Autopsy Geelong lose to Richmond by 26 points.. but it really wasnt that close

Remove this Banner Ad

With Rohan back there's no need to play Danger forward and taking into account Sav's game tonight. There's also Selwood and Steven to come back through the midfield. it's eith Steven or Parfitt I reckon and Steven offers more.

If it comes down to Parfitt or Steven I'm almost certain they'll go with the former due to what Parfitt offers defensively.

Just go by the games he played this year, what would your opinion be?
Thought Constable was ok but didn't think he showed enough to warrant retaining his spot when others returned from injury

And don't really recall hearing much about him since, can't remember him being an emergency, and that suggests he's not really pushing for selection

If it comes down to Parfitt or Steven I'm almost certain they'll go with the former due to what Parfitt offers defensively.
Maybe. It's one or the other. I can't see who else will make way.

Esava should not be dropped. Absolutely critical to our structure. Did you not see hawkins get double teamed tonight?

He only got double teamed because the third man up in Grimes all night, was completely unaccountable - yes that was due in part to Sav not providing a forward contest or defensive pressure for the first 3 quarters. Jarvis, Dahl, Miers, all the same. In fact, the only time we looked likely and had the game on our terms, was when Danger was shifted forward and kept Grimes occupied. We then went away from that and Grimes dominated once again. You can't ignore just how unaccountable Sav was for three quarters - something Hawk himself gave him a bake for at half time.

Last edited:
Esava should not be dropped. Absolutely critical to our structure. Did you not see hawkins get double teamed tonight?
But Sav’s last decent performance was against Gold Coast in round 5. Are we relying on him in the hope one of his 1/8 decent games might happen to be in finals? Risky business indeed!

Atkins is always pushed aside. He always fumbles. He usually gets caught holding the ball a couple of times a games. Not tonight though. He had 8 tackles. Some actual good ones to. He actually got some hard balls in contests tonight. Thats very unusual for him.

the master of back handed compliments.

That was disgraceful. Really hard to watch. Richmond ran so much harder than us. Totally outworked. Totally out coached. When jack took that mark at the end of the third quarter the whole backline arguing and pointing fingers, heads down, totally deflated the game was over.

Sav easily our best.
It's amazing how one game changes everything.

Before tonight Sav wasn't in my best 22, but IMO if we want to beat Richmond then we have to play him at CHF with Stanley in the ruck and Blicavs to FB, meaning one of Taylor or Henderson needs to go.

Getting Ablett, Selwood and Rohan back in will be great but we need a better spine to beat the Tigers.

Well done to the Tigers.
The chaos ball got us again.

We really don't want to meet them in finals.
That 8 minutes or so where played well was foot off the pedal type stuff by them.

And please, don't go go knocking the kids.
Where was Guthrie, danger, menegola, Duncan.

Give me what ever stats you want. No influence.

Liked Fogarty. Plenty of room for improvement.

Also, if that throw was paid against Grimes and the clear 50 was given to Blicavs we'd have been much closer and I'm almost sure Hawkins would have taken more time with his last shot on goal. So as poor as we were there wasn't much in it.

Think of the positives people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question - is Constable in consideration as I really don't recall hearing too much about him since his concussion
No he isn’t.
He played a couple games when Joel was out, was average, went back to life as a 2s footballer.

Well done to the Tigers.
The chaos ball got us again.

We really don't won't to meet them in finals.
That 8 minutes or so where played well was foot off the pedal type stuff by them.

And please, don't go go knocking the kids.
Where was Guthrie, danger, menegola, Duncan.

Give me what ever stats you want. No influence.

Liked Fogarty. Plenty of room for improvement.
Fogarty was poor. He doesn't have the foot skills to make it.

One thing that annoyed me - but you have to give credit to Richmonds defence for doing it

The ball would be at FF or forward pocket pocket for GEEL - like the ball might be even near the boundary line - the Rich defenders would have very little room to work with - but how many times they got the ball out of their - with skill - and then link up play - and the ball would suddenly be on the wing or their HFF

I dont think any other team in the comp can do that - and they do that multiple times
Bulldogs did it for a quarter, but that's the difference between the best and the rest.

Waiting for Scott’s frustrating press conference answers.

Expect to hear “I’m not going to jump to conclusions. I’ll need to watch the replay to work out why we lost”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he was honest he would say something like:
"I've learnt nothing in the past 9 finals series so ill probably stick with what doesn't work and hope for the best. I'll throw a curve ball in by doing some ridiculous selection come finals. One things for sure we won't be bringing any pressure once finals kicks off. Straight to water haha"

Miers, menengola, Henry all went to water again with a big game. No surprises, I'd be amazed if the gamelan works come finals. It wouldn't be so soul crushing if it wasn't a yearly occurrence and this is the last shot. Disappointing night

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk

One thing that annoyed me - but you have to give credit to Richmonds defence for doing it

The ball would be at FF or forward pocket pocket for GEEL - like the ball might be even near the boundary line - the Rich defenders would have very little room to work with - but how many times they got the ball out of their - with skill - and then link up play - and the ball would suddenly be on the wing or their HFF

I dont think any other team in the comp can do that - and they do that multiple times

They have that laser handpass/tap. So fast, seem to know exactly where the others will be in the chain.
Geez they made our reflexes look slow, and started with Dusty flat footing Menegola.
Even Guthie, with his usually ferocious attack on the ball was beaten to it. They looked shocked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong lose to Richmond by 26 points.. but it really wasnt that close

Remove this Banner Ad

Back