Autopsy Geelong lose to Richmond by 26 points.. but it really wasnt that close

Remove this Banner Ad

If we go with the structure you want, finals will require Sav to be a competent KPF for three consecutive games against the best defensive groups in the comp.

You think he's ready to produce that?
fowards only need one good qtr to make a difference. Look at rohan. Hasnt strung more than a 1 qtr game all year and he has been a big contributor nonetheless. Plus even if sav isnt playing well for periods as long as he is down there being a threat then grimes cant intercept the passes to hawkins. It frees hawkins up. Also gives rohan an easier opponent as well. Plus with sav, hawkins and rohan foward we can finally release dangerfield back to being primarily a mid. This also helps release blicavs to spend more time in defence. It just sets tge whole team up much better.

I can't believe the melts in here.

I remember being here after we lost to Sydney in round 23, 2011. Hawkins had a bit of a shocker and was goalless. People wanted him dropped, traded, delisted.

Literally five weeks later he almost single handedly won us a flag.

Seems harsh to say this given that he was really our only silver lining tonight, but I really hope the MC don't read too much in to SavRat's game. Yes, he's clunked a few, but he's not going to do this consistently in finals and he still can't kick.

Not ready yet!

He needs a kicking coach and a sport psychologist, it seems like he dreads kicking for goal

Lucky we got that close. Losing to that mob, I hate it almost as much as I hate losing to Hawthorn :mad:

Mids did a disappearing act for the most part, fumbly and inaccurate when they got their hands on it. Hawk wasn't given much space and, without Rohan or Stanley, there weren't many other options. A lot of the hoops seemed to lose their vision and skills when under pressure from a well-drilled opposition. Tigers found space at will and always seemed to be one step ahead. Would the outs have made a huge differences? In this *-season, anything can happen, but our structure fell apart badly for most of the match.

Not good enough by a long way but it's only one game. Maybe after six wins in a row it was our turn for a loss. Or maybe not and they're just better than us. All I can say is thank goodness that 'spectacle' wasn't a final.

Now, over to you, Chris Scott...

Maybe, but it has a much better chance of playing at that level than what we saw tonight from those players listed. Like i said, it's delusional to think we can only make 1 or 2 changes and be better come finals. That bottom 6-7 will are proven failures at handling the pressure.
Who is saying we will make 1-2 changes though?

Selwood
Ablett
Rohan
Stanley
Steven

5 ins means 5 outs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on everything I've seen.
1 game doesn't mean all that much in the grand scheme on things, if it did we'd never have won 2007, or 2009, or 2011, nor would Richmond have won last year, or even ANY Premier in recent history.
1 game means very, very little.
But what I did see was a complete breakdown of our structures both forward and back and we lost all system around the contest. We couldn't have played much worse, and those who really let us down are placeholders for far better players.
We simply were out-worked by a side that was more desperate and we played right into their hands.
If everyone wants to declare the season over and the GFC should be dissolved over 1 game then go for it, but it's just that, 1 game, and for us it's 1 game that came at the absolute perfect time. Dawn of finals, against a finals like team with almost nothing up for grabs.
Only problem with all of this is that it's not "1 game" at all, is it? It's the same thing we've seen over and over again in the last 9 years.

Ablett plays Closer's position and Steven in for Fog? Selwood goes....hrmmmm - tough decisions coming up

Rohan - Jarvis
Stanley - Esava
Selwood - Fogarty
Ablett - Close

Steven is first emergency, I would play him ahead of Atkins, but they love him, Cannot see him combing out.

In the preview I said a big watch on Close, Rohan and Atkins as the tigers defence took it out too easily when we last played them.

Happened again, the pressure was not there. Might make it easier to have Gaz and Selwood come in now.

Almost recon we are better off not taking possession and belting it forward like they do; they have a lot of numbers forward of the ball when they do this.

Also, if we pay them again, or forward entries need to be shallower to players like Rohan, Duncan and Menegola who are good long kicks. Too much team defence early in the game if we go deep.
This will then hopefully draw the defenders away from Hawkins.
I think close was good

Based on everything I've seen.
1 game doesn't mean all that much in the grand scheme on things, if it did we'd never have won 2007, or 2009, or 2011, nor would Richmond have won last year, or even ANY Premier in recent history.
1 game means very, very little.
But what I did see was a complete breakdown of our structures both forward and back and we lost all system around the contest. We couldn't have played much worse, and those who really let us down are placeholders for far better players.
We simply were out-worked by a side that was more desperate and we played right into their hands.
If everyone wants to declare the season over and the GFC should be dissolved over 1 game then go for it, but it's just that, 1 game, and for us it's 1 game that came at the absolute perfect time. Dawn of finals, against a finals like team with almost nothing up for grabs.

Hear, hear.

If we go in unchanged and lose to Sydney, I might be worried

Around the ground Esava did ok, but going forward would of loved Jenkins there.... Come finals, Big Forwards show why there worth every dollar, that's why id like to see us give Jenkins few games in a row...
Savs a better foward. Save for kicking. Did you not see how pathetic jenkins was in the foward line against bombers? He even did an airy in the goal square for what should of been an absolute sitter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong lose to Richmond by 26 points.. but it really wasnt that close

Remove this Banner Ad

Back