Toast Jetta's licence to attack

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 4, 2010
South-West Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melb, Eintracht Frankfurt.
SYDNEY Swans co-captain Adam Goodes has revealed the "run at all costs" edict that spurred draftee Lewis Jetta to his eye-catching effort against Carlton on Saturday night.

Jetta, who was taken at No.14 in the 2009 NAB AFL Draft, lit up Blacktown Olympic Park with several blazing runs that reaped two goals, including a nine-point super goal.

Jetta's licence to attack

"Last week in the practice match, Roosy showed a bit of footage when Lewis got it in the corridor and instead of taking off straight down the middle of the ground, he took a few steps back and tried to hand it off to someone," he recalled.

"Roosy posed the question:'What do we want Lewie to do there?' and everyone just told him to take off, run through the middle and back yourself.

Roosy is 100% correct here. His pace is his strength and it should be utilised to the max. If he does that, he's going to excite us for years to come.

I just hope he doesn't go back to Western Australia and stays in Sydney for good. :thumbsu:

And it's great that Goodesy wants to stay at the club and won't be playing for anybody else. I love that man. :D

Where would Goodsey go? He's not in the final year of the contract so GC can't poach him can they?

It says in the article that, his contract ends at the end of 2011. There is a slim possibility that the Gold Coast club can snare him, but I doubt that Goodesy would leave, since he is such a loyal clubman to the Swans cause.

I think they were referring Goodes going to GWS team at the end of his contract not going to Gold Coast as it mentions him liking the ground

Meant Johnston.... But don't worry Rohan will be so good all of us will swear there will be 4 of them on the field :D

Best of all, he's another South-West Victorian product. :D I seriously hope, he's not another Daniel O'Keefe though. :eek: Although, I think Rohan has showed more than O'Keefe ever did.

How good was his set shot from 60metres out in the last quarter? Beautiful looking drop punt.

Didn't completely make the distance but if TDL didn't touch the ball it would of gone through as it cleared the pack.

Not to mention his near miracle snap that got fingertipped right on the line. I was right behind it and it we were all riding it home.

Fantastic talent we have on our hands here.

Not to mention his near miracle snap that got fingertipped right on the line. I was right behind it and it we were all riding it home.

That one was arguably the best of the lot. He knew exactly what he was doing and a more effective shepherd on the goal line would have seen it register a goal.

I liked the bit when Jetta said when he first got to the club he put on his black boots because he was nervous and wanted to fit in, until the other players asked him where his green boots were and he whipped them straight out with a big grin...:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the bit when Jetta said when he first got to the club he put on his black boots because he was nervous and wanted to fit in, until the other players asked him where his green boots were and he whipped them straight out with a big grin...:thumbsu:

Humble Bunbury kid with flair. Awesome :thumbsu:

It was magic against the Blues but I am not getting carried away yet.If the Saints are fair dinkum they will be manning up much better than Carlton.The jury's still out for me.

He looked very, very impressive but you get the impression he may be one of those frustrating players that's prone to go missing for large chunks of a game. Must say though that it's a refreshing change to see a player with both pace and skill in a swans jumper.

A fast attacking midfielder is just so important to our team. One thing that can break up the midfield flood is a backman with the ability to pinpoint a pass over 50 plus metres (Esky) and a midfielder with the speed to get on the end of it and deliver (Jetta) That is exactly what happened Sat night. It was sublime and I want to see more.

I read theres another Jetta the Swans are trying to lure up from the SWFL, said he was even better, it was from the main board so dont know how true but it seemed genuine, who was he talking about?

I read theres another Jetta the Swans are trying to lure up from the SWFL, said he was even better, it was from the main board so dont know how true but it seemed genuine, who was he talking about?

I think the "Swans" in that context is Swan Districts, not our Swans. We're not able to lure anyone (well, not anyone Australian - the internationals are different). We have to draft them.

I think the "Swans" in that context is Swan Districts, not our Swans. We're not able to lure anyone (well, not anyone Australian - the internationals are different). We have to draft them.

ahh thanks, makes sense now I couldnt work out why an eagles supporter location perth, would suggest the Swans were trying to lure him 'up'...:thumbsu:

Im still interested who he meant though, I tried to google answer a bit but there seems to be so many Jettas Im confused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jetta's licence to attack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back