Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone in the Port gameday thread said they're mentally soft, and while I don't like that term, having seen them the last few weeks there's something to it. In their last 4 games, including 2 at home, they've definitely given themselves opportunities to win but have become fumbly messes under pressure or blown a large number of scoring chances. They pissed the game away today. So many times they were streaming through the midfield ready for a forward entry only for a player to drop the ball with no one around or overcook a handpass to no one. And then there was the goal kicking. Just seems like a very nervous side.
Dockers have been a mentally soft side since round 1 of 1995, plain and simple.

From 1995-2024, they have only made back to back finals or had a sustained finals run only once. That was in 2012-5 under Ross Lyon.

Take away that 2012-5 finals era and we have very little to cheer about. Forget about winning a flag, we can't make back to back finals or make Elim finals for 2 years in a row FFS.

Do you think an elite piece like Warner (or potentially peak Bolton) is enough to push the team over the top? Talent wise I do. Mentally though, not sure this group has 'it'. (Not sure my Blues have it either mind you).
Nope.... Because it's Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle Under Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Back