Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Should Hawks Be Punished?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They've beaten or seriously tested every team besides Geelong and Sydney this season (okay I didn't fact check this, but it feels like it).

If they can avoid those sides, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to win 4 straight finals to claim a flag.

They've beaten or seriously tested every team besides Geelong and Sydney this season (okay I didn't fact check this, but it feels like it).

If they can avoid those sides, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to win 4 straight finals to claim a flag.
They're ****ing good.

Fast footy has been killing it since 2017 and no one is playing as consistently quick as the Hawks.

The aim should be for 9-11 wins and in that area with teams pushing for finals. Rather than bottom 3 where wins are a nice bonus but nothing more. The list is good enough already for that to be a realistic aim.
Safe to say they've exceeded expectations and are a year ahead of where most neutral optimists would've had them on the development curve.

WalshistheGOAT time for baby to come in and have some medicine. You said an all time choke job would be required for Carlton to lose to Hawthorn.

"Injuries" will be your cry, but Hawthorn were thumping the Blues well before the effects of a diminished bench were in effect.
You really are a special man.

Why would I be blaming injuries for a Carlton side who looked as woeful as they have for 6 weeks now before those injuries occurred? Can't speak for the 2nd half but the Blues have been hopeless since the GWS game, still don't think the Hawks have any chance of doing damage come finals regardless of our dreadful form

Queen Latifah Equalizer GIF by CBS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne and GC in the first 5 weeks as well

This Sydney team now we wouldn't be scared of either

You really are a special man.

Why would I be blaming injuries for a Carlton side who looked as woeful as they have for 6 weeks now before those injuries occurred? Can't speak for the 2nd half but the Blues have been hopeless since the GWS game, still don't think the Hawks have any chance of doing damage come finals regardless of our dreadful form
So it was an almighty choke job? You can also simply acknowledge the opposition, who it appears you greatly underestimated. Why so bullish heading into this match when the form lines of the sides differed greatly?

They're a relatively young side without too many "old heads" in their best group of players. There's no reason to believe Carlton are closer to a premiership than Hawthorn are.

Melbourne and GC in the first 5 weeks as well

This Sydney team now we wouldn't be scared of either
True, the first part of the season Hawthorn were a bit out of sorts at times in amongst the encouraging performances at others. No team would be confident against them playing the way they are now. A young side with a lot of finals debutants might get stage fright before breaking through, but how many teams are there in the top 8 that would punish them? It's a weak field this year.

So it was an almighty choke job? You can also simply acknowledge the opposition, who it appears you greatly underestimated. Why so bullish heading into this match when the form lines of the sides differed greatly?

They're a relatively young side without too many "old heads" in their best group of players. There's no reason to believe Carlton are closer to a premiership than Hawthorn are.
When people remember this season they'll talk about Carlton choking their run home to finals, so yes I call it an almighty choke job over anything else. I don't rate the Hawks whatsoever, just as I don't rate Geelong. They are making up the numbers while the Blues are imploding

When people remember this season they'll talk about Carlton choking their run home to finals, so yes I call it an almighty choke job over anything else. I don't rate the Hawks whatsoever, just as I don't rate Geelong. They are making up the numbers while the Blues are imploding
...And neither supporter base cares, they don't need to be rated.

Any success this year for both Hawks & Cats fans is just a welcome bonus.

The media and opposition supporters didn't expect anything out of either club. A lot of their own supporters didn't either. It's a free throw at the stumps.

Carlton on the other hand....

No they won't. They will remember Hawthorns amazing run. No one remembers shit teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Back