Roast Herald Sun | Paywall starts here

Remove this Banner Ad

The Looney family opens it's big ugly mouth again.

"It's not as if she swore at him." Joanne told 3AW. "She had no idea that that was what he was called at high school, so that’s a big part of it I think as well. I think Adam still has a few problems about what’s happened in his childhood."

2008 "The peak group representing Indian Australians says it is surprised the term "monkey" directed at Australian cricketer Andrew Symonds has been viewed as racist."

2009 "Channel Nine is investigating complaints that controversial star Sam Newman made a racist slur on the AFL Footy Show. Newman held up a photo of a 107-year-old Malaysian woman on The Footy Show last week and called her new husband a monkey. After panellist Brendan Fevola tried to rein Newman in, saying "You can't call him a monkey", the former ruckman reiterated his comments, saying the man was "not long out of the forest". ABC show Media Watch yesterday labelled Newman's comments as "pure racism".
2010 "UEFA is waiting for match reports from the officials for Liverpool's Europa League qualifying game against FK Rabotnicki, where there were claims of racist chants from the Macedonian fans. It emerged that the Rabotnicki fans appeared to be directing their "monkey taunts" at Liverpool players, such as Ngog and teenager David Amoo."
2011 "A top California Tea Party and GOP leader refuses to quit after sending a racist email with a photo depicting Obama as a monkey in a family portrait. Marilyn Davenport has described her racist email with the above photo as “just an Internet joke,” saying, “Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black. Besides, I only sent it to a few people—mostly people I didn’t think would be upset by it.”

2012 "Liverpool supporter Phillip Gannon was filmed directing racist taunts toward Manchester United defender Patrice Evra during an FA Cup clash in January and will be sentenced on Friday. TV footage captured on the father of five, who hails from Barmouth, Wales, impersonating a monkey in the direction of the Old Trafford left-back. Gannon claimed he was impersonating a Neanderthal and pleaded not guilty. However, after a two-day trial at Liverpool Magistrates Court, he was convicted of the offence. Rob Girvan, prosecuting “It was clearly a racist gesture.”
2013 (a couple of weeks ago) "Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba has criticised racist Fenerbahce fans who bombarded him and fellow Ivorian Emmanuel Eboue with monkey chants when the two sides met last weekend. Drogba and Eboue were whistled at by sections of the Fenerbahce fans, some of whom also waved bananas in the penultimate match of the Turkish league."

There's one thing about Goodes, if you sledge him, he plays better.

Some ppl (Looney) just need a punch in the face.

Eddie McHypocrite strikes again (along with the Daily Filth that tried to hide the news in a tiny article away from the sports pages which have no mention of racism, but have a lovely advertisement for Heath "What's the truth?" Shaw who is selling his house).

26 May
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...und/story-e6frf3e3-1226650784178#.UaPhPtiIxf0
A Magpies spokesman said if the man was a Collingwood member and the club was able to identify him, he would have his membership cancelled in line with the club's zero tolerance policy to racism. If he's not a Collingwood member, while the club would still condemn the man's actions, they don't have the power to sanction him.
28 May
"Collingwood Football Club have spoken to a man who racially abused Sydney players ... a Collingwood member. He would participate in education and counselling, the club said."
The filth talked a big game, and baulked at the first hurdle.

Eddie McHypocrite strikes again (along with the Daily Filth that tried to hide the news in a tiny article away from the sports pages which have no mention of racism, but have a lovely advertisement for Heath "What's the truth?" Shaw who is selling his house).

26 May
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...und/story-e6frf3e3-1226650784178#.UaPhPtiIxf0
A Magpies spokesman said if the man was a Collingwood member and the club was able to identify him, he would have his membership cancelled in line with the club's zero tolerance policy to racism. If he's not a Collingwood member, while the club would still condemn the man's actions, they don't have the power to sanction him.
28 May
"Collingwood Football Club have spoken to a man who racially abused Sydney players ... a Collingwood member. He would participate in education and counselling, the club said."
The filth talked a big game, and baulked at the first hurdle.

... yet if you call Krakouer a "criminal", he'll blow a gasket, call for security & phone Andrew Demetriou demanding something must be done to protect the players from abuse....

Eddie McHypocrite of the highest order

Eddie McHypocrite of the highest order

Again the hypocrite has given a peek at what he really thinks (instead of this well thought out fascade and publicity machine):

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...over-adam-goodes/story-fnca0u4y-1226652825692

Eddie McGuire has dropped a clanger on Melbourne radio, suggesting it would be a good idea to get Adam Goodes in town to promote the new King Kong musical.

The comment came while McGuire was speaking with co-host Luke Darcy.

Darcy was talking about the new musical. "What a great promo that is, for King Kong," he said.

To which McGuire replied: "Get Adam Goodes down for it, d'you reckon?"

Darcy "No, I wouldn't have thought so," (later saying "not sure where you were going there")

Again the hypocrite has given a peek at what he really thinks (instead of this well thought out fascade and publicity machine):

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...over-adam-goodes/story-fnca0u4y-1226652825692

Eddie McGuire has dropped a clanger on Melbourne radio, suggesting it would be a good idea to get Adam Goodes in town to promote the new King Kong musical.

The comment came while McGuire was speaking with co-host Luke Darcy.

Darcy was talking about the new musical. "What a great promo that is, for King Kong," he said.

To which McGuire replied: "Get Adam Goodes down for it, d'you reckon?"

Darcy "No, I wouldn't have thought so," (later saying "not sure where you were going there")

Its a pretty wishy washy subject.
If someone in the crowd had called Fraser Gehrig a "big ape" would there have been a problem. ( cmon he had the look ). Mind you he might have thrown a plastic chair at them.

Its a pretty wishy washy subject.
If someone in the crowd had called Fraser Gehrig a "big ape" would there have been a problem. ( cmon he had the look ). Mind you he might have thrown a plastic chair at them.

Not really. Goodes runs like a gazelle and has a prototype build for a player. There is no reasonable context for the comment.

306884_263846416968868_1439775274_n.jpg
Gehrig.jpg

"St Kilda full-forward Fraser Gehrig will have counselling and be fined up to $5000 by his club after urinating on a woman in a bayside hotel this week."

I still laugh at the chair and his dare to the Freo player to punch him on his broken hand. But clearly he was at least neanderthal (one step more evolved than Nicholas Cage - seen below on the long lead).

images

What's the story behind the broken hand?

Frase had a broken bone in his hand & Fremantle player Antoni Grover insisted on trying to bump & hit it any chance he got (think Steven Baker chasing around Steve Johnson). So annoyed was Frase, that at one stage during the match Fraser just held out the hand & basically dared him to hit it again & to see what would happen after... Classic

Frase had a broken bone in his hand & Fremantle player Antoni Grover insisted on trying to bump & hit it an chance he got (think Steven Baker chasing around Steve Johnson). So annoyed was Frase, that at one stage during the match Fraser just held out the hand & basically dared him to hit it again & to see what would happen after... Classic
Classic Frase. He'd probably take on a Silverback Gorilla in a fist fight without a moment of hesitation.

A Magpies spokesman said if the man was a Collingwood member and the club was able to identify him, he would have his membership cancelled in line with the club's zero tolerance policy to racism.

I believe the man in this next incident has been identified as Eddie McGuire.

Side by side they stick together.

For a seemingly intelligent guy who is relentless on any people outside Collingwood who slip up, let's not forget his other issues with tolerance and hypocrisy:

2006 - (on TV presenter Jessica Rowe) "What are we going to do about Jessica? When should we bone her? I reckon it should be next week."

2008 - (on witness claims Alan Didak had fled the scene of an accident) "Didak will be accused of the Kennedy shooting next." (McGuire did not attend the press conference where the incident was acknowledged)

2010 - (at the Winter Olympics) Mick Molloy "They don't leave anything in the closet, do they?" McGuire's "They don't leave anything in the closet either." He then went on to suggest one competitor's outfit was "a bit of Brokeback" in reference to Brokeback Mountain.

2010 - By early Saturday what Malthouse had said to Milne was well known and yet, on Saturday afternoon, McGuire was still telling anyone who would listen that the coach had used the word ''pest'' not ''rapist''.

2011 - "I've just a put a team together of your 17-year-olds who'll be sick of living up in the land of the falafel in Western Sydney." "If they go after Scott Pendlebury, I will declare war on Greater Western Sydney and I will set up a tent embassy outside their tumbleweed-blown ground up there in Greater Western Sydney. I will steal every one of their good players for the rest of my life. I will go feral. I will make it my life’s ambition to destroy them and run them into the ground."

Harry O shits me. All fine to call someone a fat **** (giving him some leeway here cause it looked like he said "a bundle of sticks") and pass it off as a sledge, but then gets all preachy on his high horse later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My god Eddie is such a hypocrite. Publicly beats his chest if Goodes is slandered by a 13 year old Collingwood supporter, but casually does the same.

Talk about the Eddie PR Machine in overdrive. On AFL 360 with Harry O'Brien in tow assenting to Eddie's saintly nature. Absolutely pathetic. Rotten culture from the top down to the 13 year old supporter.

For a seemingly intelligent guy who is relentless on any people outside Collingwood who slip up, let's not forget his other issues with tolerance and hypocrisy:

2006 - (on TV presenter Jessica Rowe) "What are we going to do about Jessica? When should we bone her? I reckon it should be next week."

2008 - (on claims there witnesses that Alan Didak had fled the scene of an accident) "Didak will be accused of the Kennedy shooting next." (McGuire did not attend the press conference where the incident was acknowledged)

2010 - (at the Winter Olympics) Mick Molloy "They don't leave anything in the closet, do they?" McGuire's "They don't leave anything in the closet either." He then went on to suggest one competitor's outfit was "a bit of Brokeback" in reference to Brokeback Mountain.

2010 - By early Saturday what Malthouse had said to Milne was well known and yet, on Saturday afternoon, McGuire was still telling anyone who would listen that the coach had used the word ''pest'' not ''rapist''.

2011 - "I've just a put a team together of your 17-year-olds who'll be sick of living up in the land of the falafel in Western Sydney." "If they go after Scott Pendlebury, I will declare war on Greater Western Sydney and I will set up a tent embassy outside their tumbleweed-blown ground up there in Greater Western Sydney. I will steal every one of their good players for the rest of my life. I will go feral. I will make it my life’s ambition to destroy them and run them into the ground."

Who sais he's intelligent , he was a host on "millionaire" not a contestant, and even if he was born smart all those years on " the footy show " would have dummed him up.

FWIW, I don't think he was being racist with this one, just a really bad attempt at making a joke out of the whole thing.

I was in the car listening to MMM with that King Kong reference, the "problem" with racism in that regard is that he was entirely being jestful and it just came out since it was a topic and it was still fresh, so less racism in that part and more attempting to link with a current news topic that contained racism at its core. Either way, it was an entirely poor effort and otherwise he should have pulled himself up on making that comment since he was involved and it would obviously be taken as foot in mouth by everyone that detests or otherwise disagrees with him on that topic.

On the 13 year old girl "not knowing" ignorance is no excuse for inherent racism, it's all about upbringing and her parents should be even more so slandered for their poor attempts at it.

It is somewhat disappointing that someone like myself (those of us who are poor with matching names to faces) cannot flippantly say "that black fella" purely on an observational means to cycle through what their name might be by prompting because it immediately brings up racist overtones. Something which would be purely harmless an a simple observational cue, can no longer be used because the phrase or word has been bastardised.

It's like gay, I mean are we going to be calling it Golden Happytimes because Gaytime is too homoerotic for ice cream? They've already tried to cull those poor kookaburras with it.

I was in the car listening to MMM with that King Kong reference, the "problem" with racism in that regard is that he was entirely being jestful and it just came out since it was a topic and it was still fresh, so less racism in that part and more attempting to link with a current news topic that contained racism at its core. Either way, it was an entirely poor effort and otherwise he should have pulled himself up on making that comment since he was involved and it would obviously be taken as foot in mouth by everyone that detests or otherwise disagrees with him on that topic.

On the 13 year old girl "not knowing" ignorance is no excuse for inherent racism, it's all about upbringing and her parents should be even more so slandered for their poor attempts at it.

It is somewhat disappointing that someone like myself (those of us who are poor with matching names to faces) cannot flippantly say "that black fella" purely on an observational means to cycle through what their name might be by prompting because it immediately brings up racist overtones. Something which would be purely harmless an a simple observational cue, can no longer be used because the phrase or word has been bastardised.

It's like gay, I mean are we going to be calling it Golden Happytimes because Gaytime is too homoerotic for ice cream? They've already tried to cull those poor kookaburras with it.

I know , they taste really good but you have to sort of get them quietly at the counter and eat them when no-one is watching for fear of being outed. In adopting the word gay to refer to homosexuals , the word gay is now evolving into a slur. "that is soooo gay"

FWIW, I don't think he was being racist with this one, just a really bad attempt at making a joke out of the whole thing.

So why is he following up:

"I was tired."

"I was thinking the opposite of what skipped out."

"I'll cop that blemish on my impeccable record." (is he that arrogant that he dismisses the other issues?)

"It was a one off." Mark Robinson at least had the balls to step in at that point and challenge the hypocrite about the falafel comment. "That was a joke" says McGuire. Oh, OK then!

He then went on to say that he will apologise to any indigneous footballers ... any ... pause ... non-white footballers ... and then realised he was digging an even bigger hole.

"I was tired."

"I'll cop that blemish on my impeccable record." (is he that arrogant that he dismisses the other issues?)

"It was a one off." Mark Robinson at least had the balls to step in at that point and challenge the hypocrite about the falafel comment. "That was a joke" says McGuire. Oh, OK then!

He then went on to say that he will apologise to any indigneous footballers ... any ... pause ... non-white footballers ... and then realised he was digging an even bigger hole.

haha did he blame the dog for eating his script.

Come on guys, turn the TV on. It's not racism if it's coming from somebody like Eddie McGuire. He made a gaffe. He was tired. He wasn't thinking what actually came out of his mouth. He has a great reputation on these issues. That 13 year old girl on the other hand......what a racist.

"I was tired."

his media conference was all about saving face and not tralising that the poublic would think it was a big deal.

After he did realise he was in trouble, he backflipped

And whilst we're discussing Eddie's "impeccable record" :

Matt Rendell resigned after a comment he made to AFL community engagement manager Jason Mifsud in January became public last week. He had told Mifsud that the AFL was heading towards a situation in which the Crows would not recruit an indigenous player unless he had at least one white parent. Rendell "I said as a throwaway line."

Vlad "People are entitled to form a view about what was said ... but I will repeat and add one thing: Adelaide invited Matthew Rendell in to explain himself, they weren't satisfied with his explanation and sent him away for a couple of hours."

Asked about an apology, Rendell said: "Yeah, when? No one protested about what I said. I didn't give it a second thought. I would've expected Jason to protest and say it was out of line." Adelaide CEO Steven Trigg confirmed Mifsud and Fahour were deeply offended.

"Nine months after he was controversially sacked by the Crows for his remarks about recruiting indigenous footballers, Rendell will become the new assistant to Magpies' recruiting master Derek Hine."

And whilst we're discussing Eddie's "impeccable record" :

Matt Rendell resigned after a comment he made to AFL community engagement manager Jason Mifsud in January became public last week. He had told Mifsud that the AFL was heading towards a situation in which the Crows would not recruit an indigenous player unless he had at least one white parent. Rendell "I said as a throwaway line."

Vlad "People are entitled to form a view about what was said ... but I will repeat and add one thing: Adelaide invited Matthew Rendell in to explain himself, they weren't satisfied with his explanation and sent him away for a couple of hours."

Asked about an apology, Rendell said: "Yeah, when? No one protested about what I said. I didn't give it a second thought. I would've expected Jason to protest and say it was out of line." Adelaide CEO Steven Trigg confirmed Mifsud and Fahour were deeply offended.

"Nine months after he was controversially sacked by the Crows for his remarks about recruiting indigenous footballers, Rendell will become the new assistant to Magpies' recruiting master Derek Hine."

Randell was poorly done by.

Rendell was poorly done by.

Possibly (in terms of whether the punishment fit the crime). But it seems they sought an apology, and either didn't get one or didn't feel he was sufficiently contrite (i.e. that he understood the mistake he made).

The point is that it's another contradiction to Eddie putting the filth on a pedastool, and claiming the moral high ground.

McGuire set the bar very high for anyone who is not associated with Collingwood.

He inappropriately played the race card against a St Kilda supporter, and was found out.

Accordingly, the standards expected of him (a very highly paid person with a monstrous ego and vast public profile) and his club, need to be high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Herald Sun | Paywall starts here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back