Review JLT #3 - Geelong d Essendon by 22 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Henderson will be very, very good this year - he'll be even better with Harry next to him ALL SEASON.

Taylor forward is working ok structurally even if Taylor doesn't look in form. He is actually drawing players away from Hawkins.

so wont acknowledge a 42 point comeback huh..

Go Catters
It should be acknowledged no doubt about It though I don't like that we were down 42 points to begin with.

Hopefully it convinces them to stop playing Blicavs.

I am not against him playing as a 2nd ruck (this is my preference) or key defender actually but not as a defensive stoppage mid, Scooter actually knows how to tag and showed that in the back end of last year, for all Blicavs gut running he is not a tagger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on limited VFL exposure my impression was that he was at a higher standard, and overall more AFL-ready, than Ruggles when he came through a year prior.

But that may be a low bar to clear. At this stage probably neither of them are good enough.
I'd take Ruggles 8 days a week.

It should be acknowledged no doubt about It though I don't like that we were down 42 points to begin with.
totally agree.

no arguments there.

Go Catters

That can't be judged yet. For all we know Tuohy could have a super year we could do well and Carlton could finish bottom 4 meaning we only did a 6 or so pick downgrade for Tuohy. Or we could have a poor year and Tuohy drop off form wise.

Deledio could help GWS win a flag or he could be Hamish McIntosh mark 2.

Far too early to judge it for all three clubs. Come back in 6-12 months.

Excellent response, I agree completely.

Hurts not having him in the backline though.

No doubt he is a better defender than a forward but we have to have a second key forward who can draw players away from Hawkins, Hawkins is lethal if one on one.

I am not convinced Taylor will work but it's worth trying in case Stanley/Black/House can't do it as we won't win the flag without that role filled IMO.

The excuse was made earlier about them having a year off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
which would be reasonable IMO into the last 1/4.

The comment was made 5 mins into the 3rd after the 1/2 time break.

I called rubbish at that time.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Review JLT #3 - Geelong d Essendon by 22 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back