Preview Essendon vs Collingwood, Melbourne Cricket Ground, 13/07/2014

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And in light of that bump from Franklin that was all of late, high and enough force to knock his opponent tumbling to the ground, spare a thought for Nat Fyfe who could well end up losing a Brownlow for a lesser 'crime' but allowed his mum to accidentally throw his footy jumper in with the blue washing.

And in light of that bump from Franklin that was all of late, high and enough force to knock his opponent tumbling to the ground, spare a thought for Nat Fyfe who could well end up losing a Brownlow for a lesser 'crime' but allowed his mum to accidentally throw his footy jumper in with the blue washing.
To be honest, rewatching the Fyfe on Rischitelli decision... if he got 2 for that then Goddard probably deserves 4.

There are things worse than Goddard's that get overlooked each week - and sometimes the recipient won't even get a free out of it.

If there is no malice and no injury, does it really need to be looked at when a penalty (free kick) was already awarded? The incident/'silly' action has not gone unpunished.

I'm sick of us having to go backs-to-the-wall, but if we lose BJ, we're at it again. I hope we blitzkrieg this Collingwood team. Bring the tackles and they will break. Simple. Shut out Cloke, shut out Pendlebury, no-one else can single-handedly get them over the line, and they're playing poorly as a group.

Might make a BJ/AFL sign for this match..probably won't last long before it has to be surrendered.

Changes prediction update following news of Goddard being suspended and Chappy in the clear

In: Fletcher Hibberd Ashby Dell
Out: Hardingham J.Merrett Goddard Ambrose

Sounds like Belly didn't do enough to warrant a recall and Edwards just needs to piece together 4 quarters in the VFL and will get a gig in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As easily as Cornes went down, wasnt the smartest thing goddard has done considering his importance to the team.
Cornes wasnt even looking at him you can see how the MRP looked at this one.

Will Maxwell return for the pies?

I'm confident that Hooker can shutdown Cloke.

There are things worse than Goddard's that get overlooked each week - and sometimes the recipient won't even get a free out of it.

If there is no malice and no injury, does it really need to be looked at when a penalty (free kick) was already awarded? The incident/'silly' action has not gone unpunished.

I'm sick of us having to go backs-to-the-wall, but if we lose BJ, we're at it again. I hope we blitzkrieg this Collingwood team. Bring the tackles and they will break. Simple. Shut out Cloke, shut out Pendlebury, no-one else can single-handedly get them over the line, and they're playing poorly as a group.

Might make a BJ/AFL sign for this match..probably won't last long before it has to be surrendered.
Just don't show the sign around a telescreen and you'll be fine

Goddard a massive out. Missed against the Pies last time as well.

This will test us. We passed a massive test last week against Port and I'll back us to beat Collingwood. Need to be hungry from the start and pressure them. The tackling was excellent last week and hopefully they can do it again.

Hurley looked dangerous up front. Maybe we can give that a try? I think Zaharakis will step up as a leader in the absence of Goddard and Watson.

This is a HUGE game. I would say a must win for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back