List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Nowhere near the footy IQ

Cunow is more an endurance athlete with brute strength where cripps is a man child with diesel williams like footy IQ

Footballer v athlete
Hmm, don't want an athlete. Need someone with a good footy IQ. Seems to have good leading patterns and a strong mark from his highlights, though?

This might be where the Ed Curnow bad experience at the crows stuff comes from. Nothing suggesting Ed holds a grudge but that might be more to do with his good attitude than the club. I'd hope the club goes out it's way to make every listed player feel a part of the club.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/as-the-crow-flies-20110422-1drjh.html

But does he feel like an ex-Adelaide player? "No . . . not at all," said the 21-year-old, pausing for a moment and then laughing. "I didn't even feel like an Adelaide player when I was there, to be honest. I respect the club, but I never felt like part of the club."

"I never felt like a Crows player at all. I trained there and did my rehab there, but I felt like a Glenelg reserves player trying to get into the seniors. I was this young Victorian kid, I knew they were never going to give me a game lightly"

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/as-the-crow-flies-20110422-1drjh.html#ixzz3sIY4FX7J
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

And that there is why the old SANFL system was a stinker, especially when drafting interstate kids.

Mick Turner [Geelong Falcons] & Phil Partington [Ballarat Rebels] on Sports Day with Terry Wallace and Tony Leonard both agree that this year's Vic Country team is the best ever and expect a record number to be drafted this year....both very, very experienced and great judges of young talent.....Who was saying this is a particularly weak draft, these guys certainly don't think that.
If it's weak it's because WA were rubbish and Vic Metro well below their average. But QLD & NSW were better than normal I guess.

He has told people that?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-23/afl-draft-late-mail-intrigue-surrounds-charlie-curnow

CHARLIE Curnow's arrest just days before the NAB AFL Draft is unlikely to see him tumble down the order on Tuesday night, with Adelaide and Carlton both considering the versatile tall with early picks.

The Blues and Crows are both weighing up their interest in Curnow, who was arrested by police last Friday morning for allegedly refusing a preliminary breath test.

But in what may require another dash of strategy inside a complex top 10 this year, both clubs are also keen on tall forward Harry McKay, a 200cm prospect who excited at stages this season for Gippsland Power and Vic Country.

Carlton holds the key in the vital run of choices given its second pick (No.8) comes before the Crows' No.9, but the Blues then have another pick at No.11.

The succession of selections – Greater Western Sydney's No.10 choice will slide up on draft night to pay for academy prospect Jacob Hopper – adds further intrigue to the draft, one that has proved challenging to predict for clubs due to the multiple picks held by four clubs in the opening 13 selections.

If the Blues take McKay at pick eight, which they are tipped to do, it could leave the Crows making the choice between Curnow and local prospect Wayne Milera, or fellow South Australian Ryan Burton.

It's understood Curnow has made it clear to several non-Victorian clubs throughout the season that he would not like to move interstate.

Curnow could then make it through to the Blues' third choice at No.11, which would likely see them pounce on the younger brother of midfielder Ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milera and Burton would make this a reasonably successful off season. Get a read on how Burton is travelling and take our time developing him

Both the Phantoms (Fox footy and Twomey) less than 2 days before the Draft have us taking Milera and Burton. Better than good chance of at least one of them coming to us now.
Yes BUT .....
Clayton Oliver

(Murray Bushrangers. 187cm. 86kg.)

Big, powerful midfielder who can burst from stoppages.

The rationale: Has been talked up as the bolter. He'll be the first player picked this high despite not playing nationals in some time - after building some excellent form in the second half of the season. He's big, strong and slotted in alongside Viney, Brayshaw and Petracca will give the Dees' midfield even more size and strength. Melbourne couldn't be confident of him getting past Essendon and Gold Coast and making it to pick 7.

The catch: The Dees would have done a lot of work before pursuing Gold Coast's pick 3 in a trade. Would Oliver really have been their man that far out? That's the big question. They were keen on Darcy Parish early doors, and he could easily go here. Aaron Francis and Sam Weideman are also legitimate chances. There was lots of early talk about Charlie Curnow and the Dees organised a late meeting with Wayne Milera in Adelaide on Monday. Could he go here or at pick 7?

Probably to try and suss out whether he really is the flight risk some seem to think

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back