Review Good/Bad v Dead Rubber, Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Good point. Great intercept player but his disposal has plenty of room for improvement at the moment.

Laird attempts to put the ball into orbit with many of his chip passes

Watched the game again in full. What I learned:
1. Eagles played out of their skin. Mcgovern and Hurn killed us. That was their grand final. Best game they have played in probably 12 months. Pathetic club, port adelaide of perth. Port will pance them next week and port are shit.
2. Some discraceful cheating umpiring. Free kick on eddie betts for holding the ball when he clearly hanballed it was pathetic. Same goes for the douglas free kick on cripps.
3. Our worst game all year. Up there wiith nth melbourne and hawthorn game. Turned up in the 4th quarter but too late by then.
4. Our defence without Talia is not a premiership defence. Same goes for Walker if not in our forward line.
5. Milera is not in our best 22.
6. Mackay, Knight, Cameron need to lift. Laird needs to find some composure real fast.
7. When our disposal is poor we generally lose.
8. Betts needs to find confidence as he is not looking happy out there. His goal kicking from set shots is currently poor.
9.Atkins is not doing enough, form has dropped and probably time for him to perform or bye bye.
10. Lever, we know your going. Manup and start playing for the team as you are starting to look like a selfish player out there.
11. Coaches need to decide is it keath or hartigan for finals. Both have problems. For me hartigan is a good avrerage player. Gives up goals but keath has a lack of confidence at times. Keath the smarter player and gets the nod from me.
12. Not a good effort but if we win week 1 of finals all will be forgotten.
13.Dogs lost badly round 23 last year. Bring on finals.
14. Huddo is an annoying pest of a commentator. True geelong flog along with his mate dwayne. Glad i dont have to hear these idiots anymore this year.

Last edited:

Its shows how bad we are with Talia. Any idiot that said Lever is more important is crazy.
Walker also hurt as JJ had the best defender and offered nothing.
Keath is not good enough at the moment
CC is poor
Atkins is the worst of the lot, i cant remember him doing anything good at all today.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Atkins is so frustrating. Looked like a future A grader earlier in the season. Still moving in traffic well but has somehow forgotten to kick and is even softer than Milera.

Burnt the ball something chronic

Can't believe anyone is questioning Seed's game. Arguably our best player. Has to be in the side for finals. Most would say Cameron out, I'd drop Knight. Has offered nothing for about two months.
Knight was poor but Atkins has been worse the last 2 weeks. Was invisible in the 2nd half yesterday. Your right seed played well but needs to tackle with more ferocity. Needs some angry pills and show some hardness at the ball carrier.

Last edited:
Watched the game again in full. What I learned:
1. Eagles played out of their skin. Mcgovern and Hurn killed us. That was their grand final. Best game they have played in probably 12 months. Pathetic club, port adelaide of perth. Port will pance them next week and port are shit.

Harsh words, extremely harsh words.

Port are a steaming pile of horseshit and the worst top 8 team this year, while we're probably your WA equivalent. I get you're upset, but no need to get carried away

Harsh words, extremely harsh words.

Port are a steaming pile of horseshit and the worst top 8 team this year, while we're probably your WA equivalent. I get you're upset, but no need to get carried away
Probably a bit harsh. Just wondering why you left it to the last game of the year to put in a 4 quarter effort. Just think you have underperformed all year and are lucky to have scrapped in. Probably dirty i lost money on melbourne yesterday. That's a pathetic club. Good luck next week.

Burnt the ball something chronic

Can't believe anyone is questioning Seed's game. Arguably our best player. Has to be in the side for finals. Most would say Cameron out, I'd drop Knight. Has offered nothing for about two months.

Yeah, B. Crouch - 43 Disposals, 2 Clangers, 83.3% Disposal Efficiency.

R. Sloane - 38 Disposals, 4 Clangers, 71.1% Disposal Efficiency.
M. Crouch - 45 Disposals, 2 Clangers, 71.1% Disposal Efficiency.

Fair Dinkum........It's a Self-Fulfilling Prophercy with some of you blokes.

Knight was poor but Atkins has been worse the last 2 weeks. Was invisible in the 2nd half yesterday. Your right seed played well but needs to tackle with more ferocity. Needs some angry pills and show some hardness at the ball carrier.
Oh I 100% agree Atkins was worse but he is a walk up start when playing well (which to be fair he isn't). Knight would never be picked earlier than 21st or 22nd. Also I feel we might get more out of Cameron if he plays in Knight's role.

Keath, Milera and Knight out for me. But I wouldn't be upset with Mackay, Atkins or Cameron out instead of Knight.

I think Keath has the potential to be better than Hartigan in time, maybe as soon as next year, but he just loses too many one on ones at the moment

Yeah, B. Crouch - 43 Disposals, 2 Clangers, 83.3% Disposal Efficiency.

R. Sloane - 38 Disposals, 4 Clangers, 71.1% Disposal Efficiency.
M. Crouch - 45 Disposals, 2 Clangers, 71.1% Disposal Efficiency.

Fair Dinkum........It's a Self-Fulfilling Prophercy with some of you blokes.
Whoa whoa whoa I love me a bit of B Crouch. And I was actually talking about the lot of them. That DE number does seem fishy though. I didn't think he used it well by foot.

Sloane and Laird actually annoy me the most. AA players who have more than enough ability to hit the target in the forward 50. But revert to up an under far too often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We achieved everything we needed to from essentially a meaningless game. It was basically dealt with as a dress rehearsal for our outside players, with Seedsman coming out on top in timely fashion.

Got some good rest into our two most important players.

No injuries.

Just quietly I think the Don will not be displeased that the eagles found a way into finals ;)

Laird needs to use other players with his hands instead of bombing the ball into opposition players continually. I understand you need to clear it when there is no other option but he needs to show more composure.
Agree. His hack kicks are annoying and hospital bombs.

Good:

No injuries! Milera looked quick.

Hartigan was excellent on Kennedy. We missed him a bit more than we thought.

Seedsmans cannon of a right foot. Collingwood struggle of half back and they traded him- idiots

Crouch brothers and sloane hitting form.

Bad:
WTF Jenkins. Play like that in a final and I will duct tape you to a pole.

Ugly:

Nothing. Were 1st. Have our bunnies first up and Geelong have to play at their opponents home ground. Aaaaand we make port play a team who they havent beaten at home in years.

On LG-D855 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ugly:
Nothing. Were 1st. Have our bunnies first up and Geelong have to play at their opponents home ground. Aaaaand we make port play a team who they havent beaten at home in years.
Yep, all four good points. Not concerned about CC's poor form though?
Bloody funny post, made my morning. :D :thumbsu:

I thought it was a good hit out without 3 very important players.

Umpiring was diabolical, the rest of the league can be happy that no finals will be played at that ground.

I think West Coast might trouble Power more than Melbourne would have.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

We threw the kitchen sink and you guys coasted the whole way through. And the game was that close still. You will be hard to stop this September...
You will have plenty of extra support next week as well when you knock off our wharfies.

I don't care if it was a "dead rubber" I hate losing! and the way we played was terrible! I cant remember the last time a team losing their last 2 minor round games in a reason and going on to win the flag....
We cant take Keath, Cameron & Milera into finals! noway!! get them out!

I hope that we wear the right stops this week. There was far too much very embarrassing slipping over in the Subi match. Hartigan's costly one was very laughable and expensive, but not necessarily his fault.

While I am at it, what's with the explosion in ankle injuries in recent times? Is it due to the skimpy boots worn these days? Time to go back to the old high lace-ups?

Frustrating recent performances.

Why is it that so often as the Crows enter the f50 with a controlled kick to half forward space, that as the pill leaves the boot we can look upfield and PICK the opposition (sometimes loose) defender who the kick is seemingly meant for and who does in fact mark the ball ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Dead Rubber, Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back