Norm Smith Medallist
Richmond Tigers - 2013 Player Sponsor Minecraft
Mar 2, 2009
East of Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Desire
Plenty of pre-season banter about these two newly appointed coaches. There was the suggestion that North shunned DH for Scott, etc. Both groups of fans were eager to suggest that their club chose the right man to build a successful team.

So plenty of bagging rights in this week's game, more so from the spectator's point of view. But I wouldn't be surprised if the two coach's have a little voice in the back of their minds urging them to go that little bit harder this week.

I fully expect the Kangas to come out and literally hit us hard this week. Expect some hard hits and plenty of strong tackles early on I reckon. Hopefully we are prepared for it.

Should be a tough encounter.

yep i think we will win but it should be a great game with two young improving teams battling it out

personaly im loving hardwick but ive been impressed with scott, i think both clubs would be pretty happy with their new coaches so far

I dont think its right to compare the two... they both have been exceptional as junior coaches. I have been just as impressed by Scott as l have seen in Damien Hardwick.

I'm pleased for North to be honest and l think they will enjoy the encounter of going head-to-head, not because of the past, but more for their own personal development.

I like them both.

:thumbsu:

You have to admire North. Since Carey left, every year they have been picked for a bottom-2 spot and every year they wind up challenging for or making the finals. Add to the fact they've got no money and generally get the less 'Glamorous' coaches, they are an exceptional football club.

I’m impressed with Scott. When you look at their season the wins and losses have been a bit more spread but for a young side they are developing well. I don’t think he has been given enough credit to be honest. Unfortunately for them they lost Ziebell which for us would be like a Martin or Cotchin going down and they haven’t had Petrie fit all year. I look forward to two young teams going at it this week.

I’m impressed with Scott. When you look at their season the wins and losses have been a bit more spread but for a young side they are developing well. I don’t think he has been given enough credit to be honest. Unfortunately for them they lost Ziebell which for us would be like a Martin or Cotchin going down and they haven’t had Petrie fit all year. I look forward to two young teams going at it this week.

Total BS dude, the roos would part their cheeks for for one of Cotch or Martin in a trade for Ziebell. Our 2 are light years ahead in being relevant and swinging games our way. ;)

Very overrated side in my book. Take out boomer harvey and they are toast. Tipping Kingy or titch, but more likely kingy, will be on a mission this week. ;)

I tipped the Kanga's to finish 9th this year but I do agree along the lines of this comment. IMO the Roos still rely on their senior players a lot more than what we do.

From a North perspective I am as happy as a pig in *** that we got Scott on board. The club were sold after his initial presentation and he has come in and has been a breath of fresh air. I wouldn't swap him for anyone.
Saying that, by Christ, Hardwick has been wonderful for your club. Talk about getting the boys to play for the jumper. Simply outstanding.

One thing is for sure, both coaches have a clarity of vision and a determination to do things the way they want to do them. I don't care what anyone else says, but our two clubs got the perfect coaches for the situations that they find themselves in and I am sure we wouldn't swap them for any coach in the comp.

Looking forward to the weekend. Enjoy the game folks.

I have nothing but respect for North as a club. No priority picks, no money, no facilities until recently, not enough support, and year after year they've delivered.

To the topic though: I strongly got the impression that Brayshaw was paranoid about Hardwick knocking them back for Richmond, as Buckley did for Collingwood. I think he was so desperate that North not be seen as a twice-dumped bride that he skipped over giving Hardwick a full and true assessment in favor of grabbing Scott.

Scott may well have been the best candidate for them, and may be proven a better coach than Hardwick. I don't think you can judge for at least two years, longer if both are competent. In the first year it's especially meaningless, because neither are going to win the flag. But I think Hardwick has been a revelation at Richmond and I don't think he was given a fair shot at North.

From a North perspective I am as happy as a pig in *** that we got Scott on board. The club were sold after his initial presentation and he has come in and has been a breath of fresh air. I wouldn't swap him for anyone.
Saying that, by Christ, Hardwick has been wonderful for your club. Talk about getting the boys to play for the jumper. Simply outstanding.

One thing is for sure, both coaches have a clarity of vision and a determination to do things the way they want to do them.I don't care what anyone else says, but our two clubs got the perfect coaches for the situations that they find themselves in and I am sure we wouldn't swap them for any coach in the comp.

Looking forward to the weekend. Enjoy the game folks.

Earth to B Tron, one things for sure, no one cares about the roos dude.
Both coaches have a clarity but one has a clear picture on the future and the other sees stands that are empty week in week out.
Talk about a lost cause, there are suburban league teams that would pull a bigger crowd FFS. Its embarrasing to the comp and the AFL know that all to well. Stay tuned, the AFL wanted to help preserve a bit of your club, and they knocked it back. Give you say 3 - 5 years max before you cease to exist. Hey i know, think about it this way, if say your team had started the year 0-6 on 46%, i would be tipping the AFL would re-schedule your games to a paddock somewhere in the outer burbs on a wednesday arvo to cut running costs. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did someone steal your lunch money today little fella?

sorry did i hurt your feelings with reality? I will repeat it just for you, no one cares about your team dude. Their sell factor is bordering on 0 even when you are in the mix for a finals possie. The laugh was that your mob was spitting chips having R22 scheduled at the G on a sunday arvo. They wanted better...like WTF what better FFS? Waste of space that should be relegated to the SANFL so they can be the number 1 crowd puller. ;)

Oh well, we can't all be rational, normal human beings. Enjoy the game Cogga.

Oh well, we can't all be rational, normal human beings. Enjoy the game Cogga.

Enjoy life after the roos dude. Hey btw how did the hard sell on "the founders of friday night footy", go down? You gotta luv try hards dont you? You even wanted to seem like "trail blazers" with Good Friday footy, then came out and pulled 3 and a dog a day later to the game..give you the tip, Good Friday footy might happen, but i can guarantee ya, if the AFL bend to it, there is no way known your mob will get a gig. The only way it might happen is that the AFL would want to prove the experiment wrong and what better way than to have the roos vs eagles at the G, which will make a pura cup cricket match look good. ;)

Both coaches have a clarity but one has a clear picture on the future and the other sees stands that are empty week in week out.
Talk about a lost cause, there are suburban league teams that would pull a bigger crowd FFS. Its embarrasing to the comp and the AFL know that all to well. Stay tuned, the AFL wanted to help preserve a bit of your club, and they knocked it back. Give you say 3 - 5 years max before you cease to exist. Hey i know, think about it this way, if say your team had started the year 0-6 on 46%, i would be tipping the AFL would re-schedule your games to a paddock somewhere in the outer burbs on a wednesday arvo to cut running costs. ;)

^^ This.

sorry did i hurt your feelings with reality? I will repeat it just for you, no one cares about your team dude. Their sell factor is bordering on 0 even when you are in the mix for a finals possie. The laugh was that your mob was spitting chips having R22 scheduled at the G on a sunday arvo. They wanted better...like WTF what better FFS? Waste of space that should be relegated to the SANFL so they can be the number 1 crowd puller. ;)

Enjoy life after the roos dude. Hey btw how did the hard sell on "the founders of friday night footy", go down? You gotta luv try hards dont you? You even wanted to seem like "trail blazers" with Good Friday footy, then came out and pulled 3 and a dog a day later to the game..give you the tip, Good Friday footy might happen, but i can guarantee ya, if the AFL bend to it, there is no way known your mob will get a gig. The only way it might happen is that the AFL would want to prove the experiment wrong and what better way than to have the roos vs eagles at the G, which will make a pura cup cricket match look good. ;)

Some of your best work...had a good laugh...:D...:thumbsu:

ey kunnt eyes listen up! you hit the nail on the head. kangas vs eagles at the G. it just so happens that we get low attendences koz just about all of our home games are against NVT u stupid ****! how the the **** are u supposed to rake in 30000 ppl

I've always respected north cos they know they don't have the fan base or the facilities or even hold much interest to other supporters where as clubs like us, collingwood, Carlton ect. Have dominated the headlines and that.

But recently I've noticed this massive chip on their shoulder, whether it be kids not being recognized or the draw not giving them the chance to get big crowds. I'm starting to despise them for all the bitching and moaning. Harden up and deal with it. No one cares outside of James Brayshaw.

And the whole Brad Scott choice reeked of a desperation we had when we appointed TW.

I liked Scott initially.

Now I am just sick and tired of hearing his view on anything and everything footy related. He's obviously been told by Brayshaw to make himself completely available to the media so when no one else has the time or inclination, the journos can grab a soundbite from Scott.

Enough already.

I liked Scott initially.

Now I am just sick and tired of hearing his view on anything and everything footy related. He's obviously been told by Brayshaw to make himself completely available to the media so when no one else has the time or inclination, the journos can grab a soundbite from Scott.

Enough already.

Youll just love the following program as he has a permanent gig

AFL Insider

I've always respected north cos they know they don't have the fan base or the facilities or even hold much interest to other supporters where as clubs like us, collingwood, Carlton ect. Have dominated the headlines and that.

But recently I've noticed this massive chip on their shoulder, whether it be kids not being recognized or the draw not giving them the chance to get big crowds. I'm starting to despise them for all the bitching and moaning. Harden up and deal with it. No one cares outside of James Brayshaw.

And the whole Brad Scott choice reeked of a desperation we had when we appointed TW.

Well, when they are constantly being trolled by morons like Cogga, I don't blame them.

Both clubs be very happy so far with their choices I would say. North are up and about and pushing for finals, the extra bit of age they have with still having some decent older dudes like Harvey, Wells, Petrie(when playing), Rawlings etc. probably gives them an advantage over us currently but as any young side we have that flare about us when up and about... should be a good game. On field at least both clubs seem to have a bright future.

Remove this Banner Ad

D. Hardwick vs B. Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back