• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Also if someone is out there with an injury and you know about it, you are obliged to test it out.

Anyone thinking this doesn’t happen is living in a fantasy land or has never played competitive sport.
Absolutely if the go into the game with it, not sure if they just cop it and heading off.

Is it time to talk about Sloane yet?

He's a great warrior and one of my all time favourites, but we can't keep hiding the fact that the game has gone past him.
He had 3 kicks on the weekend. 3. He played midfield and had 127m gained. He's become Matt Crouch.
It's also very noticeable that he's giving away a lot of free kicks because he can't keep up with his opponents.
It's an issue and one the coaches need to find a way to deal with.
No..

We are not allowed to talk about the the precious senior players with that let us down around here..

All fury must be directed towards the youth only.. especially the ones in the forward line that have to try and deal with the rushed garbage forward entry kicks from said senior players!

Sloane will get another year or two.. and you watch.. We’ll all get told by the senior players fan club in here that “he’ll mainly be playing SANFL though”… until the R1 team is anounced and he’s named on the field.. then they’ll go quiet.

Good: they sell Cherry Coca Cola at a cafe in Cannes, haven’t had one in about 5 years! Bring it back to Aus!
Available at either woolies or coles .Not with the drinks , with international foods. Think it is just over 2 dollars a can. Also sometimes at Costco but not sure as I am no longer a member.

No..

We are not allowed to talk about the the precious senior players with that let us down around here..

All fury must be directed towards the youth only.. especially the ones in the forward line that have to try and deal with the rushed garbage forward entry kicks from said senior players!

Sloane will get another year or two.. and you watch.. We’ll all get told by the senior players fan club in here that “he’ll mainly be playing SANFL though”… until the R1 team is anounced and he’s named on the field.. then they’ll go quiet.
Are there that many posters that are actually defending Sloane’s impact at this point, though?

No..

The Sloane selection question is one of the most discussed topics on this board...

The Sloane selection question is one of the most discussed topics on this board...
Really?..

Dont see much talk about it on selection night when the 22 is released and his name is inevitably on it.

Most focuses on sholl, murph, milera (until he started playing well 3-4 rounds ago).. some have suggested hinge bewilderingly.. in recent weeks a couple have ludicrously suggested rachele needs to go back to the sanfl.. soligo has copped some unwarrented calls for ommission just cause he has had a quiet game or two here and there..

Sloane has a golden ticket. You try telling sloane he’s gotta go play in the sanfl!

Good: Kicking 7 goals in a row with scintillating football was just amazing, we get glimpses now and then of what we can actually do as a side.
Play like this against Essendon and Melbourne in Victoria coming and we can win those games.
Actually changing the way we play and learning on the trot is excellent.
Its frustrating but we are going to be a good side and win those games soon enough, the gap between our best and worst will tighten.
Tex leading the Coleman, where would we be without him?!
Amazing what pressure does to a side, the confident, elite looking Pies turned to a shivering wreck in Q3, like what we were in Q2.

Bad:
Making Darcy Cameron look like an AA ruckman pairs with making Ratugolea look like an AA defender. Like a $3 bottle of wine matched with Aldi cheese slices somehow tasting amazing.
First half, hacking the ball long at every opportunity in an absolute panic. Collingwood read it so easily.

I can cop losing to the best side in the comp at their home ground by 2 points. Were fairly young and this will fuel the rage and determination.

Most of the non-calls and bad calls can be fixed with the players learning to exaggerate the contact.

It’s part of the game now.

Any contact over the shoulder our near the head - throw your head back and grab your face.

Any kick off the ground that comes close to your hands - grab your hands and hold it, then shake it with a whinge on your face.

Any body contact in a marking contest - throw your arms above your head and leap forward with a slight bend in your torso.

Any missed 50m opportunities, grab the nearest 250+ game player and explain to the umpires what they should do.

We just need to train harder at the right things.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an example of the atrocious umpiring bias, I recall an incident in the second or third quarter when a Crows player tackled a Collingwood player and it was a ball-up, and mere seconds later a Collingwood player tackled one of ours in identical circumstances and it was paid holding the ball. It's extremely inconsistent, yet predictable - the home side gets the frees, especially when it's Victorian but not when the home side is us.

And that is what the AFC should point out - all with a minute or two.

For once, pay the bloody fine and let Nicks vent. We have to stop these inconsistencies.

And that is what the AFC should point out - all with a minute or two.

For once, pay the bloody fine and let Nicks vent. We have to stop these inconsistencies.
Eddie and Kennet would come out swinging in their days and the AFL would just take it and perhaps do a quiet change . Olsen should be the one in the spotlight.

Eddie and Kennet would come out swinging in their days and the AFL would just take it and perhaps do a quiet change . Olsen should be the one in the spotlight.

I don’t give a shit who does the venting but somebody has to say something - it is ****ing ridiculous.

And yet we get a big +ve net free kick count against the witches hats. Who ****ing cares!

I was absolutely ropeable after the game at the ground - just as I was after the 2009SF against this mob.

I don’t give a s*t who does the venting but somebody has to say something - it is ****** ridiculous.

And yet we get a big +ve net free kick count against the witches hats. Who ******* cares!

I was absolutely ropeable after the game at the ground - just as I was after the 2009SF against this mob.
Has anyone from our club actually said anything? The AFL went to 4 umpires, and nothing has changed. They just have diluted the pool of good umpires.

Doesn't even have eyes on the ball...

Elliot knew full well he had to do whatever to stop that mark. Essentially a Hail Mary hit.

If he didn't whack him, Dawson takes an easy chest mark. So if he gives away the free, same outcome.

Exactly why such a free should be paid

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
No he doesn’t ‘take an easy chest mark’ as the ball was on the bounce into the forward line, not on the full. Have you even watched it?

Ok mum.

We’ve lost a crucial game which would have been huge for our club, identifying the weakness in our list is pretty important I would have thought.
Identifying weaknesses is one thing, constantly
I think the AFL will want to move past it, but I reckon there's a small but not insignificant chance Keays gets a 1-match ban. Interfering with a player's equipment sometimes draws a fine (it's usually just a free kick, so lucky no umpire spotted it yesterday.) Targeting a players preexisting injury is usually just a fine assuming no significant damage is done, and it's easy to see how this incident could be seen as such.

Both in the same incident though could be trouble.
Yep agreed - I think he could be in trouble. I reckon Nicksy will 'have a word in private' with him - and if it was me he'd get a damn good clip around the ear. You don't interfere with people's prescribed equipment - even if it is Mason. Will be interesting to see if the MRO has anything to say about it - won't surprise me if he does.

I don’t give a s*t who does the venting but somebody has to say something - it is ****** ridiculous.

And yet we get a big +ve net free kick count against the witches hats. Who ******* cares!

Not that it will do anything but I emailed tje club today and had a vent about their lack of venting. Now if only we could coordinate it.

Sloane has a golden ticket. You try telling sloane he’s gotta go play in the sanfl!

One thing we don’t talk about enough is the five-year, $4 million contract the club gave him in mid-2018.

We know (and knew) that the club was completely deluded about both its people and where it sat in the pecking order back then.

If someone had’ve told the club it was about to miss the eight five years on the trot, do we think that contract would’ve been written?

This is nothing against Rory btw. I like him.

But this is just another bill the club is still paying off from an era of rank incompetence.

Is it time to talk about Sloane yet?

He's a great warrior and one of my all time favourites, but we can't keep hiding the fact that the game has gone past him.
He had 3 kicks on the weekend. 3. He played midfield and had 127m gained. He's become Matt Crouch.
It's also very noticeable that he's giving away a lot of free kicks because he can't keep up with his opponents.
It's an issue and one the coaches need to find a way to deal with.

Al good points it's his defensive side that stings us. He just can't keep up when we turn the ball over against the good teams.

Assume gastro, or IBS from physical exertion.

That’s elite/endurance sport for you, similar to throwing up, just gotta get on with it. Far more common than you’d think, unfortunate in the white shorts though.
Happens to distance runners frequently. Happily not to this one.....so far.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Collingwood

Back