Game Day Intraclub Match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think there's space there for T'OB to 'make it'; he's certainly got the skills. He needs two things, however - to find his spot in the team (it seems we're committed to leaving him in defence this year), and confidence.

We'll see how this season pans out before putting a line through him.

Sure we can continue to help TOB find his position and confidence but the bloke is turning 25 soon that’s 7 years in the system and at the end of the day has shown little at AFL level. I hope he makes it as he wears the brown and gold but eventually reality kicks in which influences my opion. He is past being a development player ..... he will be a restricted free agent soon.

Sure we can continue to help TOB find his position and confidence but the bloke is turning 25 soon that’s 7 years in the system and at the end of the day has shown little at AFL level. I hope he makes it as he wears the brown and gold but eventually reality kicks in which influences my opion. He is past being a development player ..... he will be a restricted free agent soon.

Restricted? Gee i like the bloke but surely not.

Restricted? Gee i like the bloke but surely not.
He'll be restricted in that he will only be able to sign with lower league teams and not AFL Clubs. But yes under AFL rules he would be an unrestricted free agent (not paid enough for rfa) and able to sign with any club that wants him, which will be none.

I still think there's space there for T'OB to 'make it'; he's certainly got the skills. He needs two things, however - to find his spot in the team (it seems we're committed to leaving him in defence this year), and confidence.

We'll see how this season pans out before putting a line through him.

I've been quietly supportive of Timmy for a while, but I think in order to see his potential he needs a change of clubs. I always look to Jay Schulz, he struggled to make an impact until he was 25 and was very good at Port.

He is solid depth though, as he has the ability to perform roles at either end of the ground - so unlike others, I'm not too upset he's on the list.

Agree I think we have a number of players that can rotate through the midfield (can add in Impey, Roughy, Hendo, Breust) but to match sides like Pies, Tigers, GWS and WC in that area we need another gun in there. I reckon JOM and Wingard are in that category, hoping Worps gets there but for this season the next best on our list that has the ability and attributes to become an A grade mid is Dimma. The year he was drafted our first 3 picks went to find future midfielders anticipating the retirements we had approaching. I see Dimma similar to the progression of Sidebottom fingers crossed he can follow. But having said all this I trust in Clarko.
Dimma is far to good down back to move from that part of the ground and even if he was to be moved, think it would be up forward seeing as he played his junior footy there.

I've been quietly supportive of Timmy for a while, but I think in order to see his potential he needs a change of clubs. I always look to Jay Schulz, he struggled to make an impact until he was 25 and was very good at Port.

He is solid depth though, as he has the ability to perform roles at either end of the ground - so unlike others, I'm not too upset he's on the list.

He's not solid depth IMHO, just depth, which is why we grabbed Tim Mohr.

Dimma is far to good down back to move from that part of the ground and even if he was to be moved, think it would be up forward seeing as he played his junior footy there.

Big believer of having the teams best players rotating/spending time in the guts where it all starts. Dimma is in that category at the Hawks now and he has got the traits to do well there.

what sort of question is this? Of course worpedo gets a gig in the 22.

Think he means will he play every game.

Yes, yes he will (barring any injury *touch wood*)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he means will he play every game.

Yes, yes he will (barring any injury *touch wood*)

Exactly. No doubt he will be in our best 22.. More curious if we think Clarko might play him for closer to 15ish games than the full 22

Exactly. No doubt he will be in our best 22.. More curious if we think Clarko might play him for closer to 15ish games than the full 22
what would be the reasoning behind not playing him as many games as possible?

Will be heading to the match, I only live down the road off Sydney road so it's an easy little trip for me.. Hoping to see the young kids show a bit, really keen to see Scrimshaw and Lewis, hopefully both have progressed.

Not sure which thread to post in but news out of the blues is that they are going to try and go in as close to full strength as they can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back