Autopsy Geelong defeated by Tigers by 31 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You respond to me once in a year and it's to gloat that I was wrong about a result.

Wow.
Typical Vinum.
Shots from the cheap seats.

Having confidence in your team winning a GF.
This place would tell people to **** off if someone came in here and prophesied a comfortable defeat.

Yes, lack of suitable players. They can only pick who’s on the list.

The backline were overwhelmed by Richmond.

I repeat: Kolo beat Cameron, a quick, creative player last week. He had a bad one tonight.

Our backline perform when we dominate games, when we dont they get found out. We need to get blokes who can actually stand up when the midfield is getting overrun and actually beat their opponent 1 on 1 and halt the momentum.

Let loose to tag posters as he saw fit last night and take shots. Don't there'll be much tolerance for anything coming back his way.
He is a protected species lol... Was taking pot shots left and right all week and now has egg all over his face. I will be happy to give him one gif response in that thread then I'll be done - he can deny reality all he wants but the facts are there for everyone to see.

Typical Vinum.
Shots from the cheap seats.

Having confidence in your team winning a GF.
This place would tell people to fu** off if someone came in here and prophesied a comfortable defeat.
What did you think of Parfitt's game tonight? I thought he was okay, cracked in. Blicavs shit the bed a few times again.

Gutted. Couldn't even watch the last couple of minutes had to turn the TV off. Wasted too many opportunities in the first half to really put them on the canvas running into half time. After half time its hard to pinpoint exactly what was going on. Seemed we just went back into our shells and played scared slow footy. Can't stand Martin, almost wish we just had Guthrie play a hard tag on Martin all game because he was the main problem. Reiwoldt and Lynch did jackshite up until the last quarter.

Too gutted to say much more now. Gonna be a long wait until we can have a crack again next year. At least hopefully we have Cameron but yeah alot of issues to work through thats for sure.

Last edited:
I've been in isolation for 3 months on my own. Only good thing i had was Geelong. I'm so disappointing... My heat is broken. I was hopping for a win. I know everyone is hurting... I'm sure everyone is too tonight. I just need to get my disappointed of my chest. .. was hoping for a win. I know everyone is hurting. In these thought times. I just won't to say hold your head up people. I love my cats.... Just hurts.... They bring me so much joy... It hurts now. So much.....

Hang in there Robshow we're on the home stretch.

Try this for a laugh.

Mofra's been going strong for about five (?) years now. Cracks me up every time.

jfc it's just a sport hahahah ease up (edit: fwiw i had no confidence or trust in us and thought we'd lose but i also understand that this is a message board and nothing i say or do has any bearing on the result so uh downvote away i guess)

sh*t second half but richmond lifted bg time. all about them giving gaz a guard of honour
Sole reason why despite being despondent at the result I am not angry.
Compared to what 2020 has thrown at the world sport needs to be a valuable outlet for lots of us, but some perspective at the same time.

This Danger forward thing has to stop, he isnt a forward so stop trying to turn him into one, he won a brownlow playing in the middle so ****ing play him there, hopefully with JC arriving next year we wont see Paddy anywhere near the forward line.

What a year!

Exceeded my preseason expectations but still confused how it fell apart so quickly tonight.

We had to kick those goals in the 2nd.
Danger should have played in the middle in the 3rd.
I still don’t understand why we looked so tired in 2nd half.

Oh well. At least we didn’t lose by a goal.

Geelong players were not terrible but they just didn’t play above themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sh*t result but that's life.

Full credit to the Tigers.

We'll be back.

Oustanding career Gaz jnr. He's given every single football supporter great joy in his career and he is a legend of the game.

It's a sad day that we've seen the last of him.

Chin up Cats supporters, we've done well.

yep.. sun comes up tomorrow

Everything comes down to how the Cats interpret and what they do about this loss. Scott needs to get a new strategist or something to turn it around. This loss reminds me of many others. But again there is a lack of confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They will be mistakenly convinced again that Ratugolea and Jack Steven will be their saviour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did you think of Parfitt's game tonight? I thought he was okay, cracked in. Blicavs sh*t the bed a few times again.
Parfitt played? I guess that answers the question.
At least Blicavs has stood up at some point.

Ah well, how disappointing the second half was after the dominating second quarter.
Richmond too good in second half. That is some system they have. And their superstar stood up, ours faded. A couple of coaching errors- Scott a bit too stubborn, after a great year of coaching.
Farewell to Gaz -it’s been a joy and I wish him all the best. Will be missed, as will Harry.

Just stop!

How dare you tell me to ease up!

Where were your clever words, when our Board was full of arrogance + bravado? Go back in time + tell them to ease up!

Who do you think you are, just breezing in + saying it’s just a sport?

Who are you? Frankly, you can shove your arrogance too?

haha yikes. i guess i'm just willing to see that this is just a message board and no matter what people post (confidence/bravado/negativity/what have you) it doesn't affect the game at all? appreciate that the emotions are high at the moment but i hope you'll come to see that jumping down my throat doesn't make a heap of sense. anyway all the best

The game plan was fine for a half. Just ran out of legs.

I don't believe we ran out of legs. That sounds more like an excuse than anything. We were toying with them in the first half and they were doing all the chasing. We lost because they executed their game plan much better in the second half, and in the last it almost looked like the players gave up. That's not what you want to see of course, but when you're getting smashed like that it's hard to not feel completely helpless.

This Danger forward thing has to stop, he isnt a forward so stop trying to turn him into one, he won a brownlow playing in the middle so ******* play him there, hopefully with JC arriving next year we wont see Paddy anywhere near the forward line.
It won't as I think Paddy is struggling in comparison to what he was. He has bursts left in him but not games. He needs to play down forward to preserve him. The issue I think is we are too stuck to planned routine where we just need to chuck him in the middle when we need him not just stick to the plan.

I've been in isolation for 3 months on my own. Only good thing i had was Geelong. I'm so disappointing... My heat is broken. I was hopping for a win. I know everyone is hurting... I'm sure everyone is too tonight. I just need to get my disappointed of my chest. .. was hoping for a win. I know everyone is hurting. In these thought times. I just won't to say hold your head up people. I love my cats.... Just hurts.... They bring me so much joy... It hurts now. So much.....

Just hang in there mate, control what you can control and things will come together I have no doubts

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am proud of our year and our effort... The two best teams probably played in the prelim last week in adelaide if we are to be honest with ourselves... Id say third best side this season behind richmond port. Proud of our boys and the effort all year.
I think we were second best. But it doesn't matter. We made it. It was exciting.
The start of the second half I haven't felt that nervous watching us for many years.
Was good to feel that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back