Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

They are as good as they are going to get .If a result here and there goes their way and they win a few more close ones and teams with older lists start to drop away and teams like gold Coast and Adelaide and StK don't improve they could be top four next year. Or with an average amount of bad luck they could miss the finals again.

Never been a big J-Lo fan, but he's not the guy failing to execute 1 metre handballs and falling over every second minute.

Today wasn't a coaching issue or a breakdown in system, it was basic skill errors and a failure to perform under any sort of pressure.

Happens to young teams, but they'd want to learn from the capitulation of the last 5 weeks.

There is no consolation or joy from me. I rather of gotten 8th spot this season.

Any dockers fan tells me otherwise, well I will say this.

The dockers season is done. 30th full season completed. From 1995-2024, dockers have only made finals only 8 times out of 30.

2003, 2006, 2010, 2012,
2013, 2014, 2015, 2022.

Those 8 years. In that 8 years of those finals, they only had one period of sustained finals or made back to back finals or finals for at least 2 years in a row only once. That was 2012-15 under you guess it Ross "He will destroy your list a the end" Lyon.

Its not the lack of flags that hurt me personally, its the back of sustained finals or back to back finals in that 30 year stretch.

I would definately trade 2003 to make finals in 2005. that means making back to back finals in 2005-6.

I would trade our 2010 elim finals win in exchange of beating essendon in round 9 of 2021. Had we beaten essendon in round 9 of 2021, dockers would of essentially took essendons 8th spot. That also means back to back finals in 2021-22.

I know its not much but it would be slightly better to make back to back finals in 2005-6 and 2021-22 with that 2012-15 era.

well Thats 2024 season done.... Wonder how the dockers next 30 years will pan out. Hoping the dockers make back to back finals at least a couple of times in the next 30 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo under Longmuir are as soft as butter as it stands right now. Either he goes or they back him in and he's supported by a new assistant coaching team. Dunno which one but one of them needs to happen IMO

We wont get that Cats 2006 or tigers 2016 review or demons 2020 review. They all won the flag the next year doing some changes in the off season.

Saying that... Yeah the dockers are a young squad, but that excuse is wearing thin. On paper there is some nice young talent. Only fear is that guys like Serong and Young who are both free agents in 2027, up sticks and leave and play their prime years in Victorian clubs. then the circle of mediocrity continues.

and speaking of youngsters, a 23 year old Zack butters and 21 year old Jason Horn Francis did well.

How were they in the top 4 and blew their season is beyond me.
easy....

We lost to essendon by one point. that didnt kill our season off but knocked the wind out of our sails. Lost to Cats by 2 goals. Lost to GWS by 9 points and lost to port by 20 points.

I hated it. It was a close season. I said with how close the season is, you hate to finish out the top 8. Well...

Freo only team in history to get in top 4 and miss the finals 30 years of mediocrity and counting
Wrong. Port did the same thing in 2018.

Were top 4 with 6 rounds to go.

Freo beat Port 8.11.59 to 7.8.50. Port would then only win 1 more game out of the last 5.

Someone in the Port gameday thread said they're mentally soft, and while I don't like that term, having seen them the last few weeks there's something to it. In their last 4 games, including 2 at home, they've definitely given themselves opportunities to win but have become fumbly messes under pressure or blown a large number of scoring chances. They pissed the game away today. So many times they were streaming through the midfield ready for a forward entry only for a player to drop the ball with no one around or overcook a handpass to no one. And then there was the goal kicking. Just seems like a very nervous side.
Agree entirely but couldnā€™t that reasonably be expected from a team of mostly 21 year olds ?

For context my oldest son is 21 and there is no way I would expect him to handle the mental and physical pressure that is expected of these kids .

They'll be fine. They got hit by injury to the wrong guys you'd want to get injured at the worst time of the year. Their list profile is great AND they got three picks in the top 17 including two in the top 10. I think they're gonna be just fine over the next few years.

Whether those picks are either used to get Bolton or the draft we'll find out down the line.

They'll be fine. They got hit by injury to the wrong guys you'd want to get injured at the worst time of the year. Their list profile is great AND they got three picks in the top 17 including two in the top 10. I think they're gonna be just fine over the next few years.

Whether those picks are either used to get Bolton or the draft we'll find out down the line.
I cant trust your opinion for 2 reasons....

1. I know your posting history. You have bashed the dockers on many threads and boards.

2. This is Freo. Good luck doesnt exist. I predict the dockers will trade heavily to get Shai Bolton and somehow he becomes a dud player at freo and somehow freo regresses.

I cant trust your opinion for 2 reasons....

1. I know your posting history. You have bashed the dockers on many threads and boards.

2. This is Freo. Good luck doesnt exist. I predict the dockers will trade heavily to get Shai Bolton and somehow he becomes a dud player at freo and somehow freo regresses.

come on. dockers will be better for the experience of this year. that's a given.

I think they can do better with the list they've got.
It's a pretty ugly style of football in a lot of ways - not too dissimilar to Melbourne and St.Kilda. Always low scoring even though they get their hands on heaps of the ball.
Looks like they only crack 100 points against really poor sides.

I think they can do better with the list they've got.
It's a pretty ugly style of football in a lot of ways - not too dissimilar to Melbourne and St.Kilda. Always low scoring even though they get their hands on heaps of the ball.
nope.... We cant do better.

Yeah it could help having treacy back fit with his 45 goals this season, Darcy our main ruckman fully fit and Alex Pearce our captain and best tall defender all fully fit.

Today Port kicked 13.9.87 to dockers 9.13.67.

come on. dockers will be better for the experience of this year. that's a given.
on top of that, Brayshaw, yep that Brayshaw who had his jaw broken in 2018 by Andrew gaff is out of contract as a free agent next season. Young and Serong are free agents in 2027.

Now imagine all 3 left and went back to their hhome state in victoria and spend their prime years there.

on top of that, Brayshaw, yep that Brayshaw who had his jaw broken in 2018 by Andrew gaff is out of contract as a free agent next season. Young and Serong are free agents in 2027.

Now imagine all 3 left and went back to their hhome state in victoria and spend their prime years there.

so you'll have them for all of 25 and 26?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Back