VFL Final VFL Round 21 v Brisbane. Saturday August 17th - 12:05pm @ AIA Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan, Allan, TJ, Smit, Dean and Eyre all look to me like they have something to work with and another preseason will help them immensely.
Ryan: He has the potential to play multiple roles. If this guy makes it, it will go a long way to maintaining the shape of the list, how we start to build.

Positives: Allen has had a stellar last month, obviously needed time to develop and work on his game he’s a big positive going forward.

Dean: killed it with the best game I’ve seen from him as an intercept defender. When Howe retires we have his replacement.

TJ: gets the ball, still a little skinny and wasteful with disposals but will be vg.

Finn: racks up the ball in the VFL don’t be surprised if he asks for a trade.

They looked good against a top VFL side. Big roo needs some muscle to compete with men but he’s young so give him time. Well done, not a great season but improvement as the season went on was great to see.
Allan is not a slow developer. Had issues with his back due to growing pains. Eased back into his natural inside mid role.
Looking way more comfortable there.
His frame is actually decent. Legs look light on but he's a more than adequate runner. He and WHE clock up the most KM,s per game.
He's also superfast to the first 20 metres or so.
Going to be special. Hardly been injured at all as well.

VFL performances. A win we shouldn't have won given the ladder positions (a bit like the senior game lol)

Macrae: 37 disposals, 8 clearances, 3 tackles, 7 inside 50's, 12 score involvements
Allan: 27 disposals, 6 clearances, 9 score involvements
Dean: 26 disposals, 17 marks, 11 intercepts
Richards: 25 disposals, 2 goals, 3 tackles, 2 clearances, 10 inside 50's, 8 score involvements

Sullivan: 23 disposals, 1 goal, 3 tackles
Markov: 20 disposals, 6 marks
TJ: 18 disposals, 10 marks, 4 tackles, 4 intercepts
Ryan: 17 disposals, 5 marks, 6 intercepts
Reef: 17 disposals, 6 tackles , 6 intercepts
Kreuger: 10 disposals, 1 goal, 3 marks, 3 clearances
Smit: 8 disposals, 1 goal, 12 hitouts, 3 tackles, 6 score involvements
Eyre: 7 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 4 intercepts

VFL performances. A win we shouldn't have won given the ladder positions (a bit like the senior game lol)
Our ladder position has been heavily influenced by our injury list, no surprise our VFL team has played better once that reduced and today was one of the stronger sides we’ve named recently. Still great to get the win though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae: 37 disposals, 8 clearances, 3 tackles, 7 inside 50's, 12 score involvements
Richards: 25 disposals, 2 goals, 3 tackles, 2 clearances, 10 inside 50's, 8 score involvements

i wonder how many of those will get a game against the Dees this week
a few of the underperforming seniors can easily make way

personally would bring in Macrae, Reef , Richards and Allan
players to make way for them, Bytel, Lipinski, Long and McStay ( if injured , only cut hand but may need stitches? )

What’s the definition of a “Score Involvement”?

Is it same as an assist in basketball i.e. credited to the player who passed the ball to the scorer?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can Reefer play the Nathan Murphy role going forward?

What’s the definition of a “Score Involvement”?

Is it same as an assist in basketball i.e. credited to the player who passed the ball to the scorer?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's a Goal Assist. Score involvement is part of the chain that led to the score.

JUST PLAY HIM
I seem to remember saying this guy will be gold. I'm also having a change of opinion on Keane. Good depth at worst.
Not convinced on Ryan but hoping he makes me eat my words.

Jiath I'm most excited by for that intercept position.
We also have Eyre. Looking forward to next year.
Just get Petracca over the line.
Guessing Demons need cap relief which we do not.
Bring in McGuane next year and happy days.
War chest money as well.

Well, Macrae, Allan, Dean, should clearly on these performances be delisted since they're total failures, they'll never become anything.

I'd add Richards, Reef, Kruegar, Ryan. Goddamn it, we should just get rid of everyone on the list, burn the centre down, sow salt into the earth, move back to Victoria Park.....

Oh, sorry, been reading too many Bigfooty posters over the year and started to lose perspective.

Carry on.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Final VFL Round 21 v Brisbane. Saturday August 17th - 12:05pm @ AIA Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Back