Review Good, bad, the gallant shat loss - R4 vs Melbourne 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it was the best we've played this year. Yay. But seriously it was
Says more about where we're at than anything else
Poor recruiting, poor game plan, poor coaching, poor skills
Petty sucks so watch us spend a first rounder on him. Likely pick 3
Don't need any mids that area is stacked. I hope we somehow get draper but no doubt he'll end up no good anyway
Sigh

I'm sick of the snail pace switches.
I'm sick of our players constantly thinking they have 5 seconds longer to dispose of it than they do.
I'm sick of opposition teams raking in the contested marks like it's nothing while we drop chest marks.
I'm sick of every opposition forward always having 2m of clearance on our defenders.
I'm sick of every forward entry going to the exact same spot to the point where I can pick a spot of grass on the TV before they even kick it and get it right most of the time.
I'm sick of watching undersized muppets getting AFL games when they wouldn't even make the ressies for most other clubs.
I'm sick of watching us stop and prop after a mark or free kick, waste 5 seconds, then just bomb it to the same spot anyway.
I'm sick of watching 3 Crows fumble the ball in a row only for the opposition to one grab it and ultimately lead to a goal.
Are you sick? I think you should see a GP

Isn’t player development part of the head coach’s role?

Did you like Caleb Windsor on the wing for Melbourne? That’s player development.

Did you like seeing kosi Pickett in centre bounces? That’s player development.

How about an afc coach back the kids in for once
It is part of it, but I would say a lot of coaches and staff have a role in player development. Not giving nicks an out. Just think or development system is poo and the main reason we can't seem to progress.

If I was tex walker I would be telling the young Josh who got in his way in the last 4 minutes you do it again I will run through you.

Absolutely killed your momentum there
Or, better yet, how about if Tex uses that big voice of his and calls Rachele out of the flipping way?
Crows' on-field communication is poor, nearly as bad as their kicking.

Isn’t player development part of the head coach’s role?

Did you like Caleb Windsor on the wing for Melbourne? That’s player development.

Did you like seeing kosi Pickett in centre bounces? That’s player development.

How about an afc coach back the kids in for once
Player development is the job of the development coaches. It's right there in their name.

You think Melbourne have been developing Windsor really well in the ... four games he's played for them?

Poor skills, slow ball movement, bombing long to no one… your 2024 Adelaide Crows. What a disaster.

-I like Crouch but he was part of the problem tonight. He looked great last season when he came back into the side and he could play his niche role in a team that was playing fast instinctive football.

- Laird was shit. Expect him to be in the side every game for the next 3 seasons regardless of form because that’s how we roll.

- Parnell and McHenry are not AFL footballers and they never will be.

- ROB isn’t a footballer in general. How can someone get a 2 million TER but not be able to kick a drop punt is beyond me. At his height you’d think over the course of 4 quarters he could catch a football atleast once.

- Michalanney was horrible. Had an absolute nightmare.

We are miles off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the point of having Crouch in the team if he's attending only half the CBAs and spends a third of the time off the ground, when he also is only capable of 107 metres gained when played largely outside the core midfield?

I think late in the 3rd quarter when the game was being lost, Ch7 cut to Nicks and Burns looking seriously at a laptop screen.
Nicks:
"See, those little vertical lines are like bats that you move up and down on the sides, to "hit" that little circle from side to side. It's called PONG".
Burns:
"Wow! I might be able to use that strategy with our forwards". :rolleyes::rolleyes: :drunk::drunk:

Think Jones should go back to the back pocket

Milera gone, Parnell doesn't look up to it to me.

Jones isn't a polished outside player. Doesn't give us any shape or width. Not a natural wingman.

He is quick, he is tough, crashes in. We need a small defender who can play on guys like Pickett. Single minded, determined, disciplined.
Jones can’t AFL

Looked really good in the first qtr. Would love to know the time on ground by qtr.
You can find this in the stats in the AFL app.

For Cook it was 72%, 56%, 50%, 46%. So less time each quarter. Not sure how much we can read into that honestly, could be fitness, could be performance related, who knows. Got a decent amount of time on the ground in the first half.

Laird had quite low ToG in later quarters as well, just 52% in the last. I'm guessing because of Berry coming on as the sub and Soligo being in the middle a lot as well.

Sorry for intruding.

I’ve mentioned Dawson too much already tonight (own him in SC) and I know he’s been down on form but I’ve never seen a coach who has a 191cm midfield gun dominate a first quarter (5 CP) then get chucked forward and seem to play on the outside to accommodate Laird and Crouch and the bulldozers. Beggars belief. Only had 3 more CP’s for the rest of the game.

He’s also one of your most creative kicks, where is the option to play him behind the ball which has been used so effectively before? Was stuck in the goal square when Dees kicked two late in the second which ultimately cost you the game.

Never ever ever been so frustrated watching your games and this is as an opposition supporter.
Welcome, we have this to contend with every week

Shat: Continual skill errors, multiple players were pretty dreadful. Michalanney had probably his worst game so far, Keays and McHenry were awful, Hinge didn't seem to contribute much. O'Brien was dreadful again.
Parnell. Another scrawny kid.
Perhaps should have been recruited post-puberty?

Parnell. Another scrawny kid.
Perhaps should have been recruited post-puberty?
At one stage on the wing he just gave up on the marking contest as he had no chance. Just chose to let the bloke mark and hold him up.
We are seriously dumb

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good, bad, the gallant shat loss - R4 vs Melbourne 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back