Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

GC are basically a Geelong feeder club. They gave them a mid 20s pick the other year for nothing too.
GC and GWS are both predominately feeder clubs for the Vic sides. Rankine coming to us is an exception to the rule, the Vic clubs have benefited far more from both of them.

Wonder why Izak is so keen to get the hell outta the Gold Coast Suns?

AFL Trade Period: Follow all the latest news on all the big deals as they happen​

Jack Bowes has been left feeling betrayed by a club he has loved deeply and never wanted to leave. This is the inside story on his Suns exit.

What were the comments hurled at Izak? Money talks? We were all in this together?

Wonder why Izak is so keen to get the hell outta the Gold Coast Suns?

AFL Trade Period: Follow all the latest news on all the big deals as they happen​

Jack Bowes has been left feeling betrayed by a club he has loved deeply and never wanted to leave. This is the inside story on his Suns exit.
Why can't he just stay on at the Suns, if he feels so bad about them trying to push him out? He's got a contract. That would stuff them. ;)

Why can't he just stay on at the Suns, if he feels so bad about them trying to push him out? He's got a contract. That would stuff them. ;)
Lol, well they can afford to keep him now with Rankine leaving... & they keep pick 7 to go with 5 for the draft.

This simple draft move is dragging on, clearly stage managed by AFL pr for max press cover.

Or it is so lopsided even the AFL are embarrassed by allowing it - and perhaps being reminded by the swans of the ban they got. Seems at the moment GC would only get a future 3rd for it given the Cats already traded their future second

Let that sink in pick 51-54 for pick 7 and a former top 10 pick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or it is so lopsided even the AFL are embarrassed by allowing it - and perhaps being reminded by the swans of the ban they got. Seems at the moment GC would only get a future 3rd for it given the Cats already traded their future second

Let that sink in pick 51-54 for pick 7 and a former top 10 pick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Never forget ,at its heart it is and will always be the VFL.

Rowey on 5AA this morning saying he thinks the AFL are stage managing this (conspiracy theories) I agree trade period drags on to long but don't think the AFL are grandstanding on this one. They have done so in the past, but I don't think so.

I'd like to think it is us as we offered this year's first, but I'd like to think we have put it to them offering next year's 1st and brining in Izak and Mattaes Phillipou.

Rowey on 5AA this morning saying he thinks the AFL are stage managing this (conspiracy theories) I agree trade period drags on to long but don't think the AFL are grandstanding on this one. They have done so in the past, but I don't think so.

I'd like to think it is us as we offered this year's first, but I'd like to think we have put it to them offering next year's 1st and brining in Izak and Mattaes Phillipou.

I think it got held up with so much else going on for Gold Coast. While I have joked a bit about Reidy, I think it's not a bad thing to hold off in particular until the Bowes deal is done. Of all the big trades still to happen seems like this is the most likely to get done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see this thread title with # and I instantly think @ free willy :spoutingwhale:

Last edited:
Was thinking we can get in on the Bowes free for all.

5, for Rankine, Atkins, 7. We clear 400k off their books for Rat

Bowes to Geelong, GC pay 400k of their salary, compensated for by Atkins.

GC get 5 and Cats 23/3

Was thinking we can get in on the Bowes free for all.

5, for Rankine, Atkins, 7. We clear 400k off their books for Rat

Bowes to Geelong, GC pay 400k of their salary, compensated for by Atkins.

GC get 5 and Cats 23/3

Atkins? Really?.... Atkins?

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

He’s beyond parody

What a DH..... So now the Crows apparently regret getting Rankine.

Why does Kane continually jump the gun and make stupid comments like this

My thoughts about Kane have always been that I suspect he's not that bright and has a habit of making rash comments that don't age very well.

One of my favourites is where Melbourne traded Jack Watts for the Bayley Fritsch draft pick.

Kane Cornes, "Somoene call the police there's been robbery".

What a DH..... So now the Crows apparently regret getting Rankine.

Why does Kane continually jump the gun and make stupid comments like this

My thoughts about Kane have always been that I suspect he's not that bright and has a habit of making rash comments that don't age very well.

One of my favourites is where Melbourne traded Jack Watts for the Bayley Fritsch draft pick.

Kane Cornes, "Somoene call the police there's been robbery".

to be fair though, he was right, Melbourne absolutely robbed port

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Back