Review Dees v Brad's Bummers: the Good, Bady * Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh boy...
Quite a few guys on this board did the exact same thing after the Geelong win earlier in the year, good to see there is none of that shit tonight from anyone

Quite a few guys on this board did the exact same thing after the Geelong win earlier in the year, good to see there is none of that shit tonight from anyone
Think most on here have (eventually) reached the conclusion that we're not legitimate contenders (or even particularly close) and are just trying to enjoy the season for what it is now – the emergence of some young guys, positional swaps and maybe a surprise win or two on the run home.

Honestly, it's a whole lot more fun without expectations and the same drudgery we've come to expect out of the middle and off half-back.

Are we good to watch yet? No, not really. But at least we're seeing the next gen take over more and some players with a bit of flair (Rivers, Windsor, Kolt, Koz, McVee, JVR etc).

90% of this game was us winning it at HB, Bombing it to the center of the ground, Essendon winning it, bombing it back and us winning it, then every so often one of our bombs would get out the back and we'd goal, where as the times Essendon would get it they missed easy chances.

Think most on here have (eventually) reached the conclusion that we're not legitimate contenders (or even particularly close) and are just trying to enjoy the season for what it is now – the emergence of some young guys, positional swaps and maybe a surprise win or two on the run home.

Honestly, it's a whole lot more fun without expectations and the same drudgery we've come to expect out of the middle and off half-back.

Are we good to watch yet? No, not really. But at least we're seeing the next gen take over more and some players with a bit of flair (Rivers, Windsor, Kolt, Koz, McVee, JVR etc).
I was absolutely frothing when they put Rivers and Kozzie in the middle. That's something that I want to see more of for many years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who has he locked down? Every time I look up hes getting beaten in the air or panicking badly. Not sure he frees up McVee to do anything, McVee takes the best forward most weeks and flogs them while getting plenty of the ball himself. Did it again to Stringer tonight.
McVee is doing the take over of talls when they go high like Rivers used to. Bowey has been manning up the small forwards instead of McVee. Essentially all the blokes coming through have been promoted through and Bowey is left doing the negating job. Haven't seen anyone get a hold of him yet. Tonight I guess there weren't any smalls, ****ed if I know.

Was more referring to people calling Goody a genius for "out coaching" the other Scott when it was just the same old shit we've seen and continue to see. Im glad to see some different players getting a chance, but what took you so long and is it only because of injury? Will we just go back to the same old Oliver, Trac and Viney dominating CBA's next year when everyone is fit? Id like to believe we wont but I remain highly skeptical, Goody is a very slow learner.

Was more referring to people calling Goody a genius for "out coaching" the other Scott when it was just the same old shit we've seen and continue to see. Im glad to see some different players getting a chance, but what took you so long and is it only because of injury? Will we just go back to the same old Oliver, Trac and Viney dominating CBA's next year when everyone is fit? Id like to believe we wont but I remain highly skeptical, Goody is a very slow learner.
Oh I totally agree, and I'm not giving Goodwin credit for the youth movement and positional changes at all, as he's only done it primarily out of necessity.

If he goes back to the well with a midfield rotation of Viney, Trac, Oliver and Sparrow, he's even more idiotically stubborn than I give him credit for. I'm just glad that the young guys are starting to (hopefully) force his hand a bit.

Who has he locked down? Every time I look up hes getting beaten in the air or panicking badly. Not sure he frees up McVee to do anything, McVee takes the best forward most weeks and flogs them while getting plenty of the ball himself. Did it again to Stringer tonight.
Yeah what the hell is that about lol Boweys not even best 22 for mine. McVees a star, Boweys a neat kicking player who does what else? Id rather Howes or Moniz Wakefield

Yeah what the hell is that about lol Boweys not even best 22 for mine. McVees a star, Boweys a neat kicking player who does what else? Id rather Howes or Moniz Wakefield
Yeah, id rather Howes over Bowey too.

100% because of injury. It would have been Oliver Trac Brayshaw and Viney all year again if things hadn't happened.

Also man we better go out and get another ruck! How could we possibly win a game without someone as good as Max.

I'd be happy to see if Howes can play on crumbing forwards and move Bowey elsewhere (Sparrow's?)
Why the need to constantly throw defenders forward, how about McAdam who's actually a decent and dangerous AFL forward than trying to crowbar Bowey into the team for God knows what reason

Liked amw today. Last two weeks have been really fun actually.

Why the need to constantly throw defenders forward, how about McAdam who's actually a decent and dangerous AFL forward than trying to crowbar Bowey into the team for God knows what reason
Happy to see McAdam have another go if he's legs are no longer completely shot. I want Sparrow out of the team, don't overly care what happens to Bowey.

Could Essendon have put in a more Melbourne like performance than that?

• played terrible in the wet
  • missed easy set shots
  • dominated the ruck but lost clearances
  • won inside 50's but lost on the scoreboard
  • waited until game was over to wall paper over a few cracks
And were constantly getting easy goals kicked out the back. So true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Brad's Bummers: the Good, Bady * Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back