Autopsy Geelong QF loses to Richmond by 51 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a Richmond fan whinging about not being given any respect. Cry me a river.

Was thinking before it was lucky we didn't play like that against someone like the Crows, Giants or Swans, or it would've been a triple figure loss. That's how bad we were that night.

I call it keeping a negative poster accountable
Id call it looking for a attitude adjustment.

PO is an incredibly well researched and knowledgable poster with an extensive history of supporting the club and calling them out on things he does not agree with.

Go easy.

GO Catters

I honestly don't think we were that bad against Richmond. I believe they played out of their skin and our f50 entries were horrible, mostly due to pressure.
It's fair to say Richmond may have caused it but we were the most fumbly that night I've ever seen, it really looked like our players were handling a bar of soap and as a team that relies on intercept marks that's not a good thing.

Pardon me if this has appeared elsewhere but had a chuckle following the interview with Mitch Duncan on ABC Melbourne yesterday. Apparently the postmortem players meeting which followed the Richmond debacle only lasted about 10 minutes. Mitch was asked what the brief discussion was about. His response was that we all needed to grow some balls. Very much to the point and quite apposite but it set poor Gerard back on his proverbial heels.

On another matter, how gutsy was it for the coach to take his most influential and clearly his best mid out of the engine room and place him the forward half in such a cut throat game. Could easily have gone pear shaped and given his detractors a field day. Kudos!

Pardon me if this has appeared elsewhere but had a chuckle following the interview with Mitch Duncan on ABC Melbourne yesterday. Apparently the postmortem players meeting which followed the Richmond debacle only lasted about 10 minutes. Mitch was asked what the brief discussion was about. His response was that we all needed to grow some balls. Very much to the point and quite apposite but it set poor Gerard back on his proverbial heels.

On another matter, how gutsy was it for the coach to take his most influential and clearly his best mid out of the engine room and place him the forward half in such a cut throat game. Could easily have gone pear shaped and given his detractors a field day. Kudos!
But in fact in the past 4 games we had one down in the midfield which left it opened 3 players- Duncan, Dangerfield and Menegola- could play at their best. It worked which is why the game against Richmond was just stupid, 4 players competing and Duncan and Mengola give way to Selwood and Dangerfield as the captain and the best player. It was so bleeding obvious that when Selwood came back in, and he should have, that he played in the forward line. So no genius coach to have the game plan he did last week just sense. Oh and playing Menzel helped a tad.

Even in the 1800's they were a bunch of whinging sooks

A lack of commitment and focused effort was holding the Tigers back. In 1896, Richmond walked off the field in a match with South Melbourne at half time when they were a long way behind on a very wet day to protest the umpiring.

The following season, the club became embroiled in a feud with umpire Allen, whom the Tigers accused of failing to curb field invasions or the illegal tactics of arch-rival North Melbourne.

When the two clubs were scheduled to meet in the 1904 VFA Grand Final, Richmond announced that they wouldn't play with Allen as umpire. The VFA called Richmond's bluff, and appointed Allen as umpire for the match, meaning that the Grand Final was scratched and North Melbourne won the premiership on forfeit.

#culture

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Geelong QF loses to Richmond by 51 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back