List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So GWS are the big unknown now. They have a draft hand pretty much equal to ours and Port's. Wonder if they will be more aggressive than us in pushing into the top 6.

Personally I would be stunned if the the top 4 picks werent availble for the right price. Carlton has to trade down surely, and Gold Cost would also be crazy to not look at it, they need to draft for character not for talent alone. Saints would realise that if they go down to 6 they will still get their man also.
Further to this it’s unlikely that Port would trade 2 picks for one now with what they have lost so we become the hot commodity. If we keep our powder dry we will have multiple options by draft time. It just depends whether we are prepared to pay the price required.

"Gold Cost" LOL.

I like your reasoning, except that even though the rest of the world can see that Carlton might be better served by multiple picks near the top, the Blues might not have it in them to give up their "prize".

Still, you've made a sound case for there being 3 clubs open to a deal, and we only need one, so who knows.

I edited my post btw. Its actually 3 players they need to add with late picks. Essentially though, they are giving 2 year contracts to 3 players, whether they are DFAs or not. Do they really have expectations that those players will contribute. Or are they just there because the AFL forces their hand on list numbers/draft picks etc.

Seems a lot of lists spots to essentially not give a shit about. List spots that for example we have used to take a punt on Poholke, Signarello, Himmelberg, McPhearson, and it looks like the gamble on EH has paid off big time. Bullish on McPhearson.
Mcpherson very average

Mcpherson very average
Based off of what? Very highly regarded in his under age year, performed well in U17's All Stars game at Punt Road at the end of that year.
Hardly played in his draft year due to recurring soft tissue issues - hammy and calf. Still elected vice-captain of our SA U18 team last year.
Knowing all that Hamish was still very bullish about his ability, enough to select him with our 2nd pick.
I'm tipping you've rarely seen him play if ever.

Personally I would be stunned if the the top 4 picks werent availble for the right price. Carlton has to trade down surely, and Gold Cost would also be crazy to not look at it, they need to draft for character not for talent alone. Saints would realise that if they go down to 6 they will still get their man also.
Further to this it’s unlikely that Port would trade 2 picks for one now with what they have lost so we become the hot commodity. If we keep our powder dry we will have multiple options by draft time. It just depends whether we are prepared to pay the price required.

GC will only trade up if they want Walsh, other wise they are better of with 2 3 and 6. They won’t trade unless it’s for massive overs. Live trading will always be for over as clubs are desperate

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why have a draft at all then if it isn't important, let's just toss it and go open slather

Or let's have a draft and rationally weight the importance of the number of your selections relative to your ability to identify and develop talent and acknowledge that it's just one variable in a convoluted system leading to ultimate success.

I’m not sure they re that in love with Walsh. I think the realisation that if they stay at 1 they don’t have another pick until about 70 is really starting to hit home. Especially watching all these other big Vic clubs trading in talent.
Well see.

Imagine if they chuck a spanner in the works and Pick Luko with their #1?...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best available players around our picks will probably be midfielders.

You're quick to jump on anything remotely negative. Reid has said nothing of the sort.
Ummm did you hear him today? Specifically asked about mids he quickly announced we will take best available as we always do until the mid draft range when we start considering needs.

Sure there might be mids available but will they be as high in their field position as the defenders and flankers in their field position at our picks?

This is ultimately why we have invested so many high picks in our defense compared to our engine room. Because the best defenders become available around our usual shopping area in the teens

Hill would be a great pick up at 16 or 21 but we seem to avoid WA talent like the plague. Once he puts some meat on his bones he'll be a jet. Very similar to jack martin with even better skills.

And the best out of that lot left us the second a hometown team came knocking. Coincidence?
That's the lad that we kept sending to Elizabeth to play every week?

Not the only kid that has run away from that future as fast as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back