's head and couldn't possibly change his landing trajectory in the motion he was in .. if this even gets another look at MRP, then this game is finished. Could of been a bad outcome for Otten , but Buddy wasn't trying to injure him just a unfortunate and fortunate incident not a deliberate act.[/quote
First time ive seen the footage and i am actually really angry that there was even the suggestion that he could or should get rubbed out for this, are you effing kidding me??, if this way any other player in that marking contest they would have labelled it like this " a bit crude but he was going for the mark" with buddy its " Buddy is angry and he tried to rip his head off, should get looked at and he is in some trouble i would think", I mean are these journos taking the mickey or are they out to get him or something?. Pathetic.

They will be making their own pact pretty soon
Sanderson said after the game they that had set themselves for Saturday as they believed they owed the hawks one after the prelim loss
add in the non free kick
and ice it with 'he tried to break his neck' (taken from the mrp thread on the main board)
and the next time we meet you can guarantee it will be all out war
Owed the hawks what?, get over it sando i rekon, they were lucky they were even close in the prelim to begin with with our inaccuracy or is he just blissfully ignoring that fact?, likewise with the free kicks, how many did they get in the 50 again compared to us?, "he tried to break his neck?" hilarious, sando your a geelong flog mate.

I can't believe the sooking that's going on with this contest.. .

Yeah, I saw it on TV, they played it slow-mo, and I wasn't the least bit concerned. When he didn't cop a penalty I wasn't the least bit surprised. A few minutes ago I check the main board and there's people screaming blue murder ... mainly Crows and Swans supporters .. .go figure.

Contact between Hawthorn's Lance Franklin and the Adelaide Crows' Andy Otten from the fourth quarter of Saturday's match was assessed. The ball was kicked to the leading Franklin by a Hawthorn player when Otten cuts across to the front of the contest to mark the ball. Franklin initially seeks to mark over the top of Otten and his arm then goes down over the Adelaide player's shoulder and on to the ball as Otten completes the mark. Franklin's momentum takes both players to ground and a 50 metre penalty was paid for the high contact. It was the view of the panel that the 50 metre penalty was sufficient penalty for Franklin’s action and no further action was required.

I'm pretty disgusted with the way Buddy is having his name tarnished. It was a very dangerous act but there's no way it was intentional and the amount of abuse he's coping is disgraceful. Personally I thought he deserved to go, he didn't, life moves on. He's gone for things he didn't deserve to go for and again life moved on.

Some the mainboard stuff is just pathetic.

Big Deal!

This is a club that boos every opposition goal no matter how good the play is.

They will always find some reason to winge - they act like complete losers!
Haha it's nothing new, just thought if anyone was feeling a little down or questioning their intelligence they could venture over and immediately feel good about themselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide board is in meltdown...

Adelaide supporters are still bitter about losing the Preliminary Final to us. I'd say for the most part, Hawthorn supporters here have done their best to move on from last year's Grand Final. So to see Adelaide constantly whinge about the Preliminary Final and now about this match is sad. I don't mind them being angry about the Buddy incident, I'm sure we all would too if the roles were reversed. But the fact that they are still whinging about the umpires in both matches and claiming some sort of AFL Hawks Conspiracy is mind baffling to say the least.

For the "Buddies Lazy, he only deserves a Rookies wage" haters.

(Vs Adelaide) Franklin managed 17 disposals, including five inside 50s, against the Crows, to go with an equal career-high five one-percenters (Champion Data's statistic for knock-ons, spoils, smothers, and shepherds).

One-percenters are much like 'catches win matches'. Top work Bud!

Soucre: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-06/no-buddy-worries-lake

And that's what crow supporters will focus on rather than the inability to stick a tackle as Rucci alludes to in his article. At the end of the day, who cares, the hawks got the 4 points - it's not as though the hawks haven't received the rough end of the pineapple from the umps on more than one occasion.
Any mention of Buddy getting bumped in the head, near the goal square, and getting nothing?

Any mention of Buddy getting bumped in the head, near the goal square, and getting nothing?

Buddy is allowed to be head locked, wrestled, punched, man handled, head removed and teeth removed and its a free kick against against, so no there was no mention of head contact and the subsequent nose bleed

Big Deal!

This is a club that boos every opposition goal no matter how good the play is.

They will always find some reason to winge - they act like complete losers!
C'mon mate. If you're going to throw insults at least be accurate. The "19th man" :rolleyes: boos players going for goal. Once they've kicked it there is deathly silence. If they happen to miss then the "19th man" :rolleyes: gets an assist. If the "19th man" :rolleyes: gets enough assists by the end of the season, they each get a signed set of knitting needles from Sando! :thumbsu:

C'mon mate. If you're going to throw insults at least be accurate. The "19th man" :rolleyes: boos players going for goal. Once they've kicked it there is deathly silence. If they happen to miss then the "19th man" :rolleyes: gets an assist. If the "19th man" :rolleyes: gets enough assists by the end of the season, they each get a signed set of knitting needles from Sando! :thumbsu:
The umpiring was bafling on both sides there were certain calls against us that were mind boggling that have already been discussed in this thread. The umpiring had no effect on the end result. In fact if anyone has a right to cry about the umpires its those blokes from alberton. Got the raw end of the stick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Crows vs Hawks - Tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back