Preview Hawthorn v Melbourne - MCG, 9 August 2014, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll just have to check with Tim Watson about that.
On the broadcast last weekend, he didn't think that Brian was any certainty to come straight back in the side. o_O
Tim needs to put the crack pipe down.

Only 30 minutes earlier he was saying how we'd squeeze someone out to slide Lake straight back in.

IN

• Isaac Smith,
  • Sam Mitchell,
  • Billy Hartung
OUT

• Alex Woodward (Omitted),
  • Jack Gunston (Knee),
  • Angus Litherland (Omitted)

What do people think about the idea that Clarko is using the omission of fringe players to motivate them even more and get the best out of them? We've seen it with Sewell, Langford, Simpkin, McEvoy, Ceglar, Hale (still waiting to see his best), Duryea, now Lithers ...

Clarko is a genius and I'm sure he's having very detailed conversations behind the scenes with the boys who are being dropped. I highly doubt they only find out about their omission when Clarko reads out the team sheet over the oranges break at Thursday training!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Cegs for that matter
I can understand Ceglar not getting called up, they want to give Hale some game time. I believe the coaching panel thinks he still is the better option

But no Sewell? We need to get some game time in him. A hard body, proven finals/big time performer, needs to get some games under his belt before we hit finals

Make Joffa sub again and give Billy a full game

Think Simpkin may start this week as an inside mid with Billy the sub. That is unless Hill or Smith are a late omission.

Duryea looked good in the midfield but with Liquor dropped/rested he may slot in down back.

Schoey must perform this week otherwise he most likely makes way when Lake returns.

Competition for spots will be fierce over the next few weeks so I reckon we will see fringe players like Spang, Simpkin, Langers, Duryea, Billy, Hale (on current form) and Schoey play with lots of desperation.

Anything other than a 8-10 goal win will be disappointing given our need to boost our percentage.

Full team....

B: Duryea Gibson Spangher
HB: Hodge Stratton Birchall
C: Smith Mitchell Suckling
HF: Hill Schoenmakers Breust
F: Puopolo Roughead Lewis
Foll: McEvoy Burgoyne Shiels
Interchange: Hale Simpkin Hartung Langford

In: Smith, Mitchell, Hartung
Out: Gunston (knee), Litherland (omitted), Woodward (omitted)

Emergencies: Litherland, Woodward, Ceglar

Not too surprising about Lithers - Duryea and him are playing for the same spot, and Doc had a huge first half last week. One of the best I've seen him play. So deserving of staying in.

Lithers didn't play badly. It's just a result of having an extremely competitive squad for positions at the minute.

Full team....

B: Duryea Gibson Spangher
HB: Hodge Stratton Birchall
C: Smith Mitchell Suckling
HF: Hill Schoenmakers Breust
F: Puopolo Roughead Lewis
Foll: McEvoy Burgoyne Shiels
Interchange: Hale Simpkin Hartung Langford

In: Smith, Mitchell, Hartung
Out: Gunston (knee), Litherland (omitted), Woodward (omitted)

Emergencies: Litherland, Woodward, Ceglar

IMO there is only 2 positions for Litherland, Duryea and Stratton. I am a big Stratts fan - but would mind seeing him under the pump. Seems to do well under pressure.

We are just giving our best and most important players a rest before an intense finals run.

Hence why ol' mate Gus is having a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back