• Patrick Parnell

• Brodie Smith

• Lachlan Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He still can't hit the side of a barn door, from 2 paces, when the big sticks are in his mind.

Field kicking, I will agree, has shown recent improvement.
His field kicking in general play is good..

his field kicking when streaming towards the forward 50 is his problem.. and his kicking for goal is D-grade levels of bad.

the problem he has is his mind races 100 times faster than his talent and skills can handle.. and he just blows it all up and results in wild kicks and handballs and terrible sprays at goal.

he’s been great for the rebuild.. but the time to move on has arrived.

I’ve watched two geelong games this year..

ours and the suns game.

I don‘t watch geelong that often..

but I do remember thinking when miers first emerged a few years back now “how the fxxk do geelong continually find all these good players”..

he kicked 28 goals in his first year.. and has slowly dropped down into the early teens each year ever since.

murphy‘s best is 19 in a season but he’s had 9 twice with 7 being his lowest.

thats poor for a bloke who’s a small forward.

but like I said.. is there anyone in geelongs seconds that should come in for miers?.. can you suggest anyone?
Suggesting anyone to come in for him isn’t the point, it’s that that type of non-goalkicking forward can work well in a really good side. Miers works as a high half forward for the reigning premiers, why can’t Murphy and Keays for us?

It’s not really a highly necessary position to upgrade for the off-season, moreso than, say, another high-level mid or a more attacking KPD. But if a talent comes along for the right price, sure

This week's On The Couch he said Adelaide would definitely play finals and would give top 4 a shake. Definitely rates the current form.

Robbo said we can win the flag, we're like the Baby Bombers of 1993.

Perhaps we should focus on the next couple of games first.

Bucks is probably the best analyst of the game at the minute
Hope he stays in the media as great to listen to & better at it than coaching. Looks happier too.

Montagna I like too.

This week's On The Couch he said Adelaide would definitely play finals and would give top 4 a shake. Definitely rates the current form.
Robbo must be on the piss as he thinks we can win the flag this year baby Bombers style.

I switched off after then as need to calm the farm.

Robbo said we can win the flag, we're like the Baby Bombers of 1993.

Perhaps we should focus on the next couple of games first.
Yeah. Next couple of games will tell us a lot. Could very easily lose both of them as the Dogs away will be very tough and Brisbane are easily a top 4 side right now. That won't be a huge knock on the side given it's still a very young group but should certainly put talk of top four and so on to bed.

If it's two wins, fair enough, time to get excited.

I think we could win a final. That's probably it.
Yes, that would be a good outcome.

Imo, we don't have enough experience to win the flag.

But we are playing exciting football & tracking the right direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

murphy‘s best is 19 in a season but he’s had 9 twice with 7 being his lowest.

thats poor for a bloke who’s a small forward.

but like I said.. is there anyone in geelongs seconds that should come in for miers?.. can you suggest anyone?
Very different role for Murphy. In previous seasons, especially until the end of 2021, he mostly played as a (fairly poor) small forward. He's played a lot more around the midfield and half forward this year, and all his stats are up except goals and tackles, since he's playing further from goal. In particular he's getting more of the ball, particularly more uncontested ball, and winning more clearances. His role is really not to kick goals - his attempts on goal are also down 50% from this time last year.

His pressure game is easily the best at our club, and I think you're underrating that a lot. It's just not true that you can easily get someone else to come in and do that just as well as Murphy. If you made a compilation of the best chases/tackles/smothers for the club for the season I reckon half of them would be Murphy. Lifts the whole side.

He is also a nice kick inside 50, as evidenced by his goal assists record. Will never be a superstar but I reckon he'd be top 10 in the B&F at this stage, nowhere near losing his spot.

I didn’t see any of it live, and knew we won before watching, which changes how you see things. That said:

GOOD
Nicks running TT as starting ruck. Didn’t produce much but it’s a welcome sign he’s still focussed on development.
Pedlar had some great moments.
Some great kicking, ball movement in general was good.
McHenry did all you could hope for as a late sub.
All played well.

BAD
Saints made a lot of bad mistakes. I know they’ve been going well but they weren’t that tough an opponent yesterday.
Thilthorpe’s knee. This seems to happen to him a bit. I wonder if he just has loose knees.
Rachele still has the yips
Bad luck to whoever makes way for Murray and/or Worrell this week

UGLY
Dunno - crowd?

good - coaches votes all went to our lads

Adelaide v St Kilda​

8 Brodie Smith (ADEL)
8 Taylor Walker (ADEL)
5 Wayne Milera (ADEL)
5 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
2 Luke Pedlar (ADEL)
1 Chayce Jones (ADEL)
1 Izak Rankine (ADEL)

At the ground I thought he used it well. Won’t see the replay for a couple more days but will watch for it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I only watched the reply but wasn’t specifically looking for his disposal was just a gut feel after the game.
However I did see a clip on 360 where he should have got done holding the ball but tex swooped and kicked a goal, wonder if that was called a goal assist.

Agreed. The last 20 seconds of the Collingwood game springs to mind also. Needs to do the team thing. He's only very young, so hope he can iron this out.
Actually on seeing the replay, I think we were a bit harsh...don't think he really had the time to get it over the top to TT after all....

So.. maybe you can explain it then B&B..

why is there any difference in what player 1 did compared to player 2? (in my example above).

both players were involved in the handball chain that resulted in player 3 kicking a goal.

player 1‘s possession gets called a “score involvement“ and player 2 a “goal assist”

someone a few comments back claimed it was cause the last play before the goal is somehow harder.. I’d love to see how thats been worked out!.

ease up on the insults, thats the easy option, and instead give us your thoughts.

i reckon when you think a bit about it there’s no real way you cant come to a similar conclusion than I have.. that its a load of utter horseshit.

Maybe because the earlier possession still relies on others making a good possession to get to the end result of a goal.

Score involvements also includes points whereas obviously goal assists don’t.

So the stat gets separated

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think we can all agree is our overall team development has moved quicker than we expected and no coincidence that a number of players have reached the 50+ game mark and amazing how injection of two “A” graders into the side.

Our first round picks - Milera, Fogarty, Jones, Thilthorpe, Pedlar, Rachele, Michalanney, Rankine - not a bad group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs St Kilda, R9 2023

Back