Review Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo posters: please refrain from coming into this thread to troll/bait about the score review from last night.

Final warning – infractions will be handed out if this continues.

So Brisbane winning, Gold Coast losing, us losing and Freo winning by 100.

Could not have been a worse day of results

Whats frustrating with the ARC system is once they call soft signal as touched it never gets overturned because the cameras are ******* terrible.
Part of me thinks the ARC probably shouldn't have overturned it because you can't really tell. But the ****wit goal umpire has guessed. There's no reason to not call that a goal and overturn it if it's clearly touched. You shouldnt have to prove it hasn't touched someone you should have to prove it's clearly been touched.

A slightly fingernail has never been called in history and shouldn't be on a hunch

good- we nearly won and we played like complete shit.
bad- Jordon, Grundy, Viney, Sparrow, Salem, etc- just too many really poor players making too many mistakes.
ugly- JVR getting his legs taken out was bad enough, but that ****ing shit for brains goal umpire takes the cake.

It literally is on the bloke who selects the team. If playing an extra ruck disrupts max and there's clear evidence of it then its on the coach.

You trying to make this a weird personal thing sums up how little you've got to back your own judgement
This ain't personal, it's exactly what you do all the time. Have a shot at them man whilst making a point. I make a light hearted comment re the umpires and you have a sook. If anyone should be able to take a light shot over the bow it's you. Also, please explain the 'weird personal thing' as it's not something I've ever done.

If Max is as good as we all think he is, he can overcome it.

Whats frustrating with the ARC system is once they call soft signal as touched it never gets overturned because the cameras are ******* terrible.

I agree the angles looked awful. What actually do they need to overturn the soft call. Because I saw nothing that was conclusive or 50/50 about a touch myself.

That Max is one of the most impactful players in the comp as a No.1 ruck, and that neither he or Grundy are even half decent as forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Look at me, I've brought you and TK together!

Season 4 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

This ain't personal, it's exactly what you do all the time. Have a shot at them man whilst making a point. I make a light hearted comment re the umpires and you have a sook. If anyone should be able to take a light shot over the bow it's you. Also, please explain the 'weird personal thing' as it's not something I've ever done.

If Max is as good as we all think he is, he can overcome it.
This alot of rambling for no real point. Grundy makes Gawn a shitter player. Lots of evidence.

We still picked him anyway. Went from AA form to rubbish.

That's pretty simple

Part of me thinks the ARC probably shouldn't have overturned it because you can't really tell. But the ******* goal umpire has guessed. There's no reason to not call that a goal and overturn it if it's clearly touched. You shouldnt have to prove it hasn't touched someone you should have to prove it's clearly been touched.

A slightly fingernail has never been called in history and shouldn't be on a hunch
Exactly. It’s like the opposite of innocentbuntil proven guilty… if you don’t ducking know, call the goal and let it be overruled by the technology… don’t decide the game on a ****ing guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This alot of rambling for no real point.
Typical response from you, play the man, not respond in kind. Is it some kind of personal thing? ;)

Maybe we can throw down on the MMA board.

Would have been nice to pinch that to make up for the gws game oh well. First quarter was terrible, completely smashed in and around the ball. Oliver was really rusty but came good in the end amongst the rest of the midfield. Backline did well considering the amount of ball coming in. Was a bit surprised how well Carlton played, I know they are in form but thought they were much cleaner for most the night. Goal review was annoying umpire calls it a goal and we win. Also start of the last quarter crucial jusr can't give away 2 goals in a minute in such a tight game. No the end of the world but a disappointing loss.

JJ needs to go. Not sure what to think about Grundy, does gawn really need to ruck solo to work into the game? Petty out really hurts also can't wait until fritsch is back.

Fugly
The Biast state of commentating that actively barrack for any other team than us.
It's so blatantly obvious.
They Don't even try to hide it

Daisy calling the Tackle that was obviously a sling on the wing not dangerous.
Then two seconds later saying its a tripping free for JVR. ... I need some meditation after what just happen.

Well have a go at explaining anything we did that made us the better side
sure match results can be found here: AFL Stats

I don't think either team really dominated a stat in a massive way over the other except maybe hit outs.

Carlton dominated Melbourne for long periods BUT so did Melbourne dominate Carlton as well. Melbourne stood up to that domination (as did Carlton when they had too).

I just feel that Melbourne are going to make mistakes (Salem should have passed the ball off to Pickett at the end for example) and perhaps they are judged too harshly. That said Grundy offers nothing to this team AND he is more of a negative because shouldering the key forward position falls to JVR which is unfair.

If Goodwin could stop giving the the players Stilnox at the three quarter time break, that’d be great.

Clarry was trash. Needed to come back via the two’s.

Grundy. Seems like a really likeable bloke but **** me he’s offering nothing.

JJ can get ****ed. And when he gets there he can go and get ****ed a bit more. Absolute shit player. His OOTF reminded of that turn over coach killer Cale Morton did I think on Queen’s Birthday. Could see Neeld dying on the inside.

Selection. I’d still like to see Tommo back in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fugly
The Biast state of commentating that actively barrack for any other team than us.
It's so blatantly obvious.
They Don't even try to hide it

Daisy calling the Tackle that was obviously a sling on the wing not dangerous.
Then two seconds later saying its a tripping free for JVR. ... I need some meditation after what just happen.
Commentating was awful all night. Clearly barracking for the Blues.

Potential silver linings:

1. Had we won there was a decent chance on ladder predictor we’d finish 3rd and have to travel to Port or Gabba week 1. Now, it’s 4th or bust which is kind of more preferable.

2. We will never see Grundy in red & blue again, nor likely James Jordon.

3. Clarry will be better for the run.

4. Kick up the backside we needed after media hyping us as flag favourites.

5. Winning streak over Carlton ends during h/a instead of in a final.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back