Preview Do or Die vs Dons pre match discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hooker - as above is really struggling - if he goes to Tarrent or Hanson they should be the 2nd option after Drew and expose his lack of pace and streghth - real win here. Fletcher will go to the other and will need to be kept as far away from Petrie as possible.

Good write up.

Hooker is pretty strong and it's not like Tarrant or Hansen are beasts. The best method of beating him is with smart back leads because Hooker lacks a fair bit in defensive nous. See the Adelaide game where he thought the ball was going through the goals and it ended up falling short by 10 meters allowing his man to mark uncontested.

Last week was physically and mentally draining for the Bombers. They have several underdone and injured players. If the game is even at 3qtr time then I expect us to run away with it. We haven't been super impressive the past 3 weeks, been basically 'get the job done' type wins. Can't afford to be like this on sunday. Need to play 4 top quality qtrs not patches here and there. Essendon are the type of side that when on a roll can cause damage and blow a game right out.

After the crap 1st half of the season we had I'm glad we find ourselves in a position where I can be full of nerves and tension over a game. It's not so much beating Essendon, it's the ramifications of a win/loss. Don't give a shit who we played this week, it's simply about the 4 points.

The Essendon board is a joke.

If for no other reason other than causing a meltdown of Krakatoa proportions on the Essendon Board, I'd love for NM to destroy the bombers.

He is Essendon mate - knows more about every player in every team than everyone else. Why post on their board. Biggest bunch of sooks - every loss is because of poor umpiring - their game day boards are gold when they are losing. Track the Crows one down - great read.

Nah, Saints one was better.

I also agree TT.

Which is why IMO its very important to continue giving opportunities to those who deserve them, which ensures spots are earned each week and keeps pressure on all players to perform.

It could be argued however that Mullett didn't deserve his opportunity. He had only been in the bests once in the last month while Richo had been in the bests 3 out of the last 4. Also Scott came out mid way through this year saying he made the mistake of playing players who werent physically ready, and he was referring to Mullett and McKenzie when he said it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be argued however that Mullett didn't deserve his opportunity. He had only been in the bests once in the last month while Richo had been in the bests 3 out of the last 4. Also Scott came out mid way through this year saying he made the mistake of playing players who werent physically ready, and he was referring to Mullett and McKenzie when he said it.

McKenzie definitely. Probably Black as well. I think Mullett's OK.

The Nuff-nuffs are starting to make their way over from the Essendon board.

Maybe we should start our own thread "North Only Posters" and red card anyone that enters - actuallty that sounds really soft and should be kept on the limp wristed Bomber board. They are a brave bunch out at Bomberland.

Total melt down. Biggest pack of sook supporters - when they lose it is always the umpires. Their game day thread V the Crows is gold.

It would likely not look to disimilar to ours then when we lose

The Essendon board is a joke.

If for no other reason other than causing a meltdown of Krakatoa proportions on the Essendon Board, I'd love for NM to destroy the bombers.
You do realise we had almost 3 pages in a row of posts from North supporters on our preview thread. It was getting tiresome especially when all you guys were doing was taking pot shots at our team.

mufassa I think Hooker will play on Petrie like round 1 and beat him again. He matches up pretty well and will get a lot of help from Fletcher if he plays.

The lack of respect you give Watson is laughable. If you give him space to kick he will hurt you more than with his hands. Just because he shanks a few every now and again doesn't make him a bad kick. He is a very good decision maker by foot and by hand.

I think it will be a good game. I wish I could say it means a lot to beat North Melbourne but to be honest I don't really care. All I care about is that it is 7th vs 8th and whoever wins this goes into the box seat to make finals.

Good luck guys.

You do realise we had almost 3 pages in a row of posts from North supporters on our preview thread. It was getting tiresome especially when all you guys were doing was taking pot shots at our team.

mufassa I think Hooker will play on Petrie like round 1 and beat him again. He matches up pretty well and will get a lot of help from Fletcher if he plays.

The lack of respect you give Watson is laughable. If you give him space to kick he will hurt you more than with his hands. Just because he shanks a few every now and again doesn't make him a bad kick. He is a very good decision maker by foot and by hand.

I think it will be a good game. I wish I could say it means a lot to beat North Melbourne but to be honest I don't really care. All I care about is that it is 7th vs 8th and whoever wins this goes into the box seat to make finals.

Good luck guys.

You've gotta be kidding me. Most of those pages were Bomber fans acting like they knew more about Daniel Wells than we do.

Lack of respect for Watson? He's one of the only Bombers we do respect!

You've gotta be kidding me. Most of those pages were Bomber fans acting like they knew more about Daniel Wells than we do.

Lack of respect for Watson? He's one of the only Bombers we do respect!
I know most of you respect him. I was directing that at mufassa.

I'm not going to weigh into the Wells debate. Let's just say he is a very good inside/outside player!

Winderlich would have won us this game single handedly by either smashing McMahon for pace or forcing Atley to actually defend.

stephen-a-o.gif

Atley's contained the best small forwards in the comp all year. I think he could've handled Jason Winderlich.

I know most of you respect him. I was directing that at mufassa.

I'm not going to weigh into the Wells debate. Let's just say he is a very good inside/outside player!
I think thats the point most were trying to make.

Wells is not a Swallow/ Ziebell bore in type of mid. But when he is winning the clearances in close North are a much, much better side, and its him playing this role that has seen a resurgence in our team since the early matches where he was setting up more on the outside (quite possibly due to his health issues).

Good luck guys.

Petrie has kicked 23 goals in the last 4 games - he is in very good form and Hooker is really struggling. He will slaughter Hooker if left one out. Would be amazed if Hooker starts on him. On your own board he is been smashed for being terrible over the last 2 months.

As for Watson any kick over 40 metres has a question mark on it - his shot on goal to win the game on Sunday was really poor.

Roos only need to win one of Ess, Freo and Pies to make it. There is a reason why we are $1.25 to make the 8 and Essendon are over $2.

Is there a reason you posted about how much beating the Roos means to you - or were you just being a typical Bomber flog? Maybe run back to the "Essendon Supporters Only" thread - you will be nice and safe in that closet with the rest of the Bummers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Do or Die vs Dons pre match discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back