Autopsy Geelong defeated by Tigers by 31 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
H is retiring.

No shot we move Stanley, he was good. 14 touches, 4 marks, 29 HO, Nakervis had 8 touches, 0 marks and 25 HO.

Stanley was beaten by Nankervis despite the disposal count.
Nankervis is a physical gritty footballer and perfectly built for finals just as Ottens was for Geelong and Keating was for Brisbane. It's quite obvious the Geelong football club sorely needs a big strong physical ruckman. We can't keep playing guys like Stanley and Blicavs and expect a different outcome.

Massive plate of consolation nachos since won't be able to sleep anyway.

It worries me this new psychological approach to Dangerfield by Scott.
We don't want Danger to be a contributor by only doing what he has too.
We want him to be the same glorious, take it on, win the game himself beast
that Dusty is. **** this being unselfish popped on a flank "team" player.

Im at the point now where i see Danger back in the pack with everyone else, i just dont see him as a superstar anymore, closer to the end than i thought i think. Dusty put him to shame tonight.

Average? They have beaten literally EVERYBODY for four years. They are a phenomenal team.

I disagree, sure you can only beat who is served up to you but they haven’t had any great rival over the time and there definitely hasn’t been a number 2 team. Competition is so flat at the moment.

I am almost embarrassed to say, but never have I cried after a football game until tonight. But it wasn't even the result of this game that got to me. Richmond were the better team in the 2nd half and Dusty is just amazing. But the footage of Ablett leaving the field just broke me for some reason, maybe because I have spent so many of my formative years following his old man, and then him. Pretty much never missed a game that he played. I don't think I will ever have such a strong attachment to a player ever again.

Come on all you arrogant braggers, who boasted that Geelong would win!

Stand up + take your medicine!

Show the same guts in defeat, as your bravado, when you bragged about our certain win!

Where are you?

Where is your expression of regret?
Where is your admission of arrogance?
Where is your apology?

How many of you will admit you were wrong?

Come on you big bragging losers!

Have the fortitude to admit you were wrong!

You braggers, have the courtesy to apologise to those you berated!

Any braggers, who have the fortitude to admit they were wrong?

Any?

There were many who criticised those of us, who were fearful of a loss.

Where are you now? Have you crawled back under your rocks?

Why not so lippy now?

jfc it's just a sport hahahah ease up (edit: fwiw i had no confidence or trust in us and thought we'd lose but i also understand that this is a message board and nothing i say or do has any bearing on the result so uh downvote away i guess)

shit second half but richmond lifted bg time. all about them giving gaz a guard of honour

Last edited:
We had our chances to put them away in the second qtr, we were wasteful, Miers misses 25 out straight in front, we should have 30+ plus in front, we were too blaze when we were on top. The odd time the ball gets down, dusty turns half a chance into a goal, breathes confidence into the tigers and they fight their way into the contest in the last 4 minutes go into half time break 2 goals down, knowing that when it's their turn on top they'll make us pay.

Dangers 2nd half was shocking, it's a grand final and he's staging for free kicks in marking contests, going to ground too easy, whilst dusty just plays the ball, keeps his feet and give him half chance he kicks the goal. We had no one to go onto him, he's too smart for kolo, maybe we should have tried blix, as he struggled in the midfield, with the tackle pressure.

My best were
Stewart
Selwood
Stanley
Menegola
Guthrie
Duncan faded badly in the second half
I reckon we're hard on Rohan, he took Grimes out of the game in the first half, he never gets much of the ball and I thought his pressure was good.
Gaz shows again shows you don't need much of the ball, still with one arm his decision making is first class and Harry was very good again, keeping Lynch from taking over
Who else will retire?
Hendo?
Tuohy?
Selwood? I think he would have if we won

Congrats on another fantastic seaon. To fall short at the final hurdle is a feeling I know all too well. Your win loss record is proof that over the years you have been a great football club.

And for those supporters who bag blokes like Gary Rohan, as a footballer he has achieved more than any one of us. So I implore you to think about how disappointed he would feel, and how those players who didn't rise to the challenge would feel. Yes, they live the dream and are well paid for what they do. But when it's all said and done, they give their all to provide for us.

Best wishes for 2021, just not against my mob.

I respect and look forward to your posts mate, genuinely I do.

But you have some owning up to do, big time.

What was that...we'd flog them right?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We lost what can I say. I just don't get overly emotional about football results anymore.

I'll cop it.

I'm not Scott's biggest fan, but he's not the one who made Kolo stuff up an inboard kick that led to the goal that started the 3rd quartrer rush. That was the literal "here we go again" moment for the players that introduced the self-doubt into their minds and you could see it gave Richmond the spark to go on with it. That ball needed to be 50 metres down the line for a throw-in at the interchange gates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else will retire?
Hendo?
Tuohy?
Selwood? I think he would have if we won

No chance they retire. Selwood will play 1 more and we just can't lose someone like him along with Gaz and H. Hendo had a resurgence and will go again. 2E will stay unless he has the desire to return to Ireland.

Im at the point now where i see Danger back in the pack with everyone else, i just dont see him as a superstar anymore, closer to the end than i thought i think. Dusty put him to shame tonight.
I said to my uncle at half time ... ' if we don't play danger in the middle we could lose this.'

Kolo beat Cameron last week. Did you miss that?

Wouldn’t matter who was on him. O’Connor, Henry, Bews. He’d beat them all. He’s a freak.
The problem isn't beating him, its the inability to react either because of shit coaching or lack of suitable players. Kolo is stuck on him due to shit balance in our back line. No one else is actually able to take him or even attempt to. Hence, we put a guy who isn't slow but isn't the quickest on one of the best spurt athletes in the game. Its a genuine weakness in our game. Then the rest of our defenders don't take any real TEAM RESPONSIBILITY and try to help the bloke out when he has the monster task. Too self absorbed in their own games.

Congrats on another fantastic seaon. To fall short at the final hurdle is a feeling I know all too well. Your win loss record is proof that over the years you have been a great football club.

And for those supporters who bag blokes like Gary Rohan, as a footballer he has achieved more than any one of us. So I implore you to think about how disappointed he would feel, and how those players who didn't rise to the challenge would feel. Yes, they live the dream and are well paid for what they do. But when it's all said and done, they give their all to provide for us.

Best wishes for 2021, just not against my mob.

Thanks - this level of perspective might not be appreciated in the moment, but it will be in the days to come.

Best of luck with 2021 for you blokes too :)

Does anyone else feel kind of disassociated from it all given the circumstances?

If today’s game was at the ‘G after a normal season I would be shattered. Hard to have the same emotional attachment given everything that has gone on to get to this point.

Right about now would be wading through the mad dogs and mud of the MCG car park.
Cold dark night down a rainy highway.
No love at the end of it.
Missing ear drums, hope
and cash.

Last edited:
Only one of Kolo or Henry can be the 3rd tall down back. The retirement of Taylor means Blicavs will play full back and Hendo as CHB. We need more runs from half back so Clark must slot into that role next year together with Bews/Stewart. We will look for improvements from Guthrie, Miers, Parfitt and Simmo next year

So disappointed. The Cats pretty much only played a half of football. We were smashed when Richmond went up a gear. Dangerfield hardly fired a shot and looked like he wasn't ready for the big stage. He's not in the same league as Dustin Martin. Gaza with one arm looked more dangerous and Joel tried hard. Vale Harry T and congrats on a great career. Thanks Gary Ablett for giving me so much joy over the last 15 or so years. What an absolute champion and a great human being. Well done Cats on another great season of football, especially given the circumstances with Coronavirus.

it hurts to lose to the same side again two years in a row. but if we know one thing about our club its that we can pick ourselves up off the floor and go again. i have no doubt we'll be back around a similar mark next year. we'll learn a lot. it hurts but we'll be back

Only one of Kolo or Henry can be the 3rd tall down back. The retirement of Taylor means Blicavs will play full back and Hendo as CHB. We need more runs from half back so Clark must slot into that role next year together with Bews/Stewart. We will look for improvements from Guthrie, Miers, Parfitt and Simmo next year
Great post. Agree completely. Want to get 20 games into Simmo especially as I think he deserves them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back