Apr 27, 2009
Gooberville
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons, Storm, Rebels
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86406/default.aspx

First eight matches at the MCG.

15 home matches for the season, 14 at the MCG & 1 'home' match at TIO.

11 on Sunday.

Queen's Birthday Round 12.

Round-9 against Port Adelaide up in Darwin.

Of 2009's top-eight, we play Collingwood, Adelaide & Brisbane Lions twice.

Two matches at AAMI (Round's 13 & 21), Subiaco (Round 16) & the Gabba (Round 18)

boom, thats a win!

First eight at the G, Great for Scully and Trengove to become a custom to the ground and show off there skills.

I'm pumped!!:thumbsu:

11 on Sunday is a fair improvement, still too many for my own purposes, but better than previous years in any case.

Nice to start with so many games not only in Melbourne but at the MCG also, could well provide a solid platform for the remainder of the season.

1 Friday night @ MCG
---------------------------------
4 Saturday afternoon @ MCG
1 Saturday afternoon @ ETIHAD
1 Saturday afternoon @ SKILLED
1 Saturday night @ MCG
1 Saturday night @ DARWIN
1 Saturday night @ GABBA
6 Sunday afternoon @ MCG
1 Sunday afternoon @ ETIHAD
2 Sunday afternoon @ AAMI
1 Sunday afternoon @ SUBIACO
1 Monday afternoon @ MCG
1 Unknown @ MCG (Round 22)

I think it's only 1 Friday night game. Round 22 hasn't been scheduled yet. Anyway, a pretty good draw considering our performance the last 3 years.

How did the Bummers only get 3 interstate trips? **** me.

Much better draw than the last few years, although I am worried about starting badly, considering our first few opponents are:

Hawks, Pies, Crows, Tigers, Lions, North, Dogs.

We could easily be 1-6 after seven games if we split the Tigers-North matches.

Much better draw than the last few years, although I am worried about starting badly, considering our first few opponents are:

big call for a team thats won the spoon for the last 2 years. Don't think so.

Very happy with that draw. Hopefully we can get 3-4 wins on the board in the first 8 and set us up for a decent year. No consecutive interstate games and no home games at Docklands. I like playing Geelong in Geelong because it's always a good fun day down there (yes, I actually said that) and we'd lose to them at the MCG anyway.

Two games in AAMI isn't great but only one in Perth at least.

We are currently scheduled to play North Melbourne at 12.00 am Friday...which is really midnight Thursday night. Interesting :p

Quote from the Hun:

On face value, wooden spooner Melbourne is the only club with a more favourable draw than the top three. At least the league is doing its bit for the Dees with a nice luttel [sic] kickalong.

Seven of their first eight games are at the MCG and they play only three of the 2009 finalists - Collingwood, Adelaide and Brisbane - twice.

There’s no excuses at Demonland now.

Interesting.

Bring on 2010!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget that we have the Eagles after the Dogs which SHOULD be a win. We'd have a good chance against the Lions and possibly even against the Crows. We SHOULD beat Richmond. We have rarely played well against North recently though and playing at the Dome doesn't help.

Looking at that draw, which is much more favourable than in previous year, what do people think is a reasonable amount of wins in 2010?

I personally think 7-9 wins would be a benchmark return at this stage of our development and our shocking record over the past 3 years.

Things that peeve me about this fixture......

*1 Friday night game
*First five games on Fox
*No Free to Air Saturday Night Games.

Other then that a very good fixuture......Only play Geelong and St.Kilda once. :thumbsu:

Scwabby and co. keep making headway for us. Get the MFC and MCC re-aligned in 2009 and then get another MCG game for the MFC supporting MCC memebers in 2010. Great work.

Hi guys and girls.

I've updated my fixture builder with the 2010 dates.

It builds CSV, iCal and PDF fixtures to import into Outlook/Thunderbird/Google Calendar/etc. Obviously the PDF is for printing!

You can customise your calendars, set reminders, categories, etc.

I have also built iCal (ics) calendars you can subscribe to, which will be updated with scores etc. once the season has started.

To create a customised calendar, go to: http://www.thismonkey.com/cgi-bin/football-fixture.pl?start=2010&end=2010&type=ha&code=afl

and to subscribe to 2010 calendars, go to: http://offsite.thismonkey.com/fixtures/afl/calendars/aus/2010/index.html

Please leave feedback if you like it, hate it, or think it needs improvement.

(You can find other football codes at http://www.thismonkey.com)

Thanks,
Go Pies,
Scott

Should set up our finals this run at the G. :thumbsu:

You're not wrong there... and 2 games against Richmond again in 2010, 2 games against North, home games against Adelaide, WCE, Brisbane, Port and Sydney - this gives us a good chance to scrape into the 8 I'd say!

11 on Sunday is a fair improvement, still too many for my own purposes, but better than previous years in any case.

Nice to start with so many games not only in Melbourne but at the MCG also, could well provide a solid platform for the remainder of the season.

Seeming like only half of our MCG games this year are on Sunday, and none of those horrible twilight matches either... definitely a big step forward, this schedule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees Kick Off 2010 With Eight At The 'G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back