Review Dees v Swans: the Good, Bad & Fugly with a plea to Pickett to return

Remove this Banner Ad

Before reviewing anything, just watching Goody's presser and first thing out of his mouth was "that was fun" ...it most certainly was. Today was what footy should be. Being concerned about keeping the opposition score down and playing veterans for the sake of it isn't what footy is about and won't bring the fans to the game. The excitement around JVR's debut , having Jones down in the rooms pre match presenting the jumper was obvious. Much like in round 1 with Chandler and McVee playing, new blood gets everyone up and about, the excitement is infectious, footy is supposed to be fun. The more goals you kick the more fun you have and vice versa. Loved the day at the G, loved it.

Chandler comes across as an arrogant campaigner. Love him.
Pretty much all of our short guys appear to be massive w***ers. Love it.

Before reviewing anything, just watching Goody's presser and first thing out of his mouth was "that was fun" ...it most certainly was. Today was what footy would should be. Being concerned about keeping the opposition score down and playing veterans for the sake of it isn't what footy is about and won't bring the fans to the game. The excitement around JVR's debut , having Jones down in the rooms pre match presenting the jumper was obvious. Much like in round 1 with Chandler and McVee playing, new blood gets everyone up and about, the excitement is infectious, footy is supposed to be fun. The more goals you kick the more fun you have and vice versa. Loved the day at the G, loved it.
Welease...Kyah Farris-White!

MontyPythonsLifeOfBrian-lYh1y64v.jpg

Petty's not a forward. Hoping that's a one week experiment that gets scrapped.

Wat?

Have you watched him the previous two weeks in defense? He was great today without being spectacular, played the role of someone that we have been crying out for from a KPF for years.

****ing glad Brown got dragged after flubbing an open goal off a JVR split pack and then being an absolute ****ing wimp at the end of the second when all he had to do was put any contact into the back of the defender off Viney's kick and he would have had a mark. campaigner is ****ing useless outside of open lead ups.

Before reviewing anything, just watching Goody's presser and first thing out of his mouth was "that was fun" ...it most certainly was. Today was what footy should be. Being concerned about keeping the opposition score down and playing veterans for the sake of it isn't what footy is about and won't bring the fans to the game. The excitement around JVR's debut , having Jones down in the rooms pre match presenting the jumper was obvious. Much like in round 1 with Chandler and McVee playing, new blood gets everyone up and about, the excitement is infectious, footy is supposed to be fun. The more goals you kick the more fun you have and vice versa. Loved the day at the G, loved it.

I loved it when Goody said that to open his presser too!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wat?

Have you watched him the previous two weeks in defense? He was great today without being spectacular, played the role of someone that we have been crying out for from a KPF for years.

I've watched him the last several years as a key back and he's been outstanding. He had a few sub par weeks without one of the leaders of the line back there, hardly anything to be too concerned about. As for his forward work, it was a very McDonaldesque game from him. I'd rather stick with Tom forward and Harry down back where he's shown he can be very effective.

Screenshot_20230402_204449_AFL.jpg

The Office Lol GIF

Love seeing my boy Kade perform like I've always thought he could and prove the naysayers who wrote him off wrong. Brings a genuine smile to my face. Great to see him looking a best 22 lock after banging down the door for a couple of years in the VFL. He works so hard on the field. Real gut runner that you only see #ATG...Love it when a no name battler becomes a something and acts like he's always been something. More cocky goal celebrations please Chin. Bow at the crowd or stick the chest out ANB style. Give the fans what they want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched him the last several years as a key back and he's been outstanding. He had a few sub par weeks without one of the leaders of the line back there, hardly anything to be too concerned about. As for his forward work, it was a very McDonaldesque game from him. I'd rather stick with Tom forward and Harry down back where he's shown he can be very effective.

I can't explain how wrong you are comparing that performance today to TMac. Night and day.

TMac is a genuine disgrace in the contest, has been for a year and a bit now honestly, might even be worse than Ben Brown nowadays. His ruck performance last week when called upon was one of the most shameful displays I've ever seen, absolutely weak as piss, made me pine for Weid.

Petty lead, demanded the ball and brought it to ground when he couldn't, competed. The anti TMac. TMac has zero presence. Petty has more than enough to get by.

Petty had an average Cam Pederson game. Tried hard, didn't get physically outplayed. Way more physicality than our standard tall forward effort.

grundy was ******* beyond woeful for the first quarter and a half, like, 0 out of 10 bad.
came good in the second half - hopefully something has clicked!
Hopefully a long run against an awful ruck outfit will get him rolling.

The Good:-
The Physicality that Petty and Van Rooyen brought to the forward line.
It seemed, I could be deluded, that the plan was to gradually introduce Oliver into the Centre bounce more and more as the game wore on. Seemed like they really tried to mix it up a lot. I felt it worked.
Oliver later in the game did some amazing things I thought.
McVee, Van Rooyen and Chandler (kind of) great development there in a team that has been hyped to compete for a grand final this year to uncover three more players. That has got to be extremely rare.
Hibberd was excellent. Such a fantastic kick and he showed that in spades today.
I just love how Fritsch plays, just quietly snags a few EVERY game.

The Bad:-
Viney is a bit of a clunker machine. He was pretty much the worst player for Melbourne today. They need to find a better way to utilise him.
Petracca had a very up and down game. That first quarter was his worst that I can remember in the last few years.

The Ugly:-
Someone has to go out for Pickett. Bowey and Jordan did fine I felt. But I feel it will be between those two. I thought it was a great team performance overall.

Otherwise....
The wingers got used more, I felt, with much better results.
I think the Role players stepped up and crucial times. ANB, Sparrow, Jordan. And that is the key to this team winning the GF.
I like the idea of Brown for nearly three quarters then bring on Melksham.
Grundy did well enough and Melbourne should be fine until Gawn comes back.

This was a tremendous win this early in the season and without playing at an amazing footy. So that sets them up well for ramping up after the bye.

Not one mention of 'method', instead 'brave' and 'creative'.

What's happened to RoboGoody3000??

grundy was ******* beyond woeful for the first quarter and a half, like, 0 out of 10 bad.
came good in the second half - hopefully something has clicked!

Harsh. Thought he was awesome considering the expectations I had going into the day, was genuinely concerned after last week where he looked unfit, he made a massive impact for us in the second half. . Great signs.

Harsh. Thought he was awesome considering the expectations I had going into the day, was genuinely concerned after last week where he looked unfit, he made a massive impact for us in the second half. . Great signs.
second half for sure. first half, i thought he was a plant trying to help the other team. cant deny the second half, i think he got into the role

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Swans: the Good, Bad & Fugly with a plea to Pickett to return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back