Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact they couldn't beat us missing Walsh and our mids all having easily their worst games of the year says it all really.

A team with a superior turnover game and kicking skill such as GWS or Sydney will absolutely pants them.

Dissent call was a laugh but we'd likely already won the game with 40s left heading back into the middle.

I'm not blaming the loss on Amiss, I'm saying we're clearly not incapable of contending with the top teams.

This bump is just a cheap excuse to grind an axe with a coach who has already exceeded most outsiders expectations of him this year.

I agree with that. I think with the likes of Serong, Brayshaw, Pearce, Jackson, Amiss and Young, Freo are very capable of mixing it with the best teams. I've always thought our teams were fairly even in terms of experience and age. I do think Freo should be taking on the game rather than shutting it down though. We know that shutdown teams always leave the game close enough that the opposition can close the gap with just a sniff.

Last year was just one of those years that building teams have. They can't have a season like 2022, with a young side, and not bounce back again.

Lol maybe try bumping this after a non-umpire assisted cheat win.

You don't think Freo had any help?

Where was the cheating though? A dubious touched claim that no umpire could have seen, or the second shot for dissent which could have been avoided?

The fact they couldn't beat us missing Walsh and our mids all having easily their worst games of the year says it all really.

A team with a superior turnover game and kicking skill such as GWS or Sydney will absolutely pants them.

Dissent call was a laugh but we'd likely already won the game with 40s left heading back into the middle.
Your mids are just shit mate

Walsh has missed half his career, literally a none factor. Missing two key defenders though, thats an issue.

Seriously though, who actually gives a ****. No one on the planet thinks Freo are winning the flag this year!

What is happening though is the team is building very nicely and if a loss to one of the flag favourites happens, so be it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the one where they scored 85 points? That'd be close to Longmuir's all time high score.
They also scored over 100 13 times that season, including 180, 136 and 127 against Fremantle in a prelim. Again, not incapable of scoring.
Maybe we could come up with a cute little catchphrase for our style. Maybe that'll turn things around.

Your mids are just s**t mate
We were the 2nd best clearance side in the comp last year and the number 1 team at scoring from stoppage... But please, cry harder.

Fact is your coach has you playing the most putrid style of footy we've seen in years and because of that your team couldn't put us away even though we were having an absolute stinker.

We were missing key players too. Someone had to lose and you got lucky. You’re a bit of a flog to attack our coach this early in the season.

We were the 2nd best clearance side in the comp last year and the number 1 team at scoring from stoppage... But please, cry harder.

Fact is your coach has you playing the most putrid style of footy we've seen in years and because of that your team couldn't put us away even though we were having an absolute stinker.
The fact you have to type the last line says it all. Reassuring yourself.
This Carlton side have gone all in but will never win a flag. Simply not good enough.

We were missing key players too. Someone had to lose and you got lucky. You’re a bit of a flog to attack our coach this early in the season.
I don't think anyone watching that game was enjoying it. Even the commentators were almost puzzled at how slow and boring the game was due to how Freo was setting up around the ground.

Carlton play an aggressive brand, Freo play and oppressive brand and its terrible viewing.

it's a clear sign of fan who only watches their team and not the game if they think their players having a poor performance is somehow a mark against the opposition. highly delusional if you took anything away from this game other than Fremantle and Carlton being more or less on the same level right now.

it's a clear sign of fan who only watches their team and not the game if they think their players having a poor performance is somehow a mark against the opposition. highly delusional if you took anything away from this game other than Fremantle and Carlton being more or less on the same level right now.
I watch every game every week. Freo have long been ridiculed for playing exactly how they did today. It's ugly, monotonous dross.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Back