Autopsy Geelong defeated by Tigers by 31 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s no coincidence the Tigers have beaten us consistently over recent years. They have at least as much talent at the top end and far greater depth.

Talent-wise we run about 3 or 4 in the league in my view so to get to the big dance is a reasonable effort.

We badly need genuine leg speed. Which is why recruiting Higgins concerns me. More of the same pace-wise.

Like the list the Blues are putting together. Adding more pace and grunt to the midfield with the addition of Williams and Saad. Hope we are now looking at doing the same.

As with others here I don’t get why Martin isn’t tagged. He doesn’t cope well with a tag and is a key to the Tigers.

Sadly, with so many other teams emerging, we might have to wait a while for our next crack.:(

Proud of the way the club dealt with this tough year.

It’s going to be a long Summer 🤬🤬🤬

I thought COVID was bad 😰😰😰

I realise youre in the moment. Footy has been a significant distraction for many stuck in vic. I'm irritated at the 52 point turn around but I can't deny they didn't lighten the mood throughout the year. This lockdown puts things in perspective.

Having said that if they want to keep us in lockdown long enough for the Richmond scarves to disappear I won't mind too much.

To all the critics. . .have some pride in our Boyz! Praise them, instead of knocking them!

Geelong were sensational for a fair portion of the game tonight. Were absolutely belting us in the second quarter, just couldn't keep it going. Still a good year and then you add Jeremy Cameron....it's blue skies ahead for the Cats.

But... It was your game plan that lost today... The blueprint you gave him in the meeting turned out no good!
Keeping Dangerfield in the goal square while our mids get torn to shreds for a whole quarter wasn't a great move... And our movement from back 50 was terrible - we went back to bomb it down the line and hope.. Richmond set up 10X better than us - found space when needed and played for each other. Its ok to be wrong mate - you have been doing it for 8 years already lol... I told you to slow down and wait to see if we actually won before you trumpeted your own horn.

Not sure what the consensus is here, but well done to Richmond. Dusty is a once in a generation player. Their will be statues of him at Punt rd. Well done to Chris Scott, one step better than last year but deep down I feel that was it. Selwood and Dangerfield not getting any younger. Wouldn’t be surprised if Sell gives up the captaincy. (Not sure who would be captain).
Danger probably

The problem isn't beating him, its the inability to react either because of sh*t coaching or lack of suitable players. Kolo is stuck on him due to sh*t balance in our back line. No one else is actually able to take him or even attempt to. Hence, we put a guy who isn't slow but isn't the quickest on one of the best spurt athletes in the game. Its a genuine weakness in our game. Then the rest of our defenders don't take any real TEAM RESPONSIBILITY and try to help the bloke out when he has the monster task. Too self absorbed in their own games.

Yes, lack of suitable players. They can only pick who’s on the list.

The backline were overwhelmed by Richmond.

I repeat: Kolo beat Cameron, a quick, creative player last week. He had a bad one tonight.

jfc it's just a sport hahahah ease up

sh*t second half but richmond lifted bg time. all about them giving gaz a guard of honour
Just stop!

How dare you tell me to ease up!

Where were your clever words, when our Board was full of arrogance + bravado? Go back in time + tell them to ease up!

Who do you think you are, just breezing in + saying it’s just a sport?

Who are you? Frankly, you can shove your arrogance too?

I repeat: Kolo beat Cameron, a quick, creative player last week. He had a bad one tonight.

Kolo did alright on Gray and De Goey earlier in the finals as well. Martin is just a class or two above those guys.

Imagine if you have no aerial. Subscribe to fox, and can only watch it at 10:30
That's my brother right now. I can't send him a text and say don't. It's not right.

Keeping Dangerfield in the goal square while our mids get torn to shreds for a whole quarter wasn't a great move... And our movement from back 50 was terrible - we went back to bomb it down the line and hope.. Richmond set up 10X better than us - found space when needed and played for each other. Its ok to be wrong mate - you have been doing it for 8 years already lol... I told you to slow down and wait to see if we actually won before you trumpeted your own horn.
Let loose to tag posters as he saw fit last night and take shots. Doubt there'll be much tolerance for anything coming back his way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been in isolation for 3 months on my own. Only good thing i had was Geelong. I'm so disappointing... My heat is broken. I was hopping for a win. I know everyone is hurting... I'm sure everyone is too tonight. I just need to get my disappointed of my chest. .. was hoping for a win. I know everyone is hurting. In these thought times. I just won't to say hold your head up people. I love my cats.... Just hurts.... They bring me so much joy... It hurts now. So much.....

Yeah oddly early too. Surprised more people didn't see this.
Didn't think I would see it in a grand final... Very disappointing to see - for some reason we don't have the belief in the system. Richmonds buy in is 100% - they trust what they are doing. Our boys drop their load at the slightest hint of pressure.

Houli was poor vs port.
Did he's calf early on today.

We need to to lockdown short...more so after HT.

Lots of things happen in footy.
Looks like we changed nothing after HT.
Unsure .
Our pressure was good early
They took that away .

Funny thing I knew they would come hard.
Disappointed we couldn't push back.

I said to my uncle at half time ... ' if we don't play danger in the middle we could lose this.'

Blind Freddie could see that. Despite his low numbers, Danger was great in three contest in the first half, and did some good "non stat" things as well.

We needed to snuff out any spirit they had while we had the lead.

As I said its not getting beaten. Its inability to react. Its the same type of players we constantly get torn apart by as the balance is wrong down back.

Ultimately, they are responsible for who they select and decisions on where players play.

We need a genuine back up in this situation. Its no surprise as it always happens. We need a medium back with athleticism that can play tall/small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back