Preview Essendon vs Collingwood, Melbourne Cricket Ground, 13/07/2014

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, there needs to be some sort of sanity imprinted on here.

Have you blokes ever heard of Sean Denham or Shane Heard? Dunnybrush Denham used to grab onto and hold for considerable time Greg Williams' balls whenever we played Carlton in the early 90's. He would punch him in the face if he went near the ball. Williams hated him.
Heard would go to Dipierdomenico (who gives a toss if I spelled that wrong) every time we played the Hawks in the 80's. Heard was so strong it was crazy but bloody hell he basically beat Dipper up each game. A fair effort considering Dipper was a strong unit. As awesome as that was to watch it was damned illegal then and still is today.

The thing is, we hate to see the best players scragged no matter who we barrack for. It's always going to happen, deal with it.

So are we cheating or are the umpires incompetent?

By your logic poor umpiring = team/individual cheating

I'd say most teams cheat every weekend based on the umpiring this year.

Hope we cheat ourselves to a hollow victory on the weekend.

Not mutually exclusive. That's the point.

Players get away with shit they ought not get away with every quarter, every game. And we're just citing Frost and Macaffer as two examples. Other examples are the 40-odd listed Swans players ;)

Na they will need him up forward to take match winning marks like this
To be fair to youngy, he was already celebrating the goal before he even marked the ball. Come on, we have all done it..haha

Watch for the papers writing up stories this week about how bad Collingwood are!
It always happens and has already started today.
Let's pump up Collingwood about losing to the Suns.
I'd be pretty pissed off at RoCo today if I were an Essendon supporter. Such a disappointing article this morning when he should've known better. Collingwood's superficial deficiencies are pretty well known with no need for him to rehash the problems. At least he tried to remedy the situation this afternoon by tipping Collingwood to win. I suggest a couple of you have a quiet word to him regarding his ability to influence the contest and remind him of his allegiance to the red and black.

I asked the question in the Nick O'Brien thread; would he be considered for inclusion for Goddard? How has his VFL form been?
Unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purely on numbers NOB should be a chance ghostdog but upon closer inspection of NOB (which I had never noticed until now) he simply goes to ground far to easily which is one of the biggest no - no's in an AFL player.

Sure, his big work rate allows him to get big numbers but he doesn't impact games anywhere near what he should.

I asked the question in the Nick O'Brien thread; would he be considered for inclusion for Goddard? How has his VFL form been?

O'Brien Pretty average. More likely that there is no direct replacement as there is no like for like. I'd say Kavanagh or Aylett would have better claims as midfielders in any case.

In: Hibberd, Fletcher
Out: Hardingham, Goddard (if accepted..)

Hopefully the only changes are Fletcher for Hardingham and Hibberd for Goddard, leave Licka back and put Pig in BJs role in the guts.

I would have thought it would be obvious to play the midfielder who played HB (Melksham) in the midfield again.

Hibberd is an elite defender and stays there. Licka can play wing. Perhaps he and Chappy can spend some time in the middle making up for BJ being out.

Chappy not moving well enough to play much time in the midfield, Obviously Hibberd is an elite defender but it worked out pretty well with Stanton and Winderlich down there on Saturday night, add Fletcher in this week also. I reckon he could be a real X factor in the midfield this week Hibberd and we are going to need an extra good sized body in there.

I would have thought it would be obvious to play the midfielder who played HB (Melksham) in the midfield again.

I was more thinking of replacing quality with quality though, no doubt Melksham will spend a bit more time in there with BJ out. I just think with our midfield without Goddard and Watson could really do with the extra class of Hibberd and he has been pushing up in there more lately anyway.

Hibberd isn't a midfielder. He looks lost there

I must say I haven't seen that but Bomber did say in one of his after match pressers a couple of weeks ago that they were getting him pushing up into the midfield more.

B: Baguley, Hurley, Fletcher
HB: Hibberd, Hooker, Dempsey
C: Stanton, Myers, Zaharakis
HF: Colyer, Ambrose, Goddard
F: Chapman, Daniher, Carlisle
R: Ryder, Heppell, Hocking
I/C: Z. Merrett, Winderlich, Aylett, Melksham (sub)

In: Hibberd, Fletcher, Aylett
Out: J. Merrett, Hardingham, Howlett (I still can't see BJ getting suspended for that incident)

This is probably my preferred option then. Melksham has played himself into some good form over the last couple of weeks. Noticed Bomber talking to him one-on-one during the Port game. Jake knows what's expected. With Heppell and Zaharakis attracting attention maybe Melksham can get a bit of time and space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back