Resource Geelong guernseys and memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the gold on the away strip for you guys?
Could you compare ISC to Puma in terms of sizing? Puma was the last swans guernsey I bought.

Thank you :)

I'm an XL with your standard t shirt, but 3xl pushing 4xl with an ISC Geelong top. Very very snug.

Some of the player issue ones i have are M and L and they would be lucky to fit a 10 yo!

Yep and this wasn't cheap, overpaid anyway. I just have others of his, with premiers logos, so wanted to add to the collection. Would be nice if they stated it, but i guess it's still 'unique'.
I got mine in the mail today (#37) and my logo is sublimated... Not sure why they would be different though.

The only thought I had is that for someone like Hawkins/established players, they might have used last years and just put a patch over the top.

I'm an XL with your standard t shirt, but 3xl pushing 4xl with an ISC Geelong top. Very very snug.

Some of the player issue ones i have are M and L and they would be lucky to fit a 10 yo!

Thanks! I think I'll have to go to the stadium store and physically try them on then which I wanted to avoid a trip too.

Thank you all for your help and your support during GF week ;)

I got mine in the mail today (#37) and my logo is sublimated... Not sure why they would be different though.

The only thought I had is that for someone like Hawkins/established players, they might have used last years and just put a patch over the top.
I got 6 and none of which had a fake premiers logo!? Is that what you guys are talking about?

I got 6 and none of which had a fake premiers logo!? Is that what you guys are talking about?
6?! I wish I had as much money as you!

Going by Turbo's photo he got one which had a gold patch (same sort of thing as for Grand Final guernseys) over the logo, rather than an actual printed gold logo. Seems like he was just unlucky going by your comments!

Just noticed someone selling a 2011 fully framed and signed jumper with cards around the side etc.on things for sale in geelong on FB I think he/her asking to much 1k is that the going rate?

I think when you're looking at buying Geelong memorabillia, especially if you're not buying it from a store, there are a few reasons why the person would be looking to sell it:

1. They need the money.
2. They've acquired a similar, but superior piece of memorabillia (e.g. they've got a 2011 premiers guernsey signed by the entire team, so they decide to sell the same guernsey that they already had, which was signed by Scott/Ling).
3. They don't care about it and they simply bought it to make a profit on it (e.g. it was auctioned off at a function at their footy club or something and they don't even barrack for Geelong).

Either way, they're probably desperate to sell and will take under the 'Buy it Now' price. I think people should always bear this in mind, when they see memorabillia on internet sites, especially eBay.

So I won a few of the Geelong guernsey auctions a couple of weeks ago and then won a GWS auction five hours later. The GWS guernsey turned up yesterday. Any bets when the Geelong ones will turn up? I think I'll set the line at +23.5 days.

So I won a few of the Geelong guernsey auctions a couple of weeks ago and then won a GWS auction five hours later. The GWS guernsey turned up yesterday. Any bets when the Geelong ones will turn up? I think I'll set the line at +23.5 days.

Should be under a week - really there is nowhere in Australia that takes longer than 5 days in the post.

Should be under a week - really there is nowhere in Australia that takes longer than 5 days in the post.

Ever got something from the Geelong online auctions? It was basically a dig at how ordinary their service is, both with shipping times and responding to emails. Even when I've called them from time to time, I've become the ball in a game of transfer tennis between various Geelong departments, until I've given up.

This is the one I was talking about (sorry i should post this pick with my post)
geelong2011.jpg

I got a long sleeve guernsey in those auctions and after a week I sent them an email (because I paid for express post) and a lady named Julia replied saying that she was away from the office on some personal leave and then there was a backlog of auction items to process. She gave me a tracking number and I received mine about two days later... have you sent them an email yet?

I got a long sleeve guernsey in those auctions and after a week I sent them an email (because I paid for express post) and a lady named Julia replied saying that she was away from the office on some personal leave and then there was a backlog of auction items to process. She gave me a tracking number and I received mine about two days later... have you sent them an email yet?

It doesn't really bother that much...I guess I work on the assumption that the auction has finished, they have all my details; why should I have to send them an email? I've sent them emails about other stuff in the past and they've never responded to one anyway. It should be sent the day after they receive my money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks! I think I'll have to go to the stadium store and physically try them on then which I wanted to avoid a trip too.

Thank you all for your help and your support during GF week ;)

If you cant get into a stadium store, just go into your local sports store that sells authentic jerseys.
The Gold logo ones we were selling were the same size as the standard ones you buy in the store(replica jerseys that is, not the crappy kmart rip offs).

Having said that, Swans may or may not release a gold logo version. I cant recall us having released one for 07 and 09 - but I might be mistaken.

Having said that, Swans may or may not release a gold logo version. I cant recall us having released one for 07 and 09 - but I might be mistaken.
Geelong's online store exclusively sold gold logo guernseys for the '09 and '11 premierships (for $150!), but for the 2007 premiership as they were the first team to wear the logo the club didn't sell replicas.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/cats-to-wear-honour-badge/story-e6frf9lo-1111115438870
Geelong has decided to keep this season's special jumpers exclusive to the players and will not produce replicas for sale.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/cats-to-wear-honour-badge/story-e6frf9lo-1111115438870

Varcoe2Chapman I picked this up from an auction agessss ago. The jumper has been framed and the whole side has signed around it. So the signatures are not on the jumper itself.

marshhhhh I paid a bit more for it and the other items im selling, but just hoping to make my money back. Id prefer if I didn't have to sell them, but I need the money at the moment unfortunatley

Varcoe2Chapman I picked this up from an auction agessss ago. The jumper has been framed and the whole side has signed around it. So the signatures are not on the jumper itself.

marshhhhh I paid a bit more for it and the other items im selling, but just hoping to make my money back. Id prefer if I didn't have to sell them, but I need the money at the moment unfortunatley

Hear ya loud and clear mate. If I hadn't just bought a house, I'd be all over that like a rash. It's also an issue that my man cave has no room left on the walls. To the point where I have Geelong stuff in the spare bedroom, and that's after I sold 2 framed guernseys and my Bartel signed guernsey which I was yet to get framed.

The 07 premiership one is reasonably priced to say the least. I've seen them on there for upwards of $900

makes me feel pretty good about my PI 2011 GF signed Cam Mooney (1 of 2) signed by the team.

Go to get it framed yet but know what i want to do.....

if 600 - 900 is good for a limited edition run with 3 sigs on it.....(yours i damn nice too Akoner i might add) then mine might be over that....

Go Catters

makes me feel pretty good about my PI 2011 GF signed Cam Mooney (1 of 2) signed by the team.

Go to get it framed yet but know what i want to do.....

if 600 - 900 is good for a limited edition run with 3 sigs on it.....(yours i damn nice too Akoner i might add) then mine might be over that....

Go Catters

Yours is unique in such an odd way Daz. It's awesome, no doubt about that, but him not playing in the game makes it just...different :p
But for sure you'd be up towards the $900+ mark, PI granny guernseys don't come along every day!

Yours is unique in such an odd way Daz. It's awesome, no doubt about that, but him not playing in the game makes it just...different :p
But for sure you'd be up towards the $900+ mark, PI granny guernseys don't come along every day!

I agree... he didnt play. Thats why he said it was part of the reason he wanted to sell one of them. He didnt want to be reminded of it. which i get.

but as you say, PI GF signed jumpers are only 1 of 2, and are not common....

GO Catters

I agree... he didnt play. Thats why he said it was part of the reason he wanted to sell one of them. He didnt want to be reminded of it. which i get.

but as you say, PI GF signed jumpers are only 1 of 2, and are not common....

GO Catters

I got the one that was only signed by Mooney and it immediately shot to my favourite piece of Geelong memorabillia. dazbroncos doesn't seem like the type that would sell such a piece, but personally, I'd say he's nuts if he accepted less than well into four figures. But that's just me. You've got to have someone willing to pay that much for it and there aren't many people willing to drop 2k+ for an AFL guernsey. That's why when people decide they do need to sell this sort of stuff, invariably their dreams of buying a bargain and making a 300% profit are unfulfilled.

Side note: I would love to see a 2006 Eagles GF guernsey go on eBay, because that would be a bloodbath. There are some serious Eagles collectors on BF and I reckon a 2006 PI GF guernsey could get in the vicinity of five figures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Geelong guernseys and memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back