Club Legend
Jun 9, 2007
Bay 13
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hard to drop anyone..... But......

Out Renouf, Young.

In Taylor, Crawford.

Would be nice to see stokes in the squad, but I could not see anyone else getting dropped.

Re: Ins + Outs against the Bulldogs

I thought Young has been brilliant the last two weeks, we need his run in the side!

Good in the second when there was easy space, but he was sloppy in the first half though when the heat was on.

I think he was pretty good overall, but someone has to make way.....

The question should be raised then.....

Will crawf "pull up sore"

Perhaps letting the kids play the games? Afterall....everyone of those blokes has earnt there spot in the finals.

Is it about who has earnt it?

If that is the case - First to go would be Dew, and Murphy.....

Or is it just about the best 22? (Ask Stephen King???)

Dunno....Tough calls to be made this week.

I know....but what I am saying is that the other players have played in more games that got the team to the finals.....

Does that mean they are more worthy?

The question should be raised then.....

Will crawf "pull up sore"

Perhaps letting the kids play the games? Afterall....everyone of those blokes has earnt there spot in the finals.

Is it about who has earnt it?

Speaking of the players who have earnt it, Shane Crawford has spent 15 years "earning it". Even if he is no longer in the best 22, he must play.

I really don't want to see Clinton Young dropped, but it just may happen. He doesn't seem to be as confident as early in the season. He's dropped a few marks in recent times, which before he would grabbed and would have got on his bike, run 40 metres and kicked it 55 metres.

Many times in the last couple of weeks, he's been in the clear, dropped an easy pass, and had to work hard at ground level to try recover ball, and losing the team its advantage.

It's a confidence thing, and at full flight, he is a real key player, but he may still be struggling with the injuries he took on in the middle of the season, when he was forced to play more inside roles.

Out Renouf, Young.

In Taylor, Crawford.

Would be nice to see stokes in the squad, but I could not see anyone else getting dropped.
good win tonight boys, im a big fan of the hawks.

theres no way i would drop young, he was awesome as usual. for crawf to come back in id think dew would be the first out?

what are tuck's chances of getting a go in the finals? is he pretty far off/would there have to be a fair amount of injuries for him to get a run?

Out Renouf, Young.

In Taylor, Crawford.

Out Renouf,Dew
In Taylor,Crawford
I think Clinton Youngs run is very important to our structure and i do not think Stuart Dew gets enough of the pill to warrant a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of the players who have earnt it, Shane Crawford has spent 15 years "earning it". Even if he is no longer in the best 22, he must play.

I really don't want to see Clinton Young dropped, but it just may happen. He doesn't seem to be as confident as early in the season. He's dropped a few marks in recent times, which before he would grabbed and would have got on his bike, run 40 metres and kicked it 55 metres.

Many times in the last couple of weeks, he's been in the clear, dropped an easy pass, and had to work hard at ground level to try recover ball, and losing the team its advantage.

It's a confidence thing, and at full flight, he is a real key player, but he may still be struggling with the injuries he took on in the middle of the season, when he was forced to play more inside roles.

I hope the club is a lot more focussed on winning a 10th flag than honouring old soldiers.

Crawf will just have to wait for an injury.

Crawf can clang with the best of them. and if its just experience then Dew has more.

May be worth not playing Crawf against the Doggies. Get him right and fresh for the prelim/grand final providing we make it that far.

sorry guys, but i think renouf stays in, much more mobile and fit than taylor which will be needed. as you saw last night, robbie campbell will spend some time up forward against geelong to expose taylor and scarlett.

as for crawford, he is in, and can't see who is out, on form i would say dew, but we need his hard body. i love young, really he is great, call him "run and carry", but he may be the victim.

mitchell: have not seen the footage

osborne needs to improve, he is a little selfish at the moment.

everybody: 3 cheers for roughie, his last quarter was very important for us, 5 goals, ...amazing, he played crap for the first 3 quarters.

Changes for the first final?

Very very difficult indeed.

Renouf was solid last night and has a big future at the club but will make way for the bigger bodied more experienced Simon Taylor and rightfully so.

Crawford will be fit and firing for the match...perhaps his last season, so somebody must drop out for him. Murphy was terrific last night and has had a solid season and improved each week and deserves to line up next week. Barring any injuries on the track this week and presuming Brown and Williams come up from their injuries they suffered, who will drop out for Crawf?
Surely Dew will play seeing they included him in the leadership group. However after a solid first half last night...managed just one possession in the entire second half!
Young was good again...two solid performances in a row since coming back into the team. Could he be the unlucky one?

I'd hate to be on the selection panel this week, although, this in itself is an awesome position to be in.

The emergencies will include one of Dew/Young, Dowler/Stokes and one of Morton/Tuck.

what are tuck's chances of getting a go in the finals? is he pretty far off/would there have to be a fair amount of injuries for him to get a run?

Tuck is close to our best 22 however he has stiff competition from guys like Stokes and Morton if an injury occurs. Probably just depends which of the trio plays best in the ressies.

Just quietly McGlynn would be spewing about his latest injury set back. Poor bloke been riddled with injurieis all season. Definitlely in our best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins and Outs against the Bulldogs ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back