Game Day Game Day Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked out emotionally a few years back so don't really feel much of anything these days. Haven't been to a game all year and only really starting to watch us in the last month or 2. I guess due to the letdowns of this regime its difficult to get too invested any more. Sure I'll crack a bottle of Red and watch the game on TV tonight, whereas in the past I would be watching the clock all day waiting to crack the first beer at the pub and then get to the Oval with great excitement, nervousness and anticipation. I just don't have that anymore. Having come to the conclusion what are corrupt tin pot comp the AFL is hasn't helped either.

But any rate... Go Team!
Getting older too by the sounds of it :).

Tin Pot AFL is my biggest issue, as someone who likes other sport, the coverage and nonsense is hard to stomach. Hence only watching games at the ground and only coming here for my news.

Just win. Time to right the wrongs of years of failure. Make this year be different and win the whole thing.

It doesn't matter what us Statler and Waldorf's think, this is all about building up the loyalty and enthusiasm in the kids, which is best done by winning finals.

I want the club and the players to win.
A grand final against a side from Sydney would be preferable to one against a Victorian club.

I get why there is a lot of negativity etc. but I’m genuinely looking forward to it.
First game I’m attending at Adelaide Oval.
First game I’ll see live since we played the Saints at Footy Park in 2011.

I think we’re a good chance to win. As much as our forward line isn’t setting the world on fire our midfield means we should get plenty of opportunities.

Just hope it’s not too cold tonight. I’m struggling big time with the temps below 20!!!

Ports by 26 points!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Well you’ll be happy to hear it’ll be 25 degrees when the ball is bounced.

Has a strangely similar setup to that 04 final, too. Underachieving team with their third home QF in a few years, coach under pressure with question marks over whether he can take the team to the next level. Even the pregame discussion on the cats sounds similar to 2004, 'getting under the skin of a nervous port'.

Hopefully a similar result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyones on edge because if we drop this we probably face a raging hawks next week and we wont get as lucky this time/probably dont get the jump on the cats again. Would be nice to have a final done in the first quarter ala richmond 14. Lose today face hawks next week probably drop that and it would be the biggest what happened portz to ever happen to portz

Sitting in North tce and you wouldnt even know theres a game on never mind a big final.
Have seen 1 woman in Port gear, infact, I've seen more Crom nufties getting about in their kit.

How do I feel, quietly confident to be honest, not nervous at all.
Cant wait to clock off and head to the ground.

GO PORT!

Sitting in North tce and you wouldnt even know theres a game on never mind a big final.
Have seen 1 woman in Port gear, infact, I've seen more Crom nufties getting about in their kit.

GO PORT!
It's a work day lol. What are you expecting to see in the middle of the day on a Thursday? People taking the day off to walk around rundle mall in port gear?

Everyones on edge because if we drop this we probably face a raging hawks next week and we wont get as lucky this time/probably dont get the jump on the cats again. Would be nice to have a final done in the first quarter ala richmond 14. Lose today face hawks next week probably drop that and it would be the biggest what happened portz to ever happen to portz
I'm very much on edge but it is not because i think that if we lose we are definitely going out in straight sets. But a win gives us a big chance to go all the way but a loss makes the road much tougher.

For the record i don't think the Hawks beat the Dogs. Seems to be this narrative that the Hawks and Dogs are these superstar teams that are actually better than both Geelong and Port and that the loser tonight should just give up. Seems a bit strange, reminds me a bit of all the hype Richmond had going into the 2014 finals series.

GO PORT!
That might be because the game is still 7 hours away and people are at work.

GO PORT!
I’m in my Port gear at work today, I always planned to wear my guernsey but we have a casual day anyway.

Reppin’ the retro bolt from last year.

Feels good.

I hope we can start waving these around……
Stretching Lets Go GIF

It's a work day lol. What are you expecting to see in the middle of the day on a Thursday? People taking the day off to walk around rundle mall in port gear?
Thursday games are the devil's work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back