Autopsy Crows vs Hawks - Tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if he is not lazy and you think his work rate is fine, what's the problem? Sure he has been disappointing he last 2 weeks, but he was good-very good in rounds 1-4. I dont think Buddy has lost any pace, in fact I think he is looking pretty fit at the moment. This is not 2009.

I was happy to see buddy continually try to get himself into the contest. When did we ever kick the ball yesterday to buddy's advantage? It must have been very frustrating for him. I didn't like it when the frustration made him act recklessly and give away stupid free kicks. Another problem I think buddy has, is he tries to take on players too much. If he receives the ball he often looks to barge his way through instead of looking for space or a team mate for a handball.
Why does there have to be a problem? All I did was make an observation that it looks like Buddy has lost a yard of pace. I've just noticed this year he has had a lot more trouble creating separation between himself and his defender, especially in the last 2 weeks. He has also not been able to blow people off or run around people as easy or as often as normal.

To me that means he has either lost a yard of pace, isn't as fit or is carrying a niggle that is effecting him somehow.

Wow, so much of the post-match commentary is about the free kick to Hale for the hands in the back.

Yeh I know.

But its ok to give Adelaide free kick after free kick inside their 50. How many goals did the crows kick from free kicks inside their 50. We deserved the win yesterday. We were in front all day and had more polish when it counted. As for Adelaide. They're finished for the year.

Rewatched the last quarter - very intense effort from both sides. Don't be surprised if we start a little slowly next week.

Adelaide wanted that win, and we were strong and better when it mattered. Quite impressed with the win after watching it again.

Yep agreed.

You could tell that Adeliade had come out with a point to prove. Poor start to the year, best player out with injury, back in front of a home crowd, everyone writing them off.

They set themselves for this game, and we set them straight.

Why does there have to be a problem? All I did was make an observation that it looks like Buddy has lost a yard of pace. I've just noticed this year he has had a lot more trouble creating separation between himself and his defender, especially in the last 2 weeks. He has also not been able to blow people off or run around people as easy or as often as normal.

To me that means he has either lost a yard of pace, isn't as fit or is carrying a niggle that is effecting him somehow.

Ok, so buddy has lost a yard of pace.

Interesting I didn't notice you making this comment when bursted through the middle of the ground, hurdled two players at full pace and slotted it from 70m out...... oh yeah that was longer than 2 weeks ago.

I guess you are suggesting the Buddy has lost a yard of pace in the last week, or two??

If we got an armchair ride from the fools with whistles, why the hell didn't Budd get at least one free kick. Quite clearly in the last nearly in the goal square head down over the ball trying to collect it and he was bumped in the head from front on, possible Van bur Low(sp) but blond mid it was. Aren't they supposed to be protecting peoples head?
In the replay you saw him as he checked for blood after this rather than going after the ball.

Is it any wonder he starts throwing his weight around I would be pissed off too if I were treated as he is. They either think he is staging for everything, possible, or he just is umpired to a different set of rules.
Last week he was unlawfully detained ffs. arrrgh

Ok, so buddy has lost a yard of pace.

Interesting I didn't notice you making this comment when bursted through the middle of the ground, hurdled two players at full pace and slotted it from 70m out...... oh yeah that was longer than 2 weeks ago.

I guess you are suggesting the Buddy has lost a yard of pace in the last week, or two??
It's just an observation. I also never stated that he has definitely lost a yard of pace, just stated he has had trouble creating separation from the defender and that it appeared to me that it looked like he has lost a yard of pace.

Like I also said maybe he is carrying an injury of some sort.

If we got an armchair ride from the fools with whistles, why the hell didn't Budd get at least one free kick. Quite clearly in the last nearly in the goal square head down over the ball trying to collect it and he was bumped in the head from front on, possible Van bur Low(sp) but blond mid it was. Aren't they supposed to be protecting peoples head?
In the replay you saw him as he checked for blood after this
Yes that free kick in the goal square was missed, but that doesn't help the current agenda of some commentators.

In the last 2 weeks we have led for 90+ % of the game. We deserved to win both and we did.

The whining from yesterday was because we took their best shot, stepped on the gas when it was needed and left them in our dust within 5 mins.

Good hard fought win.

Hopefully last game ever at the Swamp that is AAMI...

Just one point I'd like the boys to work on is their delivery inside 50, too many kicks not to our forwards advantage.

Lets rip the Swans apart next week!!!

Buddy...... Sign the bloody contract mate, so you can be commited to the hawks and concentrate on your footy!

What has really pissed me off today is the footy shows/papers banging on about poor Adelaide and how many injuries they have.
How about the fact out of our side yesterday we were missing:
-Bailey
-Schoenmakers
-Whitecross
-Suckling
-Rioli
-Anderson
Any of the above would be in the our best 22..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has really pissed me off today is the footy shows/papers banging on about poor Adelaide and how many injuries they have.
How about the fact out of our side yesterday we were missing:
-Bailey
-Schoenmakers
-Whitecross
-Suckling
-Rioli
-Anderson
Any of the above would be in the our best 22..

This has been going on all year. Every week we hear the old Injury Ravaged Hawks Opponent, but no mention of our outs. Hence the enjoyment of the game last night with sound turned off.

Though I am not 100% on whether he would go or not.
And while a few have been a tad over the top in calls, I don't think they need a spray for calling it out. It looked terrible on the tv, and repeating myself, but if it was one of our players in the receiving end of that. Everyone would be calling for the players head.

It wasn't a good look and the secondary action was unecessary but one born out of frustration I think (that doesn't excuse it) but the fact that only Adelaide and cat supporters but no media (unless I've missed it of course) has got behind it and replayed it ad nauseum then he maybe ok. The second incident IMO was entirely accidental as he was off balance and already falling.

Disclaimer - I have no idea how the mrp will see either of the above and may in fact get weeks

If Buddy is gone for the headlock, I guess Newman for the Tigers is gone too.

Haven't heard that suggestion from anyone Tried to drive Selwood into the ground as he fell.

But people here are saying Buddy should go because he could of hurt a player in a headlock.

50 metres only.

Not to mention Selwood's subsequent bodyslam on Newman (which I was pretty impressed with.)

Yep, had a look on the Afl replay site at the Buddy headlock and 50....absolute load of bullshit....

Roo wanted Buddy red-carded immediately and Dermie wanted to show Huddo exactly what damage a headlock can really do....

Don't believe it will be cited at MRP at all (and so it shouldnt be)

It wasn't a good look and the secondary action was unecessary but one born out of frustration I think (that doesn't excuse it) but the fact that only Adelaide and cat supporters but no media (unless I've missed it of course) has got behind it and replayed it ad nauseum then he maybe ok. The second incident IMO was entirely accidental as he was off balance and already falling.

Disclaimer - I have no idea how the mrp will see either of the above and may in fact get weeks

Agreed. Expected Roos, Caro and co to have publihsed articles today about it. Franko could well be in the clear !!

My old man pulled out a stat that we lost the 'frees inside forward 50' count 7-0. That's significant if true, can't find any websites reporting that stat.

I was looking for the same stat, can't seem to find it either but it would be quite a handy one to reference. Umpires tend to level up the frees late in games when the contest is over & distort the true influence they have had.

Yep, had a look on the Afl replay site at the Buddy headlock and 50....absolute load of bullshit....

Roo wanted Buddy red-carded immediately and Dermie wanted to show Huddo exactly what damage a headlock can really do....

Don't believe it will be cited at MRP at all (and so it shouldnt be)

Well said, market.

And the "supporters" here calling for Buddy to be suspended should go suck on a lemon ...

Probably will be ok for a very simple reason.

It wasn't a reportable incident.

And why 50m was paid escapes me as well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Crows vs Hawks - Tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back